Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unovan Dark trainer and breeder Maddox's Avatar
    I am also Roman Catholic. I agree with Soulmaster, there is corruption in the church but that's true of every church and of every organization of people. A Catholic just has to remember that your faith isn't in the church as an organization of people but in God and His Church as the body of Christ. Have faith in the teachings and in the Eucharist and don't let the corruption of others drive you away from the spiritual gifts the mass provides. Personally, I have great respect for Pope Francis because I think he's trying to remind people what their faith is truly about and deal with some of the misunderstanding of and corruption of the church itself.

I'm agnostic, although I enjoy going to church to sing hymns! I also like the peaceful atmosphere of churches.
    Life's a hoot! (I should be shot for that pun)

Unovan Dark trainer and breeder Maddox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I'm agnostic, although I enjoy going to church to sing hymns! I also like the peaceful atmosphere of churches.
    High five for singing, dude! I cantor for my church. I love to sing. It's always awesome to see and hear people in the congregation singing out. So many people don't anymore.

I'm not religious, but since I celebrate Christmas, Christian.
    Lurking in the Shadows...

The King of Digimon Fiery Fastball's Avatar
    I am an atheist, and I am proud.

Agnostic atheist here. I think that there could be a god, but there's not enough evidence to suggest that there really is one.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar

So against my better judgement...

Ok. So completely against my better judgement, I'm going to answer this question. If you find that you have issue with my answer, the kittens are in the first post, or alternatively held by Ivy in my avatar.

I've been keeping this on the down low for a long while, but certain events have persuaded me that I shouldn't hide such a large part of my life, and if anyone objects to it, it's their problem, not mine.

I'm a Muslim.

No. This does NOT mean I'm a violent terrorist misogynist backwards downright jerk. It means that I believe in one omniscient omnipotent God, and that Muhammad is his Messenger. It means that I pray several times a day, and that I fast during the lunar month of Ramadan. It means that I recognize that I'm not perfect, and that I therefore must recognize that others are not either, but my aforementioned imperfections mean that I have zero right to judge.

This has zero bearing on my personality, other than the fact that it helps me reinforce that we are all ignorant, and therefore must quest for knowledge to better ourselves. I'm still quirky, cheerfully morbid, and really really sarcastic. I still enjoy science and mathematics and writing. I still believe that reading is akin to breathing. And most importantly, given how much I know I may judged for my religion, I know that I must not judge people on anything except, as a great man said, by the content of their character.

If you ever have questions about Islam, you may feel free to ask me and I promise you I will answer as best as I can. If you want to flame me, I'm covered in a metaphorical fireproof suit, so it will do absolutely nothing to me as I file your comments into my mental trash.

As an endnote: I want to thank Velocity extensively. She has known this for a while, and supported me when I told her that I wanted to do this. Thank you.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

8. This post has been liked by:

Oh, neat! I'll have to take you up on questions concerning Islam over PM in the future when I think of something worth your time. If anything I say offends you it's entirely due to ignorance, so excuse me. :)

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Deaths Spook: Good on you for being open about it. It takes balls to come out like that, especially when Islam is villainized the way it is. People judge the group for the sins of the individual. I constantly hear people consider me to be a homophobe or mysoginists for being Christian, because some of the more extreme Christians hate homosexuals, or believe women should be stay at home housewives. I know Muslims have been judged for the acts of terrorists, and can guess that Catholics haven't been treated the same since the incidents with children. We are in a judgemental and generalizing world. It is hard to be open about our faith.

I'm Christian. I attempt to do right at all times. So to end this short.