Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Theo Myrsky
    Scarwell, Azmarax
    ARP'ers: @Noblejanobii

"You wouldn't have to look very far is you searched the shadows,"

Theo nearly turned around and attacked the voice that had come out of the shadows practically right next to him. He had not expected anyone else to be in the alleyway, but his surprise at the voice was nothing compared to his surprise when the Mightyena walked right out of the shadows and sat next to him. She had been right there all along, and he hadn't even noticed. After sitting down, She continued talking.

"I must admit, I was a bit startled when someone actually came to help me when I was cornered. It immediately told me that you weren't from around this area. I apologize for bolting as quickly as I did. The risk of getting caught is highly likely for someone of my… allure. You see, I was unsure if I could really trust you or not. So, I admit, I fled, turned in my prize to its rightful client, and began to wander again. It was then that I realized, there was something different about you. A unique feeling that I have only truly experienced few other times. And what you have said since I began to tail you only proves my suspicions. You are a seer, are you not?

Theo took a breath and sat back down on his crate, looking at the mightyena.

"Yes, I am a seer. And yes, I'm not from around here. I've recently traveled across the Triplecross Sea from Emerald Coast. I apologize for startling you, I didn't want any possible friends or allies attacked before I got a chance to talk to them. As for lookng in the shadows, you;'re ability to hide yourself is so acute that even your seer aura was hidden when you were right next to me. I don't think that I would've been able to find you unless you wanted to reveal yourself."

Theo glanced over at the shadowy area the Mightyena had appeared from before looking back at her inverted eyes and continuing.

"My name is Theo Myrsky. I was Born in Kivian City, but eventually moved to to Emerald Coast. I've had training in both Seer abilities and physical fighting, as well as some studies by some rather self absorbed Royals from Kivian City. I also have a slight problem with anger issues, tough its rather selective on what I get angry about. And to be honest, you are the first seer I've actually met, though I know where several are through my Aura search."

Theo paused for a moment here, considering how to word what he was about to say next. He had refined his original plan slightly since first making it, and having to put it into words forced him to be more exact about what he wanted to do. Start with the end goals, then work backward. He had learned that that was always the safe approach when unsure about plans.

"I came over to Scarwell to find seers who could help me fight the abyssal forces. You see, my friend Via was taken hostage by the abyss as a way to get some kind of control over me. I want to save her. My original homeland has fallen to the abyss as well, something I plan to change. And while I'm at it I figured that I might as well work toward getting the monsters out of this world all together." As he said this, he fingered the Thunderstone shard necklace around his neck.

"I have a plan, but to be honest its not completely thought through and I would need a lot of help to achieve it anyway, which is why I sought out other seers. What I want to do is flank the enemy armies, get behind them and hit them where they don't expect it."

Theo took a deep breath, and mentally readied himself for what he was about to say.

"I want to go into the abyss, capture the black prophecy, then close the portal from the abyss to our world. Though of course preferably after I had left the abyss."

A little more direct than what he had been taught by the Nobles, but something told him that the high end talk of the rich was not needed here.

"You don't have to help me. If you feel that this is not the task for you, then I will go and seek out another seer. Though your personal set of skills would be ideal for this kind of mission."

There. a perfectly fair chance to refuse his crazy plan.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Raven Karan the Mightyena
    Back alley, Scarwell, Azmarax
    Affected rpers: @Morzone

Raven watched in slight amusement as she seemed to have completely taken the Quilava off guard. This Pokemon surely could not be that practiced of a seer if he could not sense another one of his own kind right next to him. Yet, there it was. The Quilava took a deep breath and sat back on the crate where he was perched. He seemed to be trying to wrap his head around the situation. Raven merely watched him calmly, not bothered by this wait at all. Patience is a virtue after all.

"Yes, I am a seer. And yes, I'm not from around here. I've recently traveled across the Triplecross Sea from Emerald Coast. I apologize for startling you, I didn't want any possible friends or allies attacked before I got a chance to talk to them. As for lookng in the shadows, your ability to hide yourself is so acute that even your seer aura was hidden when you were right next to me. I don't think that I would've been able to find you unless you wanted to reveal yourself."

Raven narrowed her eyes a little in confusion. He hadn't been able to sense her at all? Perhaps her seer abilities were stronger than she had once thought. Being able to cloak herself in the shadows was one thing, but completely hiding herself from all detection was another. Raven quickly made a mental note to discuss this with her master later before tuning back in to the Quilava's speech.

"My name is Theo Myrsky. I was Born in Kivian City, but eventually moved to to Emerald Coast. I've had training in both Seer abilities and physical fighting, as well as some studies by some rather self absorbed Royals from Kivian City. I also have a slight problem with anger issues, tough its rather selective on what I get angry about. And to be honest, you are the first seer I've actually met, though I know where several are through my Aura search."

Raven had to fight back a smirk at this. She hadn't realize this was the hour to tell your entire life story. Well was this kid in for the sob story of the century if he wanted to hear her background. However, before Raven even had the chance to introduce herself, the Quilava continued.

He began to spell out his plan against the Abyssal forces. This Theo character gave a little bit of background as to why he wanted to actually do this plan. He wanted to rescue a "friend". Friend, yeah right. Raven could tell by the way Theo was fingering that thunderstone shard that this "Via" was more than just a friend. However, Raven would not deny that finding out she was not the only one missing someone close. It brought some comfort to the Mightyena, but Raven had little time to relish in it.

"You don't have to help me. If you feel that this is not the task for you, then I will go and seek out another seer. Though your personal set of skills would be ideal for this kind of mission."

Raven paused, considering this offer. She had to admit, it was not very well thought out and completely insane. However, it was crazy enough that it just might work. Raven felt her charm, cool against her fur. This Theo had come to her for help, and Raven would not disagree that her skill set was made for this mission. However, a mission, no matter who for or what purpose, could not be done for free. Raven required a price.

Raven cast a slow glance around the area. Of the three guards she had spotted earlier, one was no longer where he had been before, one was in the same location, and the third had moved several feet closer. Raven's ears tilted back a little in distress. This was becoming riskier by the second and she couldn't afford to dawdle much longer. Her reputation would be destroyed if she was caught, especially under these circumstances. The situation was now escalating from calm to dire.

"You are correct, such a mission is clearly fit for my skill set. However, you of such high heritage may or may not realize that those of us from lower standings do not work for free. I will expect some form of payment after we have finished this mission. We can discuss this more, if you agree, in a more secure location. Our current spot is quickly becoming compromised as we discuss this matter. For, in case you have failed to notice, there are three guards in the area. One is currently drawing nearer to us with each second." Raven tilted her head towards him just barely for emphasis. "And if I get caught, then I cannot do the job you wish for me to do now can I?"

Raven did another sweep of the area and, for a brief second, caught the gaze of the gravitating guard. The fact that he looked in another direction almost instantly cemented his guilt in Raven's mind. This man was not to be trusted; he was most definitely a guard. Raven felt something click in the back of her mind and she grimaced a little as her senses seemed to expand. She was suddenly able to pick up that the guard that had disappeared before we about to grab Theo from behind if they did not move soon. Was this her true power? Was this the power of a seer?

Raven gazed behind Theo and, sure as her vision had said, the one guard that Raven had not been able to find was slowly approaching Theo from behind. Raven bared her teeth a little and began to whisper in a rushed voice, not wishing to expose to the guard that she knew his next move but also wishing to remove her next potential employer from any form of danger. This guard counted as a form of danger.

"Theo, I suggest you decide quickly, as there is an individual behind you that wishes to bring you harm. If you value both our lives and your mission, you will agree, and then duck. Understood?"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Theo Myrsky
    Scarwell, Azmarax

As Theo had been talking, he got the distinct feeling that he was talking too fast and saying too much. People had always said he had this problem and it annoyed him deeply when he noticed it. To late now though, what was said was said. The mightyena seemed to consider his words for a moment before replying.

"You are correct, such a mission is clearly fit for my skill set. However, you of such high heritage may or may not realize that those of us from lower standings do not work for free. I will expect some form of payment after we have finished this mission."

This annoyed Theo slightly. Of course she would want payment, he wasn't that clueless. It did cause him some worry however. This kind of insane mission would require the kind of payment only a king could give. Despite what she might think, he wasn't from a very high heritage, he had just been payed attention too because of his seer powers. He had brought a good sum of gold from home, but it probably wasn't quite enough for a mission of this caliber. He would need to find some other way for payment beside the gold.

"We can discuss this more, if you agree, in a more secure location." The dark type continued, "Our current spot is quickly becoming compromised as we discuss this matter. For, in case you have failed to notice, there are three guards in the area. One is currently drawing nearer to us with each second. And if I get caught, then I cannot do the job you wish for me to do now can I?"

Theo mentally cursed. He had been paying too much attention to what was being said and hadn't bothered to watch his surroundings. A rookie mistake that could've cost him a lot. He did kind of find it ironic that he was doing more fighting with local police forces than with actual target, which was the abyssal Pokemon. Before he could think of anywhere they could move to to continue their talk, the Mightyena started talking in a hurried whisper.

"Theo, I suggest you decide quickly, as there is an individual behind you that wishes to bring you harm. If you value both our lives and your mission, you will agree, and then duck. Understood?"

He personally thought that now he knew about the guard it didn't matter that he was sneaking up behind him, but this was a good opportunity to watch her fighting skills in action. He nodded twice at her, then gave a mischievous smile.

"Ready. Set. Go."

He dove off the crate and spun around on the ground, ready to watch the show.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

"Ready. Set. Go."

That was the only cue Raven needed to get into attack mode. The fur on her back bristled high as Theo dove from his perch on the crate. The guard behind him, a Monferno, was startled by the movement. Raven took immediate advantage of this moment of hesitation in her opponent.

Quick as a bullet, Raven shot from her position and pounced onto her opponent. Her fangs glowed a sickly purple as she sank them into the Monferno's shoulder. Then, like a ghost, she vanished into the shadows after having dealt the blow. The Monferno lay on the ground, the poison from Raven's fangs disorienting him. He started to sit up, about to call to the other two guards for help, when Raven swept in again.

This time she came from the shadows behind the Monferno. Raven dashed forward as a blur and smashed the Monferno into a nearby walk. She melted into the shadows again, but the Monferno caught onto her tactic. He shot flame bursts to illuminate the shadows. Raven yelped and shot out of her hiding spot. Her tail, however, was now a silvery color. She growled and charged the Monferno. They clashed, iron tail against Mach punch. Raven, however won out.

The Monferno stumbled back and collapsed. Raven, still growling, placed a paw on his throat and looked up at Theo. It was then she noticed the two other guards advancing on him. Raven kicked the Monferno aside and attacked the two magmars.

The first one was a bit tougher than Raven expected. Then again, it was a two on one fight. She resumed the same tactic as before, striking with a poison fang before ducking into the shadows. The weakened magmar, however, would not fall for the same tactics as his partner. He shot a ball of light into the air, the sun not beating down much harshly than before. Any shadows were now eliminated. However, Raven had disappeared.

She attacked from behind again, striking both the remaining officers with her shining tail. The weakened one when down without a fight but the second officer refused to go down. Raven's shimmering coat was struck with a fist of flames. Raven stumbled back, her eyes narrowing in anger. She glanced to her side and quickly rolled out of the way of a flamethrower, smothering any sparks on her coat at the same time.

Raven charged again and slammed straight into the officer, tackling him to a wall. Paws holding him there, she growled in his ear and then bit his shoulder. The guard slumped down. Raven walked back over to Theo while scanning her surroundings. She bowed to him and smiled.

"Am I worthy of your consideration now?"
    / / / / / / / /

(OOC: I know there are more than two of us in the RP, are people too busy to post? If you are, I'm ok with waiting until you can jump back in.)

Theo Myrsky
    Scarwell, Azmarax

The mightyena shot straight for the monferno with blinding speed and attacked. As Theo watched, he was intrigued by her style of fighting. Her tactics put her extreme agility to high use, and to quite a good effect. He himself had usually focused on power, though of course he made sure not to be particularly slow.

Once the mightyena had finished with the guard she turned back toward Theo, though the expresion on her face told him the fight wasn't over yet. Someone was sneaking up on him from behind. AGAIN. He was seriously annoyed that he had fallen for the same thing again, especially after reminding himself to check his surroundings more often. Spinning around with a nice healthy crush claw to meet the new foes, he discovered two more magmar guards coming up the alley toward him. Before he could start his attack however, the Mightyena had already shot last him and sank her fangs into one of the magmars.

In some surprise, Theo let his crush claw fade and went back to watching the fight, though not before scanning behind him for more guards or other Pokemon. The mightyena continued her previous tactic of attacking and disappearing into the shadows. It seemed to work until one of the magmars lit up the area, erasing any shadows. And yet the mightyena had still managed to disappear from the guards by using their blind spot. She really was good at concealing herself, even if there was no real hiding spots to use. Once she had finished taking down the guards, she walked back over to Theo, giving a mock bow and saying:

"Am I worthy of your consideration now?"

Theo had to laugh, it was too good.

"You're the fastest and most agile Pokemon I have ever met, I would definitely consider you, even if you weren't a seer." He replied, humoring her question. "Though the consideration, as you said, would probably best be continued in a safer location. I will refer to you, as you're more likely to know the best places in this city to avoid being found by the Police."

He went back to his crate and sat down. Remembering to check this time, he searched the main streets outside the alley for more guards. The closest to be found were moving away from them, so the coast was clear, which relieved him. He didn't like the idea of becoming a known wanted criminal before he could talk to any other seers.

"The only guards in the vicinity are currently moving away from us, so we should hopefully be good. Once we get their we can continue our talk, I'd like to know a little more about who you are, as well as talking prices and plans."

Theo stood up, ready to follow the seer to where ever she planned to go.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Raven's ears perked a little as Theo laughed. She had pleased him. Very well. A pleased client was better for business, and she'd need him to be pleased if she was going to ask such a large sum of this Quilava. Raven wouldn't admit it out loud, but she was still wary of this man. Sure, he was a seer, but Raven never truly trusted anyone until they proved themselves. Even so, this may be her only option for the reward she sought.

You're the fastest and most agile Pokemon I have ever met, I would definitely consider you, even if you weren't a seer." He replied, humoring her question. "Though the consideration, as you said, would probably best be continued in a safer location. I will refer to you, as you're more likely to know the best places in this city to avoid being found by the Police."

Raven scanned her surroundings quickly as Theo made a move back towards the crate. They seemed to both have had the same idea. They'd need to move quickly and without detection if they were to discuss this further. Plus, Theo didn't seem like the thieving type, and Raven felt it only fair to help keep him that way, even if it only blackened her own record. Raven didn't have much to lose by a blemished record anyway.

"The only guards in the vicinity are currently moving away from us, so we should hopefully be good. Once we get their we can continue our talk, I'd like to know a little more about who you are, as well as talking prices and plans."

Raven shook out of her thoughts as Theo spoke up. She tuned into his words and nodded slowly. Yes, she knew the perfect place, but they would have to be very careful as they approached it. It occurred to Raven that Theo could not melt into the shadows as she did. This meant that the likelihood of being caught versus remaining undetected had just skyrocketed, not to mention the time it would take to reach the desired destination.

"Well, we will be heading to my office, if you do not mind," Raven answered. She scanned the area, picking out the best route to take before picking the alleyway with more shadows than light. Stepping over the unconscious Monferno, Raven halfway melted into the shadows, the other half of her body still visible to Theo. "I will try to remain visible to you, but for both our safeties I may randomly disappear into the shadows. If this happens, do not panic, just listen for my feet. You can still hear me even if cannot see me," she explained before leading Theo down the alleyway.

They were heading towards the outskirts of the city, where more of the criminal types, drunkards, and homeless lived. For the most part, the Pokemon that would normally try to pickpocket the occasional goody-two shoes that wandered through this area stayed away from Theo when they noticed who his escort was. In fact, a few even tipped their heads to him, acknowledging that he was in good paws.
    / / / / / / / /

Theo Mysrky
    Scarwell, Azmarax

"Well, we will be heading to my office, if you do not mind."

Theo didn't really mind, as long as he didn't have to deal with any more guards. They had a knack of showing up when you don't want them too. He followed the Mightyena as she started down the alley, making for another alley connecting to the first. The place was full of shadows, something Theo figured he was going to need to get used to if he wanted to work with her.

"I will try to remain visible to you, but for both our safeties I may randomly disappear into the shadows. If this happens, do not panic, just listen for my feet. You can still hear me even if cannot see me." She told him as she partially vanished into the dark patches of the alley.

"You don't need to worry about it too much," he replied, "I'm going to stay in Aura sight as we walk, so as to avoid any unwanted dealings. As long as you don't hide your aura, I will be fine."

Theo did as he had said, entering his sight into aura search as he walked. This time he focused on all Pokemon auras rather than just the seer ones. He did try to keep the usage at a minimal, as he did not feel comfortable with his eyes glowing as they walked past other Pokemon. They still glowed, but faintly.

They seemed to be walking into the lower part of towns, the kind of place where the Kivian City nobles would call the slums. He watched the other Pokemon carefully here, sure that a good number of them would happily try and take his money, which he kept in a bag he had brought from Emerald Coast. For the most part however, they seemed to be avoiding him, some of them were even giving him a sign of respect. He could figure out why this was, as he knew he was the ideal target for these kinds of criminals.

He figured it out soon enough though. At one point, when his guide had vanished into the shadows, a young snivy started to approach him. The snivy stopped suddenly when the mightyena reappeared, giving the two of them a frightened look and hurrying away. Clearly this seer was a well known and respected thief, if even other thieves did not mess with her and her clients. He wondered briefly if he should exploit this and be as goody-two-shoes and an easy target as he could be. He decided against it, which was probably for the best anyway.

Eventually they started getting into areas where the other Pokemon only watched hidden from the shadows, or were too busy sharpening weapons to notice them. It gave Theo the distinct feeling that he should not be there, but reason told him that if this seer, who was a well known and very skilled thief, was going to have an "Office," it would be here. it also occurred to Theo that this seer might not be the only one at the "Office," she cold easily have other criminals that she dealt with, or even other clients. She seemed more like a person who worked alone, but you could never truly be sure.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Raven's Office, Scarwell, Azmarax

Mentally, Raven groaned a little at Theo's aura comment. He probably didn't realize that she had little experience controlling her seer powers. Nevertheless, she would neither correct him nor inform him of the truth. The less your potential employer knew of her weaknesses, the better for her own reputation and safety.

As the reached probably the most dangerous part of town, Raven began to scan her surroundings. This is where the criminals didn't care who you were, they would still attack. One had to be careful of that. Just then, a murkrow cawed above Raven and Theo, then soured down to them. It landed in front of Raven and cocked its head at her.

"Karan."

"Corvus." They addressed one another in formal tones. The murkrow nodded his head back towards the part of town where he had come from. "Boss wants to see you."

"Tell him I'm coming, and get someone to prep my office. I've got a client coming." The murkrow strained his neck a little to see Theo before smiling a little.

"As you wish." He bowed and then straightened to take off into the air. His little wings beat hard, generating a minuscule cloud of dust as he shot into the air and then down the alleyway Raven and Theo were traveling.

Raven glanced back to make sure Theo was still behind her before continuing on. She moved out into more light now, the odds of a guard showing up as small as they could get. She knew it to be not much further, but a distance that would usually take seconds would take much longer with her escorting the client to the place.

"It's not much further," Raven mumbled after a moment of silence.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Kaxo Sychal the Lopunny
    The Hole Tavern, Scarwell, Azmarax
    Affected RPers: @Death's Spook

Cloak wasn't too crazy about heading right into Jansen, as much as he wanted to turn Undax into rejected lunch meat. I wasn't sure how exactly he wanted to handle this, but I was hoping it wouldn't be anything pansy-like. Still, for the wealth he just slapped in my paws, I figured I could tolerate doing things his way, even if it meant slapping on goddamn tutus and clown noses.

As he took a moment to think things over, I got poked by Bretner the Furret, like he had some kind of death wish or something.

"Uh... Kaxo...?" He asked.

"First of all," I told him, swatting his paw away like it was a Serviper trying to take a hunk out of my shoulder, "don't ever touch me. I'm only taking you along because you owe me."

"Oh... ok," The sheepish Furret replied, backing away into a bashful ball. "Look, uh... could you explain what's going on? You know, Lude and I are kind of wondering. We don't know who... that guy is either."

What damn difference did it make? What, they were afraid of Cloak just because he didn't want to expose himself?

In any case, I kept thinking about these gems Cloak gave to me. Either he needed help really bad, or he was thinking the world was screwed anyway and holding onto things of value was pointless. Maybe yes, maybe not. Didn't matter, it felt nice having them. Someone was going to exchange quite a bit of cash over for them, and that's all that mattered.

<Definitely not Jansen.> Cloak telepathically told me again. <We need to go to Oasis. We will find more allies there, and I know of one person with a very fast and reliable vessel.>

<Suit yourself,> I told him, casually giving him reign over the decisions here.

"So... uh..." Bretner goes on again, wondering how we were communicating just by looking at each other. "Are you gonna talk about what's going on? Or tell us about it?"

Cloak just laughed. I had to admit, seeing Bretner just dazed and confused was funny. If the furbrain Furret was good for anything, having him around was definitely effective at making the rest of us look like geniuses. I decided to let Cloak lead the way. He was the client, so I figured with what he was paying me with, we could do things his way.

We arrived at a familiar airship hangar. Not the cleanest of places, but then again, in an age like this, not to many Pokémon really gave a Ratata's ass. That was when we ran into Captain Demos. I didn't know how Cloak knew this snake, but I was only slightly familiar with the guy. In truth, I only had him as a client once, and after that, I left town when most of the better prospects dried up.

"Oasis," Cloak told Demos. "We leave in ten minutes."

"Thought you were dead," Captain Demos the Serperior laughed, arching back his frilly serpent body.

"Greatly exaggerated," Cloak replied. "Though that was rather the point of the exercise. I expect discretion."

"Discretion costs money," Demos spat, getting right to the point.

Cloak stuffed a few extra coins into Demos's satchel. I just nodded, knowing this was just how intelligent people do business. I figured Lude and Bretner could learn something from this guy, but instead, they were distracted with some other crap.

I wasn't really paying attention, and then Lude suddenly complains to Cloak.

"Cloaked person?" Lude asked, looking bashful again like he never had his balls drop. "I-it feels like I'm moving through syrup all of a sudden."

What in crap's name was he whining about now? I swore, at this point, I was really beginning to question if...

And then I felt like I was sick. I swore, it was like it was suddenly worse than the time I tried those Blowout drugs and spent the next three days wondering why any Pokémon with just a morsel of a brain would enjoy that crap.

"Hate to say this, but Whiny has a point," Demos told everyone else. "It feels a lot harder to move all of a sudden."

"Let's just... get the hell out of here," I told him, not sure what the hell was doing this.

I wasn't sure what was the cause of it, but whatever it was, it was migraine-inducing. Instinctively, I just tried to make distance. Something was affecting the general area and the smartest move would be simply to get my bunny ass out of it. And it was a slow crawl. I could try sprinting and it didn't help a damn thing.

"TRICK ROOM!" Cloak shouted.

That's what this assclown antic was? I swore, whoever was doing this was going to get their ballsack ripped off and worn as a bow-tie. Still, as Cloak was fighting whoever was causing the havoc, I realized Cloak was having a hell of an easier time fighting in this crapshow than any of the rest of us were. I just decided to grab the two furry fleshbags known as Lude and Bretner and head for the airship.

“HeLLo cApTAin. DId yOu MiSs mE?”

Damn, I turned for just a moment and that warped and deranged Jellicent was barely recognizable as a Pokémon. As if a Jellicent wasn't already ungodly enough, what was once a puffy pink jellyfish had become a deranged, blackened and warped abomination from the lowest cesspool of the Abyss. Demos tried throwing a Leaf Storm in her face, but she warped herself away. Seeing that, he came up empty-handed for any additional combat quick fixes.

"She's a Defiler!" he shouted. "Get to the ship!"

"Oh god, oh god, oh god!!!" Bretner whines. "Please, don't kill me, pleeeeaasseeee! I'm too young to die!"

I simply drag his ass onto the airship, which is thankfully out of range of the Trick Room. Meanwhile, Lude is quivering all over the place, looking like he badly had to go to the restroom before he shat himself.

As much as I wanted to take a throwing knife and bury it in that bitch Jellicent's head, trying to fight a Defiler was like a trying to take on a serial killer Zoroark with nothing but a god-forsaken lollipop. We didn't have the bigger guns we needed and I sure as hell didn't want to screw around with a Pokémon that had already deployed the perfect setup to make the rest of us fight like ass.

"These are your henchmen!?" Demos exclaims at me. "I've seen babies fight better than these two!"

"These asshats owe me money, that's the only reason I'm dragging them along!" I told him, making it damn clear there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'd ever hire these two as my own personal goons.

"They'll sooner get you killed than pay that back!" Demos argued.

That was probably true considering what I had to do on several occasions already. As Demos tried to get the airship going, I knew Cloak couldn't fight a Defiler alone, but the rest of us were next to useless within Trick Room surroundings. While he fought on, Demos made an opportunity to get the airship started.

"Come on, Cloak, get your butt on the ship and let's go!" I shouted to him, knowing we needed to bail out of here now.

"PLEASE!" Lude whined. "I'm... I'M SCARED!"

I swore, at the first opportunity, I was getting rid of these two brainless dirtbags and figuring emotional trauma was probably enough damage to them to not going running to everyone that I gave them free service. Because if anyone looked at their quivering, trembling, and on-the-verge-of-pissing-themselves composure, they'd know it was not a good idea and not paying up when cash is due means getting your soul ruined from the things you'll see.

I decided to launch a throwing knife at the Jellicent. I knew there was no chance of it hitting her, but it would force her to warp if she didn't want her defiled brain to have a wedge of sharpened steel in her head for company. It would in turn would give Cloak the chance to break away from the fight and get on the ship while she had to dodge the knife.

Theo Myrsky
    Scarwell, Azmarax

They hadn't been walking long in this darkest of areas when the two of them were confronted. A murkrow came flying down from aboce, landing in front of Theo's guide.

"Karan" It said, addressing the mightyena.

"Corvus" She replied in a formal tone.

"Boss wants to see you"

"Tell him I'm coming, and have someone prep my office. I've got a client coming."

The Murkrow looked over Theo for a moment, Theo just nodded at him silently.

"As you wish."

And that was it. The Murkrow flew off again and they continued walking. The exchange had created a lot of questions in Theos head though, and answered only a few. Who was Boss? Who was this Corvus? Who else did this seer work with? Apparently her name was Karan, but by the formality of the exchange it might be a last name, could go either way. And what, especially, was this office of hers? As they walked, Theo contemplated which question to ask or even whether or not to ask Karan, as he would call her until he found out what she preferred to be called, any of the questions at all.

After some time of silent walking, Karan spoke in a mumble: "It's not much farther."

The phrase seemed to be more to break the silence than too really give him information, which probably had something to do with the encounter with Corvus they'd just had. Theo was about to respond when he felt a small sting and an odd pressure on his sense. This was bad, he knew this feeling, it was the feeling he had had when the abyssal pilots had come near him.

Something wasn't right however. When the pilots had come near there hadn't been any painful sting and this pressure felt slightly different, it had a more evil feel to it. The pilots had felt corrupted, but this felt monstrously more evil. He needed to find out what was causing it and where it was.

"Wait" Theo said, stopping his walk. He put his paw up to his eyes, pretending to rub something out of them to hide the sudden glow as his Aura search intensified. As he increased the power of his search, the stinging grew worse, as if he was exposing himself to some sort of sharp blade. Theo looked quickly over the city, trying to guess which direction he could feel the pressure coming from. Then he noticed something odd in the direction of what appeared to be the Scarwell airport. Three prominent Auras were gathered there. Two of them were seers, and the third was something horrible, something that seemed to be more of an Anti-Aura than anything. If Auras were living creatures, this Thing would eat normal auras for breakfast.

Theo could not watch the void like Aura for long however, as looking at it caused the stinging pain in his head to reach a head splitting pitch. So much so, that after a second or two of looking at the three Auras, Theo couldn't help but wince painfully and put his paw back down to balance himself. After which he quickly ended his aura sight, mainly to stop the pain as well as to stop his eyes from visibly glowing.

"Alright, Let's keep going then." Theo said, trying to keep his voice steady. The sight of such an anti-life Aura left him somewhat shaken, though he had no doubt what had been causing it. A defiler, one of those horrible Abyssal creations that had never truly breathed a breath of life. Judging by the presence of the two seers, they had probably been ambushed by it and were now attempting to combat it. They would need to exceptionally skillful to win though, even if it was two on one.

He needed to discuss this with Karan. Another thing to include in their talk at her office. He felt he should make a comment however, at least to explain why he had stopped. He had tried, on several occasions, to talk to other Pokemon telepathically, though he still preferred regular speech. Right now though, in this unfriendly environment, he didn't like talking about anything seer related.

So as he walked, he focused and sent a silent message to his seer guide: <"There is a Defiler attacking two seers by the airport. They were most likely ambushed, so there may be abyssal Pokemon lying in wait for one of us at some point or another.">

Once he had said this, he continued his walk silently. Hoping that the office really wasn't much further.

VPP