Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What is Your Religion?

Simple question, what do you believe?

This is not a thread for debate, arguing, hating, bashing, proselytizing, etc! If you're offended by anything someone else posts, go look at this picture of kittens instead.

I'll post my thoughts a little later. :u

|||||||||

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I'm a Christian - I go to a Baptist church, but I don't really consider myself to be of any particular denomination, unless you count Protestant.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

I'm going through that teen phase wherein religion becomes a hazy area. I'm agnostic currently, however I was raised a Catholic - as are most Irish people. I just don't understand how a church could be so corrupt and sexist. So I thought about 'God' and a superior being, and I acknowledge 'Him', but I'm not sure if he is the all powerful, omniscient, amazing being. I think of 'Him' as more of an overseer that guides us down the path of life, but doesn't necessarily have power over us.

Just my thoughts on the subject. :3c
    will you be my
    h e r o ?

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I'm going through that teen phase wherein religion becomes a hazy area.
    Ha ha, same here. I'm also agnostic. Well, agnostic atheist. Mostly agnostic, though! I'm a skeptic as well, so it's not just deities I don't believe in. Ghosts, spirits/souls, anything supernatural! I was raised protestant christian, not really to any denomination. I became a deist first, then an agnostic, which was almost two years ago.

|||||||||

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Ah religion, one of the most sensitive topics on the Internet.
    I am a Christian. One thing that irritates me is how society expects us to be perfect. I am only human and will stuff up. There are things I am trying to work on fixing in myself, for example my bad language.

I haven't actually ever shared this before, but... I think I'd like to now ^^ I'm Christian--specifically a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints :) It's certainly been the greatest source of happiness in my life ^^ It's probably why I'm always such an optimistic person xD

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Haha, me and religion had a past together. I have learned not to be so venomous about the subject, specifically because I have actually read about the reasons behind religious belief. I, personally, am irreligious. I don't find that religion offers me any sort of comfort or morality and that I have, in fact, been a better person without it. I do, however, find other people's religious beliefs to be intriguing, and am not afraid to challenge them if a claim is made.

I don't find any reason to believe in a deity either, but religion and God are two different things.

8. This post has been liked by:

I agree! I have definitely noticed that I am a better person since I've become an atheist. I hate when I tell people that I am and they look at me like I'm a hellspawn. ._. Everyone has morals, morals that come from society. Religions do have morals as well, but religion isn't the source of morality, so it's not like atheists have no morals. xD A society itself cannot function with moral-less individuals!

/offtopic But yeah, we don't actually eat babies. xD

I also agree that religion and god are two different things. I've to say that spirituality is so much more diverse than religion. But I'm not getting into any rants, lol.

|||||||||

10. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I don't know what religion I am. I haven't been to church since I was really young, and that was the only religious thing I've ever done in my life.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

No religion for moi. Mother trucking atheist.

However, I'm not so ignorant to believe that my opinion is 100% guaranteed, unlike the way I know some atheists to act. Although, admittedly, I also know of religious people who act like that, so swings and roundabouts...

No, I believe there is no God/s and there is no afterlife. In all honesty though, I'd quite like to be proved wrong.