Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello friends

hello friends

Hey there! I was a fairly active member of PE2K many, many, many a year ago, under the glorious username that only the most creative of 10-11 year olds could think of; PapaLuLu27.

I haven't been an active member of, well, any online community for a while now, but seeing the current WAR and the names of some old friends (you've gotten a lot better at spriting, @Suicune's Fire!) (is this how you tag) made me want to at least make the effort to getting back into forum'ing. Also the current WAR Pixel Art challenge looks super interesting so that definitely had a part in my joining (it took a month and a bit, but I guess you convinced me after all, @Speed-X). Speaking of which, I have no idea which team to join so if anybody reads this and wants this random guy with 1 post in their team, drop a message!

So nice to meet ya'll! Like I was back in PE2K, I'll probably just lurk the heck out of the sprite section, and who knows, maybe I'll sprite something once in a while and slap it in the GSS.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! PAPALULU!!!!!!!!!!!! I remembered you fondly and still do! Oh my gosh, it's so awesome that you're here again! :D I thought you'd disappeared off the face of the planet. Although, I DO have you on DA, don't I? Unless I accidentally culled you while doing a group-unwatch, which happens occasionally. xD

I'm so glad you're here. :,] And thank you for your compliment! I certainly hope I've improved. And if you did your avatar, which I assume you did, then I can confirm that you're as great as ever, but BETTER! Luis. <3 I know that's not your name, but Luis. <3

Also do you remember when you did this for me on the 22nd of August, 2008?

Or when you did this for us when we were paired?

Well actually, they both have the 22nd of August, 2008 as their creation date, so that's probably when I saved them to my computer, not when you made them. xD BUT STILL.

Welcome, welcome, and more welcome. <3 If you're looking to join a WAR team, you should TOTALLY join Jupiter Mining Corporation. ;D Which is my team. Click on my awesome bitpost badge to go to our page. ;D BUT SERIOUSLY IT'S SO COOL YOU'RE BACK. <3

I do have dA and I haven't heard from you in ages on there either! And my avatar was done by me, but it's been a year or so since I did it and I haven't done anything much to the same standard for a while haha.

It's so weird seeing my old stuff (I think I still have the bases for those somewhere); especially my old sprite signature! I actually came up with the signature and then derived my netname "Luis Noble" from it because it kind of looks like it has an L and an N. Speaking of which, it's been so long since I've been called Luis; it's really strange and I've been trying to put my embarrassingly paranoid past behind me (though I guess it's fine to still be called that way because it's my fault for calling myself that...)

But it's good to be back! Happy to be back! I'll join a WAR team soon and get to posting some darn pixel art!
    Last edited by monkeybard; 06-25-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Ahaha, sounds like me. I only go on there to post stuff, then leave. xD Ooh, well your avatar is awesome anyhow! 8D

Lol that's awesome. c: THEY'RE AWESOME AND CUTE. Oh wow, really? I didn't know that. xD Well I'll still call you Luis because I don't even remember your real name. xD I guess your paranoia worked! 8D Unless you'd rather me call you LuLu. x)

Yay! 8D I CAN'T WAIT! >:3

LuLu somehow feels less embarrassing to me so I think I wouldn't mind that at all actually!

Also:

xD Okay, LuLu!

Oh my gosh. xD That's perfect. So cute. <3 I miss the good ol' PE2K spriting days!

Well HELLO HELLO ITS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN *GLOMP TACKLE*

I'm really glad to see you joined, lurker or not!! To be honest I haven't seen much of your new pixel art but you know what I'm gonna check that out now

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

@Suicune's Fire I think I partly came back to have a similar ol' spriting community experience actually! I got my start on and almost honed all of my skills on PE2K back in the day and I first found out about PE2K because it was one of few sites in the early web to have a sprite resource. PE2K plays a big role in why I sprite and I'm glad it lives on in spirit; I can only hope more spriters find their start here!
    @Speed-X I haven't been posting much of my recent pixel art anywhere! I've been doing a lot of RSE-styled commissions in private and also some pretty simply chibi kinda sprites for my friends sometimes, so I haven't been in an environment where the DPPt/BW shading style and 80x80 canvas are prominent in a very, very long time haha.

In any case I'm pretty stoked that all the forum "games" as such still exist with the URPG, VPP, ASB. I never really got into URPG but GCEA sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to having a VPP again; or maybe a Prism Pokemon (though both those things seem to have gone relatively inactive).

@monkeybard, I definitely know what you mean. :] The spriting community here is smaller and less active than it was on PE2K, but we've got some talented spriters nonetheless. :] I think it's awesome that you've been doing RSE styled stuff! Honestly, I haven't sprited much in a long time, and when I do, it's not with the classic 64x64 canvas, so I suppose we're switched on that one! xD

GCEA is great fun. There may be a new story starting up centering around "White Rockets" who are the do-gooders of Team Rocket (or who THINK they're do-gooders). It's sort of like an RP but less intensive with posting, and you keep track of the pokemon you catch, points you earn, etc. You use points to evolve pokemon, catch them, buy stuff, and everything in between. xD It's fun but right now it's inactive until WAR is over. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Nuuu it's nothing to do with you. D: I think people just randomly come in and out of this section. =/ It's annoying, but it happens. Trust me, it's not an issue with you. :] You didn't say anything to offend anyone, and you're perfect interesting! I think we need a broader audience. D: SOMEONE NEEDS TO ABDUCT PEOPLE AND TAKE THEM TO PXR. >:3
    I just found this comment in @Speed-X's pixel art thread and I realise I have been coaxed into coming here to be a more active member of the Spriter's Sanctuary. Consider me successfully abducted!