Thread: PRS Fun Facts

PRS Fun Facts

Just some random tidbits about random pages in the comic- how many of these did you know about?

1. There are red lines in the cover page of the comic that look like a certain ocean-dwelling legendary. This was because the original story had a plot with Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. Since the plot is no longer what it was, the cover page has almost nothing to do with the comic now. (I plan on remaking it one day.)

2. Kabutops cannot learn Rock Blast through any means. I wonder who used Rock Blast then...

3. Entei's Diamond/Pearl Pokedex entry says that Entei roars a volcano erupts somewhere in the world. In its Soul Silver entry, it states that a new Entei is born whenever a Volcano erupts.

4. The opening scene of the comic is relatively unchanged from the original written version of the story. It's the only scene that wasn't entirely changed.

5. The second island near Mystella island was a cursed island that was home to Groudon in the original story. It's been a while, but I do believe I named it Cazerad island. I was/am horrible at names.

6. Naya may be clueless and silly in the comic, but she was originally a pretty serious/grumpy character. I like silly Naya better.

7. Another scene sorta kept from the original story was the part where Naya runs into a tree.

8. In the original story, everyone road on top of Perris and not in a boat.

9. Naya likes water, but originally, she hated it like any fire type would.

10. Jasper runs a jewerly store.

11. I can't draw [url=http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/d/b/db7e945d3u9ug.png]dialga,[url] hence the darkened panel to hide my horrid drawing.

12. There's an umbreon on this page.

13. Mist's room has references to my original story, Sunrise. The blue scarf and the sphere are both significant objects in the story of Sunrise.

14. Also in Mist's room, you can see a picture next to a vase with Gracedia flowers. The picture has Mist as a misdreavus and a Delphox- Lady Garnet.

15. So far, only minor legendary Pokemon have been killed.

16. Mist and Amber are the most commonly misgendered Pokemon in the story. Everyone keeps thinking both of them are male.

17. Amber fails at a psychic type. Her only skill is teleporting... and she can't even do that very well.

18. Bern is short for Bernard.

19. Bern isn't wrong about what is in the bad. There's lots of shiny rocks in the bag.

20. The twins call Bern 'Grumpy' because he's always the one to get angry at them for just about anything.

21. The twins are afraid of Ace when he's angry. However, Ace doesn't get angry often.

22. Ho-oh did indeed fight Giratina during the war. Strange she doesn't seem to suspect him for the recent trouble yet.

23. In the last panel, the pile of rocks is a grave. Barely visible flowers can be seen before it. Poor Mightyena.

24. Look! A stupid Luxio.

25. The growlithe in the last panel is Ace. In later pages, a scar can be seen on the paw that was bitten on this page.

26. Lucy is a pretty good artist. Especially for a Pokemon lacking in hands. She also pulled those images out the same way the cast will eventually pull out those backpacks I forgot to draw through the entirety of Chapter Four. WHOOPS.

27. Good luck getting Bern to let the twins press this button later.

28. The two shadows in the smog are Kabutops.

29. The barrier above the flame was created by Moltres to keep it out of sight from anyone who might stumble upon it from above. From above, the barrier looks like a giant piece of stone.

30. Ashe is short for Ashelyn..

31. Sunny is new to the guard. Lora, however, has been with the guard for many years. She's often seen helping Sunny out.

32. Naya may be naive and clueless, but she's certainly not entirely stupid. If anything, she's got a good trait of being able to tell when someone is not to be trusted- she's also got a slight stubborn streak when needed.

33. Xenith's eyes aren't typical of the type of Pokemon he is- I took artistic liberties and made them yellow. CAUSE I CAN. He would not be the first character in which I've made some adjustments to their eyes- and won't be the last.

34. According to several Pokedex entries, Exeggcute can communicate with one another using telepathy.

35. Mist is more than capable of knocking out the guards.

36. Naya's ability is guts- which is Flareon's Hidden Ability. Eevee's Hidden Ability is Anticipation.

37. That's what Ace was forgetting!

38. As seen before, Naya has horrible awareness of her surroundings when she's thinking or talking to Echo.

39. Echo seems failry certain that Naya will be okay. Hmm...

40. The pitfall trap was built as an escape from the boulder. Naya just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time.

41. It looks like someone knows Ace's father.

42. This page had to have been the most fun one to work on in a long time. For various reasons. Poor Naya.

43. Hold on a second... Isn't that room in the bottom right familiar?

44. This is not the same Kabutops from the prologue. This one has a horizontal scar on his nose- while the other had several scars all over his body.

Haha, I loved reading through all these! My favourite was the stupid luxio. xD Although the mightyena grave was sad. :c OOH THAT WATERY ROOM. Is it the one Nyra went into?!?!?!

lel Ashelyn sounds like a girl's name

@Suicune's Fire

Yeah. Stupid Luxio... xD Electric attacks versus a Cubone? Pffft. I tried to put in things that people may not have noticed in the comic- as well as some random facts. Ashelyn is the Charmeleon / Bern's sister that appears late in Chapter Three.

Oh, derp! For some reason I thought Ashe was Ace's name for a moment. Brain fart. xD Still though, I like the name. c: