Azrael
Shinigami
New York City
Affected RPers: None

It had been a few days since his move to New York. Azrael had lived in the motel the last few days, trying to blend in, until he figured out what to do with himself. Azrael had no idea what he was going to do. He had a life in Venice. Same thing, day in, day out. Wake up at dawn. Wait at Isabel's memorial until 8, then work until 6pm in the shop, building gondolas. It had been this way for centuries, ever since Isabel died.

Had he not been seen, he would still be doing this. But now he was in New York. Things have to change. First thing would be a job. Even though he could potentially live forever, without fear of illness or starvation taking him, a Shinigami still feels discomfort, and to live comfortably, Azrael knew he would need money.

The clouds were grey, and the rain was drizzling down onto the already wet road and footpaths It was 9am, and Azrael had an appointment at 10. A job interview for a job as a carpenter. He walked along the wet path, avoiding puddles, as he looked at the fold out map he had taken from the hotel.

"At the next left, turn. If you say anything, I will shoot you here and now." Said a raspy voice from behind Azrael, as he felt the barrel of a gun dig into his back "In that alley there is a warehouse. You are to go in there."

Azrael remained silent, as he realised what was going on. This was a mugging. He felt sorry for the mugger as he walked and turned into the alley, and eventually into the warehouse. In the warehouse were three other men, who looked at Azrael like a pack of starving hyenas.

"He was using a map to get around." said the man who had the gun. "Probably some tourist."

"I am not a tourist." Azrael said, "And to be honest, I feel sorry for you."

The men exchanged puzzled looks as Azrael began to change form.

"I don't like killing, but you leave me no choice." Azrael said as he grabbed the man behind him, and threw him into the group, knocking down one of the men. Azrael moved to the doors, blocking their escape, as the rest of the men pulled out guns and began shooting at him.

Azrael let the bullets phase through him, and advanced towards one of the men, grabbing him, and wrapping his long Shinigami fingers around his neck, cutting off his oxygen supply. The man went unconscious, and stopped struggling, and when he did, Azrael held his torso with one arm, and used his other hand to twist the mans neck, killing him.

+18 years.

There were three men left, two of them still down from the first attack. Azrael hovered towards the man still standing, and grabbed him, as one of the two remaining men stood up and grabbed a gun, shooting at Azrael. Azrael held the man in front of him, who took all the bullets, going limp after taking a fatal one to the chest.

+24 years.

Azrael jumped up, and forced his wings down. Flying to the top of the warehouse. The man with the gun lost site of him, and began running to the door. But before he made it, the Shinigami swooped down, crushing the mans head against the ground with his foot.

+12 years.

There was one man left who stood petrified. Azrael walked towards him as he shook more and more. The numbers above his head dropped, and the cause of death changed. The letters rearranged themselves, until they said, "Thrown in front of truck by Shinigami."
Azrael grabbed the man, and threw him towards the only window to the building. The man crashed through, landing in front of a truck which hit him, killing him instantly.

+8 years.

The Shinigami took on his human form, and left the building before he was noticed, and continued his way to the interview. He knew he would rather have not killed the men, but he knew that if he didn't change forms, they would have killed him, and if he let them live, his presence would be known. People die every day in New York. They wouldn't be noticed.

Gonna get posts up for the other two when I find time this week. This is my way of showing I am still here ha ha