Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Pohe Vahoc
    Phoenix Battalion
    Bleu Plaza, Lumiose City, Kalos ---> Kiloude City, Kalos
    Affected RPers:
    None

The world around them shimmered in pastel colors, the bustling metro of Lumiose City gradually blurring out to be replaced by unidentifiable shapes. During this time, movement was halted save for the slow beat of the heart or the rumble of an engine, and it was cool – a side effect of the portal magic. During this travelling, Pohe had plenty of time to think, and think she did. She had to find a way to make it so the timers halted the bomb, or otherwise didn’t work the way they intended it to do. Sabotaging her own work was out of the question – she simply had too much pride at stake. So what could she do?

Well, one idea was to put in a fault. When the bomb was activated and hit a certain time – in this case, she’d likely make it ten seconds left – the timer would reset to an indefinite time. Eventually, the battery of the timer would give out, effectively rendering the bomb without an ignition switch. After all, cutting communication was not the same as reaching zero, so different triggers would be involved. The only issue with this plan was that undoubtedly, someone would notice that the bomb hadn’t gone off, and judging from how crazy they were, they’d likely go in and set it off themselves. There was also a strong possibility no one would discover the bomb either.

So she crossed that idea off, for the most part, and thought about possibly creating some sort of beacon. This beacon would be magical in nature, and would specifically be designed to catch the attention of police – as well as making it urgently clear that it was a bomb – in the hopes that someone would come and disarm it. Again, however, she ran into the problem that the police likely wouldn’t get there in time, or perhaps even take it seriously. Yet another idea was thrown out the window.

So delaying wasn’t really effective, and calling the police had the same dilemma, with some viability left. She would still alert the police, yes, but she had to deal with the fact that, like it or not, that bomb had to go off by her own hands, rather than the Repressors. At least with her, there was a chance at saving people… and if the bomb went off, then there would be nothing left to reignite. So she had the bomb go off, but she needed to get rid of the explosion.

…Had she been able to move, she would have smacked herself. The answer came to her in the swirling bubble around them – portals! If she built in a portal inside the device, she could theoretically siphon the energy of the explosion elsewhere. She’d have to do it a few seconds before the explosion itself, to offer time for the portal to establish itself, as they were somewhat fragile. This was high energy, and an unstable portal would result in disastrous consequences. As to where to send the energy, ideally, if she knew where the Repressors were, she could send it there – but because she didn’t, she’d have to settle for one located in a safe area. Issue was, she had to set up the portal there too, and since she’d really like to have it open into the ocean, which would contain the explosion in the best and least harmful way possible, she’d have to go and set one up there. A portal that size, however, would draw attention by authorities, but if they couldn’t trace it back… Ugh, what a mess.

She was drawn out of her thoughts as a dull, piercing wail broke the silence. Harley’s horn drew her attention to the shimmering veil, the colors dulling rather than growing sharper and more defined. Thin, hairline cracks had formed around them, a sharp contrast to the magic as they were stationary amid the moving figures. Pohe’s breath caught in her throat as she recognized the beginnings of a portal failure, and she began to pray it would hold until they reached Kiloude City. The colors around them, however, continued to darken as the cracks grew wider. Moments passed as what seemed like years, and for a second she felt they were going to make it.

Then the cracks opened wide.

The sound that erupted around them was akin to glass shattering as well as an explosion, their hearing impaired as they struggled to regain their senses. She felt wind whistling by her face, and as she opened her eyes, she couldn’t help but give a started screech. They were tumbling high above a forest, Harley’s vents having been affected by the sudden change and were sputtering in an effort to reactivate. The enchantment was weakened by the backlash. It’s not just the vents!

“HARLEY!” she shouted over the wind, “GET YOUR TAILGATE BACK INTO THE AIR!” A few seconds passed as she grabbed the wheel and throttled the engine, the vents flaring as enough energetic fuel finally reached them. It was enough to make it so they didn’t outright die when they hit the ground, but they connected with the earth with enough force to set off alarms within the vehicle. One of the vents blew out, while another suddenly went into overdrive, propelling them down the mossy hill they had landed on and toward the trees.

Again, she screamed the truck’s name, and it seemed it finally realized the predicament they were in. Horn shrieking as it tried to maneuver its remaining vents, they were helpless as they careened through the brush. Turning her head to tell Java to use Psychic, she blinked in shock when she realized he was no longer beside her. From all the chaos that had happened, the Porygon 2 had either been ejected or fled in its confused state, and there was no time to call out anyone else. Pohe yanked the wheel in an effort to divert them from a head on crash with a rather impressive pine, and while that succeeded, Harley’s side smacked into it instead with an audible crunch.

Having been thrown off balance, the truck tried to rectify its orientation which only led to the rear vents misfiring, as they had been damaged in the hit. With only one or two vents working properly, they were thrown into a vicious spin as they tried to slow down. This wasn’t a bad thing, at the very least, as they were now stationary aside from the circling motion. If Harley simply cycled down, which judging from the decreasing engine roars it was, they could land where they now spun.

As they slowed down enough for her to get her stomach out of her throat, she glanced at the sun that was peeking through the trees. We must be somewhere halfway to Kiloude City. The portal failed… so we must have gotten lost en route. She realized, however, something odd about the sun. It appeared to be burning brightly, and moving quickly. Six ember wings beat the air as white and blue fur were lit orange by the fire that swirled around the Volcarona, and Pohe’s choice words were cut off by an impossibly loud bang as the Pokémon collided with Harley. Heat scorched the vehicle’s metal, melting at the initial impact and sending it backwards. Pohe’s face was eagerly greeted by the airbag, which had somehow not gone off through the entire ordeal.

While Harley muttered somewhat incoherently, it spun around with its vents, smashing the end its bed into the moth’s head and toppling it over where its face got blasted by the vent. Screeching in anger, electricity gathered around it, and Pohe held on tightly to the steering wheel as it suddenly blasted upward. Harley was thrown cabin-first into a nearby tree, the popping of a lightbulb heard as it became best friends with bark and the engine’s roar becoming a knocking, inconsistent mess. Upside down as they were, Pohe struggled to unclip the seatbelt, landing on her back with a loud ouch. She felt a warmth running down her face, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out she was beaten up pretty badly. Harley, she imagined, was in worse shape, and Java’s condition was unknown. There was no telling how well her experiments had surv…

My experiments! Fear and urgency washed through her anew, and ignoring the Volcarona and her own body’s complaints, she scrambled out of the broken window to glance. She could see the cloth was still intact, and it appeared that, for the most part, they hadn’t been touched – Harley’s efforts to conserve them had done well, and they were still securely strapped to the damaged bed.

Trying to pull herself out, the truck gave out a feeble honk. “PoHe…t…t…He…VoLCaRoNA…” She halted, glancing at the moth whose body appeared to have taken considerable damage. Most of it, she noted, had not been from Harley’s brief retribution, but as after effects of the Flare Blitz and Wild Charge. This Volcarona had hit them hard, but the attacks it had used preyed upon its weaker physical stature. It was as if it wanted to do as much damage as possible, yet didn’t want to kill them.

A figure emerged from the tree line, wearing a mask that seemed to resemble a Honchkrow, and an equally dark garb to match. “Hello, my dear.” Her heart sank as she recognized his voice as the one who had contacted her about the timers. “Did you honestly expect us to let our greatest asset simply go off on adventures without a chaperone? My, you are so smart, but oh so ignorant…” He walked over, leaning down and tapping the injury on her head, causing her to wince. “Now, we have a deal to finish, but the terms have been changed.” Without even seeing it, she knew his eyes had wandered to her secret project. “…And it appears you have brought us a gift. That will not save you, but we appreciate it all the same. We are not wholly ungrateful.” He grabbed her head and brought out a cloth, wrapping it tightly around her mouth. It had a sweet scent to it, and she felt her mind growing hazy.

The last thing she saw was the Volcarona levitating her machines out of the truck, and then a maelstrom of fire erupting from its jaws onto the disabled vehicle.

The last thing she heard was Harley’s mechanical, distorted scream rend the air and then promptly dissipate into crackling silence.

The last thing she thought?

Oh my Arceus, Harley really was alive. I’m so sorry, Harley. I’m so sorry! I thought... I really thought... What a mistake I made... What a mistake... I'm so sorry!

(It's a travel post...and not a travel post. More or less, the travel was interrupted - they didn't get to their destination. Now, the destination itself wasn't that far to begin with - same region, even - and so I figured that if I had wanted to, I could have done a post and a half for the travel and a bit of arrival/doing things. But since they only got about halfway to their destination, it cut the amount of "travel time" down much more significantly, so I figured it was all right. Didn't mean to break any rules, I just felt that there wasn't enough justification to dedicate an entire post to a travel post that only made it halfway :P I also wanted explosions. ...And thus I wrote a novel. This is a pretty meaty post in itself, so I didn't really cheese the travel anyway XD)

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

OoC: Can't talk about trying to keep the RP going then not post, so here goes!

Shawn Mazox
    the prism league
    Castellia streets
    ARP'ers: none

Things went wrong very quickly. Then they got worse. The streets were overrun with rioters, the mob of people in from of the greymane building had spread out very quickly, gaining numbers even quicker. Trying to make to too the portal metro was like fighting his way through an endless mass of zombies. They were all to busy causing random and general destruction to chase him properly, and they only ever said one of two things: 'end the Mechari' or: 'Repressor! Get him!' Shawn personally found it a bit odd that the fact that he was supposedly a repressor had traveled so fast and people could recognize so easily, but as he was too busy trying not to get killed by magical and Pokemon attacks he didn't give much thought to this.

"We're nearly there Ruby! The metro station should be just around this corner. Thunder!" Shawn shouted to his pokemon, adding this last command as a large togekiss along with its rider came charging at them from out of a side street. The thunder attack easily K.O.'d the flying type, and the trainer was thrown far into the rioting crowd and out of sight. Smashing a few people out of his way with a moving force field spell, Shawn turned the corner to find the metro station of a few yards ahead of him. That wasn't the only thing that was a few yards ahead of him however.

"Oh for Christ's sake! Seriously?" Shawn said angrily, staring at the tall hooded figure in front of him; he didn't have a charizard with him, but that didn't make him any less recognizable from that afternoon back in Celestic town.

"Seriously serious" he said seriously, "You've been running around far too easily Dr. Mazox, even after my group identified you as a repressor behind these attacks. My boss told me from the start that you would become a loose cannon from the moment we uh, borrowed your pokemon, but I personally didn't belive that one doctor from nowhere town could do anything."

Shawn glared ever more fiercely at the person before him, "So you've stolen my pokemon and used me as a scapegoat, yet you're still surprised I tried to do something against you?"

"Oh I'm not surprised at all, but really, you must learn when not to bite off more than you can chew."

At this, Ruby charged forward at the figure, and before either Shawn or his adversary could react, she bit down hard on his shoulder with thunder fang. Electricity shot up and down the hooded figure's body, causing him to growl and step back a few paces, though he caught himself before he fell down the metro stairs. Then with amazing speed, the figure whipped his arm around and smashed his hand into the side of Ruby's head. A dull sound of metal hitting flesh echoed across the area as it happened.

"Ruby!" Shawn shouted, running to the spot where Ruby had been thrown by the attack.

"Pesky beast, If my boss didn't want you captured instead of killed, I would happily teach the both of you a very painful lesson. As it is, my orders were very clear: capture the doctor and his pokemon alive."

As he spoke this time however, his voice buzzed as if it was a radio trying to speak through a haze of static. Shawn also noticed that even with all the movement of the thunder fang and the counter attack punch, the figures robe had perfectly covered his body without letting even a small amount light though.

'It seems my voice box is slightly overcharge," he said, still in that static filled voice, "Even if my programming gives my the ability to have millions of voices, it still can't take even this small shock from a dog's teeth. Oh well. Come Maximus! take our prisoner to the uh, meeting point."

With that Shawn found himself suddenly lifted into the air as a large red charizard appeared behind him and grabbed him in his talons. Shawn kicked and flailed as much as he could, but it was no use, the charizard had too strong of a hold on him. Just as he was being lifted away from the metro station and from the still hooded figure, a bolt of electricity shot from the ground, piercing the great right wing of the dragon. Ruby had gotten back on her feet once again!

Naturaully, as the Charizard had lost the use of one of its wings, it made a desperate attempt to stay in the air, and this meant it had to lose any heavy loads t might be carrying. Shawn was that lucky load to be dropped, and he fell straight onto the stairs leading down to the metro. With his arms to weak from the Charizard's tight grip, Shawn couldn't find the strength to cast a shield spell to stop him from hitting the uneven stairs below. The resulting smash into the hard stone steps sent agonizing waves of pain through his body as he half rolled, half bounced down the rest of the stairs. By the time he stopped tumbling, he could feel the blood poring from battered body as his head felt like it would split in two.

Feeling as if he might pass out any second, Shawn took the effort to look up the stairs he had just fallen down, only too see Ruby come flying down as well. When she too landed next to him, he saw that she had been hit many times by something very strong.

"Forget the orders, you two are dead for this!" The hooded figure towered above them, still at the top of the stairs. His hands, which were no longer hidden by his cloak, were balled in fists, and were dripping with Ruby's blood. At this point Shawn's head fell back to the ground, exhausted by holding it up for so long. As his gaze fell back to his own level, he noticed to that he and Ruby had landed near one of the metro portals. A smile forced its way onto his bloody face.

"You'll have to try a little harder if you want to capture me." Shawn said to the hooded figure running down the stairs toward them, though his voice was so weak that he doubted the it was actually heard. Pulling himself together for one last push, Shawn grabbed Ruby and threw himself and his pokemon through the portal. The scream of anger coming from the hooded figure buzzed with static as Ruby put the finishing touches on the escape: slightly shocking the portal so that it closed behind them.

"I wonder where this will take us." Shawn wondered before giving in to his pain and passing out.

VPP

Shawn Mazox
    The prism league
    portal stasis --> forest in Kalos
    ARP'ers: grassy_aggron

Shawn came too some time later, though not much had changed since he had passed out. Both he and Ruby were still traveling through the portal, so he hadn't arrived at where ever it was going. He could also feel Ruby's body still held tight to his, though with out being able to move he couldn't tell for sure if she had come around as well. After what Shawn guessed to have been several hours or so, his injuries were fealing better. His head wasn't hurting nearly as much, though it still throbbed painfully every now and then. The rest of his body still ached and burned, though he felt that if he had been able to move that he would've had enough strength to walk at least. Clearly the physical petrification of portal travel had given his injuries the rest that they dearly needed, though of course it would be some days before it was truly healed.

As Shawn watched the swirl of color and motion, he thought about everything the mechari, which is what he guessed to be under the hood and cloak, had said. Assuming that he was the leader, or at least one of the leaders, of the fire riders, it meant that the group worked for someone else. Most likely the repressors, but in the new world chaos you never knew what could pop up. They were also unnaturally interested in him and his Pokemon.

"What would they want me for? It's not like I would have gone out to hunt them down on my own, if they hadn't stolen my Pokemon I would probably be just another doctor trying to calm the riots. Maybe they didn't want me involved with whatever I would've been involved with if I had gone normally, but then why did they just steal my Pokemon instead of kill me? It's not like they don't like to kill people. No, it must be my pokemon, something about them appealed to their cause, oh if only I knew what it was!"

These thoughts swirled inside Shawn's head for some time, before they were interrupted with an abrupt observation: there were sudden cracks appearing in the portal stream! Unable to react, he watched in horror as the cracks slowly grew longer and wider, before the whole thing shattered all together. His head and body roaring in complaint as all his senses were forcibly turned back on, he found himself soaring mere inches from the ground. If it were not for the high speed at which he was going, he would've hit the ground and most likely died from the impact. Instead, he flew through the air and then down into an icy cold river, which was another lucky break.

The river, which was deep, but not too wide, was icy cold and it made his injuries scream in pain. Unable to get his bearings in the frozen water and on the verge of fainting from his injuries, Shawn struggled to swim back to the surface. He kicked, he pulled with his hands, he flailed in every direction, but to no avail. Then his hand found a mane of wet fur, it was Ruby! Pulling himself to her, he could feel himself rising and suddenly his lungs filled with fresh air, Ruby had again saved his life just in time.

This dive into the water and the haul of bringing Shawn to shore was, however, too much for the luxray, who was still grievously injured from the previous fight. As soon as they were both safely out of the water, Ruby collapsed to the ground, no longer conscious.

"N-no! Ruby!" Shawn struggled to his limp pokemon and held his head to her chest. A very faint beat could be felt. "Oh thank god, you're still alive. I'm so sorry for putting you through this Ruby. I'm s-so s-sorry."

He reached down to pull out his PCC, there was no way Ruby could go anywhere like this. It wasn't there, neither was his medical bag. looking around, he saw the PCC floating slowly downstream. The bag had clearly sunk below the water and out of Shawn's reach, but the PCC had escaped the bag in the confusion and had floated to the surface. As he crawled along the bank to reach the crystal, Shawn heard a loud metallic screech as well as the roaring of flames in the distance. Looking in the direction of the noise in shock and fear, he saw a column of smoke rising over a small forest in the distance. He had a feeling that he wasn't the only one to be ejected from a portal. Once he had returned Ruby to the PCC, he decided to explore the pillar of smoke. So he stood up and began his slow walk toward the black pillar in the distance.

VPP