Theo Myrsky the Quilava
Air over the Middle Sea, Edge of Scarwell
ARP'ers: None

The Airport of Emerald Coast was not a sight, no matter how sore the eyes. The once grand and beautiful airport lay in almost complete silence as the few tourists that dared to travel scurried quickly and in pacts from one spot to another. It made Theo sad, the airport had once been the place to be for the younger generation in Emerald Coast. The large complex had housed many restaurants and shops as well as maintained a beautiful little park for people who had to wait for delayed planes. Now however, the place was nearly deserted. Parents no longer wanted their children to leave their side, and the normally humongous numbers of tourists were afraid to be caught up in the Abyssal forces' spread.

The thing that Theo was glad to see however, was an old friend who was sitting on one of the benches in the small park. Theo hadn't actually known him for more than a few years, but he was in fact nearly 90 years old. Theo walked up to the bench and looked down at the snoring Shiftry, a bottle of wine held loosely in his limp fingers. He always did have a fondness for wine, though he didn't care for any other form of alcohol.

"Hanz! Wake up you old fart." The old Pokemon stirred and looked up blearily at him.

"Eh? what'ya want now? Can't an old Pokemon get some rest around here?" Hanz shook his head and rubbed at his somewhat bloodshot eyes. "Oh it's you again Myrsky. What'ya need from me this time?"

"I was hoping to be able to use your ship to fly somewhere?"

"What'ya mean fly somewhere? the whirlwind and Imyself are retired. Leave an old Pokemon alone."

"That doesn't stop you from flying her around the skies every thursday. Come on, your old plane's got plenty of juice in her."

"Aye, that she does, never fails me she does, but what you going somewhere for? Emerald Coast is plenty a nice place."

"I have some important work to do Hanz, I just need to get to where I'm going, which is rather far away."

"That right? Where you going then Myrsky?"

" I need to get to Scarwell, There's someone I need to meet there." Theo had thought about it as he had walked through the city toward the airport. Scarwell had the greatest concentration of seer aura, so it was perfect hunting ground for potential helpers.

"You know that's no easy flight myrsky. All the way across Middle sea Scarwell is, plus you got all them Abyssal pokemon to worry about."

"Its only one trip, but if you can't handle it I'm sure I could find someone else to help me."

Hanz mulled it over for a bit before asking: "You gonna give me anything for doing this favor?"

In response Theo handed him a small bag, containing exactly 10 gold pieces: the price of two airplane tickets. Hanz nodded as he counted the coins, biting one every now and then to see if it was fake. Eventually he put the bag in his pocket and motioned for Theo to follow. He led him to the back of the airport, where a small hanger stood. Inside sat a small, but rather glorious looking airplane. It was a two seated streamline racing plane with The Whirlwind printed in large curly letter on its side. As it was a racing plane, it had no weapons. Such things were too heavy and were banned in the sport anyway.

"Go on, get in. I need to prep a few things with tower control."

Apparently prepping "a few things with tower control" meant going to the front of the hanger and Morse code flashing them with a hand mirror. Hanz came back quickly, and with a maniacal grin on his face.

"Alright then, lets get this show on the road! Tank is full! To Scarwell or bust!"

With that, he revved up the engine and we shot out of the hanger. Taking a quick turn onto a runway, the plane began to pick up speed. It was extremely fast, and shaky. Clearly the plane had seen many years of use, judging by how much it squeaked and shook as we neared the end of the runway. I hope Hanz was right about this thing still being in good enough condition to fly to Scarwell Theo thought as he held tight to his seat. Then the front wheels rose off the ground, quickly followed the rear pair. The change was amazing, the shaking stopped nearly instantly and the plane rose with even greater speed into the air, as smooth and easy as taking candy from a baby.

Once Theo had gotten over his surprise at the sudden quality of flight, he sat back in his chair. It was going to be a long trip and he might as well get some sleep. Just as he closed his eyes to rest however, he felt his mentality shift. Opening them quickly he now saw the world from high above the sea, apparently floating in the air without any form of suspension. As he looked around he saw a plane come flying out of a cloud, burning in flames and on a crash course with the water below. Looking closely, Theo recognized the curly, silvery The Whirlwind written on the side of the falling plane. Just as he read the words, six planes, all of them blackened and piloted by a terrible pokemon of the abyss, came flying out of the cloud as well, firing their guns nonstop at the aircraft before them. Theo looked down and suddenly he was in the destroyed plane, trying to wake a bloody Hanz as the plane crashed nose first into the cold depths of the sea.

Theo woke in a cold sweat. It had been several hours since he had first fallen into his vision, and they were now far over the Middle Sea. In fact, Theo could even see the distant outlines of land on the horizon. They had nearly finished their journey, though Theo knew that if they stayed on their curent course, they would never finish it.

"Hanz! We need to change course! Fly south! South!"

"Aye we almost there Myrsky, don't you worry! This beauty isn't giving out any time soon."

"No! if we keep going-' but it was too late. A horrible presence descended on Theo's senses as six planes appeared out of the clouds.

The blackened metal of the planes seemed to emanate an evil aura just as much as the abyssal monstrosities that flew them. The planes moved faster than Theo could've thought possible, but they quickly arranged themselves in a pattern around The Whirlwind. Positioned directly to the top, bottom, back, front, and either side of the plane, they had the plane completely surrounded. Theo however, was prepared for this, and he quickly climbed out of his seat and opened the passenger door.

"I'm going to give you an opening! Take it as soon as you can Hanz!"

Without waiting for a reply, Theo stepped out into open air. In the second of time he had before the plane him turned him into minced meat, Theo curled into a tight ball, whispering an incantation as he said it. A sphere of electric blue flame surrounded him: cleansing fire. Normally Theo would've simply used his own fire, but he wasn't going to take any chances against those cursed planes. Then the second was over, and Theo smashed head first into the approaching plane, tearing through it like a living meteor. The cursed plane and its now unconscious pilot fell into the sea.

Immediately The Whirlwind's brake flaps opened up and the plane shot backward through the air that was now free of abyssal planes. Grabbing hold of a wing as it passed, Theo pulled himself back into the plane as it shot downward and below the enemy aircrafts. As the abyssal planes grouped together to follow them, Theo shot more cleansing fire at their direction, which stopped them from following as Hanz pushed the engines to maximum power.

It did not however, stop the planes from firing their guns at the escaping ship. Theo heard the bullets shredding the wings and engines of The whirlwind as they flew. Then they began to fall. The abyssal planes, which were now too far away to even shoot at them, disappeared back into the clouds. Theo watched as the surface of the water came ever closer. Then it changed, they were now hurtling toward a blackened beach! The surprise that they had made it to the land registered in Theo's mind only seconds before the plane crashed to the ground. Theo was thrown out of the plane, landing hard on the ground about a hundred feet away from the crash sight.

The last thing he saw before blacking out was the outlines of several tall buildings looming over him. They had made it to Scarwell.