Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Christian, specifically Roman Catholic. I don't attend church or mass anymore, though. I don't like where the church's corruption has taken it, but that hasn't done anything to diminish my faith in God and Jesus Christ.

Atheist. It's rather common where I live in England to see a load of Atheist people anyway, or whilst I grew up. However, I do keep an open mind and I am very interested in many of the religions out there. :)

~Sealboy

I'm Roman Catholic, although I haven't gone to Mass in quite a while... I still believe in it, though I haven't been too good in practicing it.

I was raised a Catholic but after we needed the church to help us through hard times they weren't there so we went to Baptist. Though now it's nothing really.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

im not religious, i can probably count the times i have been to church on one hand. but i can respect your oppinion as long as you respect my oppinion. i got friends in many religions and we get allong nicely.
    i will admit to being to to kind and respectful towards certan pepole that take religion on a crazy level and basicly threaten me because of my disbelif..
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!

42, that is the answer Soulmaster's Avatar
    I am personally a Roman Catholic. I am a Cradle Catholic(born into it) to be precise. I have not had any second-thoughts about it either. I do believe all of the teaching, while I might not practice it as well as I should I still do. In fact becoming a priest is something I have always thought about, yet I'm still not sure. But yes, while the Catholic Church has had trouble and was/is corrupted, name one organization that isn't. It is part of human nature, we are corrupt. And people saying what the church did back in the Middle Ages as a reason that is corrupt as well, no reason to say that, everything was back then, we have learned, doesn't matter, people still use that.

/end rant

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    The church of Madoka, obviously. Being the prophet and all. :P

In all seriousness, I'm not at all religious. If I had to identify with a religion the most, it would be Buddhism, which is what I was raised in. I have dabbled on Christianity and Catholicism from time to time, mainly because of friends and family who are one or the other. In Hong Kong, however, the distinction between the two is much more...radical. Things that Neo Emolga was saying about "Roman Catholic, Christian" would be ironically taboo there. *sigh*
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

the undone and the divine Giratina's Avatar
    It's weird. Both of my parents were Christian, and they raised me Catholic. My dad is one of those people who goes to church every Sunday and sends his children to religious studies classes from kindergarten to eleventh grade. So when I was younger, we all took Church visits a lot, which I found to be rather pointlessly complicated. And now that I'm a bit more grown up -- albeit still a teenager -- I pretty much hold the same opinion. I am a Christian, but I dislike the church. What the church does is all well and good for some people, but I definitely do not see it as necessary to go to a certain building and perform a complicated ritual just to inform your deity that you love him. He already knows. He's omniscent. That's why he's a deity.

I'm a Christian, although I'll bet that what you think when I say "Christian" is quite different from what I mean.

To answer the question "what do I believe?" more specifically, I am a Protestant, confesionally Reformed (meaning I embrace the Three Forms of Unity and Westminster Standards), and catholic (notice the little c, meaning not the denomination, but that I worship God with all the saints in all times and places in agreement with the Apostle's Creed). The mentioned documents give a fuller expression of what I believe.

And I don't go to church to express my love to God. I go to church to be served by Him, because I am weak, sinful, and frankly, my love for God is hardly worth speaking about.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Technically i am Greek orthodox but if agnostic was considered an actual religion i would convert to it. There are simply concepts in christianity that i don't understand or agree with . the way i see things, i will find out what the afterlife is when i go there.