Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So then, episode 0.5? XD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    So then, episode 0.5? XD
    I call it Episode 0 Part I. I see a trilogy coming! :3
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Time to bring this back from da grave.

Long story short :
    ♤ reformatted my laptop
    ♤ lost Caite-chan's interview
    ♤ started anew
    ♤ Caite is gona kill me

Got some new people booked for this thingy, so expect the first three (2 people and one (???)) interviews up by this week latest...

Current Spotlight:
    Winter

[Profile Link]

Welcome all to Week #1 of PxR's Member Spotlight! Tonight, we've got a very special guest on the show, and it's none other than Winter!

- Who is this Winter?
    - Have I heard of this name before?
    - Where does she prowl around the forums?
    - What does she do?
    - Why am I here?

Well folks, I've had the same questions like you all for quite some while now. So I went down and had a little chat with our resident Moderator. And her spotlight is now complete!

The Spotlight
    Spoiler:

=====

Trainer17: Welcome to the show Winter-san! I shall be your host for tonight, aka Sam aka the Anime Freak aka Idea Enthusiast; But enough about me, let's start with a short intro of you, shall we?

Winter: Ah, so hi there, folks! I'm Winter, one of PXR's Trade and RP Mods. I'm currently a college student, as well as a gamer, artist, writer, reader...pretty much, if it's creative, odds are in favor of me being a fan.

Trainer17: Oooh, that's quite hefty...Is it possible to juggle them all with your studies in the way? What are you majoring in?

Winter: Lol, I am notoriously bad at time management. I'm a game design major, so my homework gives me some room to work with some of my interests, but really, I tend to shift between whatever interests me most at a given time. New book out? Excuse me while I lose sleep reading it. Drawing? Let me doodle in my notebook during lecture. Inspiration strikes? Let's write. More than one story at a time. That I will never finish. Games? Every spare moment I have access to them.

~

Trainer17: Game Design Major?! Well, that suits just nicely with most of your interests xD Most of us or just myself, didn't exactly got what we wanted lol but it’s wonderful to know you're somehow managing it out, even if you had to lose some sleep…pfft who needs sleep?!

Winter: Lol. I technically need sleep, but the excitement of "BOOKS" typically trumps that. RPs will also do that sometimes. Hello Lunar Chronicles until 4am.

~

Trainer17: We’re going to take a short break from reality now. Let’s move on to the big bang theory. How did you get into this majestic franchise known as 'Poketu Monstah’? How did all begin for you?

Winter: Oh my god. You did not just say that. I actually got into things a bit late. I loved the show as a kid (and apparently I went through a stage where I talked like Pikachu and nothing else? But what sticks with me are memories of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and Fire Red.

~

Trainer17: I think most of us went through that Pikachu Syndrome…Oh, and adding on, both of those games, are quite different from each other in ... a lot of aspects. Were they both your first games?

Winter: It's funny, because now Pikachu drives me nuts. Particularly Ash's.

Trainer17: There are more Pokémon out there that drives me nuts than that critter, if you ask me.

Trainer17: Were they both your first games?

Winter: Yup! My sister and I got the Gamecube and our Gameboy Advances in the same year, for Christmas. Technically XD came first, but Fire Red is the one I beat first because of...certain circumstances. Lol, I just got sick of all the Pikachu only merch. Fire Red also likely sticks out more because I can still tell people how I named my first two Pokemon.

~

Trainer17: Two Pokemon..? Interesting...What were they, if I may ask?

Winter: So my first starter was a female Squirtle. XD It was funny because I had all these awesome names in mind...for a male. And so when I saw the female symbol, I was just like "...Oh crap." Luckily, my younger siblings were watching TV at the time. Lo and behold, what was on? Avatar the Last Airbender. They were still watching TV when I caught my Pikachu. Somehow, my little brother managed to convince mom that Naruto was okay...which is weird because he might have been...gosh, 5-6 at the time? So then I ended up with Sasuke the Pikachu. I had to nickname everything. I still have Katara the Blastoise. She resides in my copy of X.

~

Trainer17: Katara and Sasuke
    Winter: Yup

Trainer17: Katsuke <3
    Winter: No

~

Trainer17: Do you have a lot of friends or folks in real life who play Pokémon as well?

Winter: Oh gosh. So I mentioned I go to school for game design, right? Most of the people I go to school with are competitive addicts. I don't hate them. Just don't get it myself. But yeah, ORAS launch week...the student lounge was filled with 3DSes and lots of them were asking for FCs. It was great!

Trainer17: Well, I mostly get jerks or jocks as friends :(

Winter: I live in the Greater Sea of Nerds up here. XD

Trainer17: How did you come across the forums? Was it a form of self-discovery or were you brought/kidnapped by people here?

Winter: I was pulled over to PXR by Grassy and Sabi, I think--I've been around the community since PE2K, and when it started dying, I was told there was another forum in the works, and jumped on.

Trainer17: You, my friend, have made a great choice 8D So, tell me of your fondest memories of PxR if any; or if you wish, you could share memories from PE2K, the life before PxR.

Winter: It wasn't much of a choice, honestly. PE2K was my home from, like, middle school on. I grew up with the community, and when my family was forced to move house, I had to go, too. PE2K is easy--"You owe me a new cardigan." Which, I suppose warrants a little explaining, eh? Lol, so I have pretty much been an RP addict since I discovered RP. Most of my time and activity on PE2K was spent in the RP section (which actually taught me how to write better than most of my fellow classmates). There was one particular RP, though, Falcior. It was a Pokemon School RP, and it got crazy. This culminated into one glorious class scene in which the lead character accidentally caused a fantastic miniature explosion and fire, which my character ended up putting out...with her school cardigan. The whole RP was great, but that one set of interactions always comes to mind. I have a lot of memories in RP--kinda sad PE2K is no longer accessible, I just loved being able to read old RPs. Lots of hilarity ensued back then. And lots of progress too. I used to be so bad, and now I'm on par with my childhood idols. Heck, I'm good friends with some of those idols.

~

Trainer17: You have lots of passion for RPing don’t you?

Winter: I started RPing on PE2K when I was 13-14. XD

Trainer17: and I joined the forums when I was 17…late bloomer, I was //yoda

Winter: Haha, just saying--I literally learned how to write through PE2K's RP section. By watching people like Sabi and Metal Sonic and Grassy Aggron and Tombi. And it’s possible I didn't. Not sure how old you are, but I'll be 21 this -BEEP-.

~

Trainer17: Your PxR username; how did you go about choosing the name “winter”? Was it a direct choice, or is there any particular reasoning behind it?

Winter: Winter: That is a somewhat long and veeeeeery geeky story.

Winter: What it all comes down to is Bleach, and Ikkaku Madarame's zanpaku-to name. For a while, Shonen Jump had this thing about translating all the sword names at least once. The translation attached to his was "Winter Cherry". It stuck, Hugely. So I ended up going by that on PE2K, and over the years it ended up being shortened to just Winter. There was also another username before that--Riika-chan. I went from Riika-chan to Winter_Cherry to Winter.

~

Trainer17: Ah, I see. Well, moving on now, you've been around the forums for quite some years. Now that you're in PxR, who do you consider your closest friend or rival, or both?

Winter: Closest friend is definitely Sabi (aka Saraibre Ryu). I actually joked to her when I was given RP mod status that the higher ups had no idea what they'd done. We're pretty much partners in crime that feed off of each other's creativity at this point.

~

Trainer17: Yosh! Last question of the day before we move on to the…Rapid Fire Round. Are you READY?!
    Winter: Winter: K

^K!

~

Trainer17: Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?

Winter: Winter: Hopefully putting my college degree to use making game that I and other people will enjoy.

Trainer17: Make a pokemon game with all the regions with side quests, like in the anime how Ash takes forever to get a badge.

Winter: That would require me to work for Gamefreak, lol. And honestly, I'm a bit more interested in doing more original plots--I realized more recently that Once Upon a Storybook has the potential to be an awesome RPG plot.

=====

---

Rapid Fire Round

Spoiler:
    [2:23:52 AM] Trainer17: I will be now asking you pokemon related questions, just answer as fast as you can and I will be taking timing for the fun :P
    [2:24:52 AM] Trainer17: Name a Pokémon with no evolved form.
    [2:25:52 AM] Winter: Dun spare
    [2:25:58 AM] Winter: Dunsparce
    [2:26:02 AM] Trainer17: xD
    [2:26:07 AM] Winter: ***** you, Autocorrect

8 seconds

Spoiler:
    [2:28:20 AM] Trainer17: Name a Type that's super effective against Dragon.
    [2:28:41 AM] Winter: Fairy

7 seconds
    [2:28:41 AM] Winter: (And Dragon. And Ice.)

9 seconds

Spoiler:
    [2:30:10 AM] Trainer17: Name the 5th Gym Leader in Hoenn.
    [2:30:26 AM] Winter: ...Are you serious?
    [2:30:34 AM] Trainer17: Clock's ticking

[2:31:26 AM] Winter: Norman

1 minute 8 seconds

Spoiler:
    [2:37:47 AM] Trainer17: A Pokémon which can breed with others but NOT with its own kind/itself/etc.
    [2:38:22 AM] Winter: Ditto
    [2:38:28 AM] Trainer17: bingo

36.5 seconds

Spoiler:
    [2:39:24 AM] Trainer17: OKAY FINAL ONE…Ash's Starter Pokemon?
    [2:39:53 AM] Winter: Pikachu
    [2:40:04 AM] Winter: Because all the others were gone.

18.5 seconds

---

Winter-san's Role Play SUs:

In addition to her awesomeness of what she does, if you happen to visit the Role Play Forums, you guys can try out 2 of her RPs which are currently ongoing/active;

Where Myths Tread

Once Upon a Storybook

If you happen to have any questions on Role Play in general or any ideas for your own RP in the works, you can approach her @ here. Just drop her a PM/VM, she won't bite...I promise!

---

Winter-san's Artwork:

She can draw as well, and they're all super cute! Here are some of her works for ze pleasure of your eyes :3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

For more beautiful artwork by Winter-san, you can visit her DeviantArt here! Drop by and support her! <3

---

Final comments from Winter-san aka Gamer Chick:

Don't ever be scared to try something you're interested in--who knows, it could turn into a lifelong passion. Unless it's illegal… don't do illegal things, please.
    Last edited by Trainer17; 02-25-2016 at 06:50 AM.

NEXT TIME ON MEMBER SPOTLIGHT:
    Spoiler:
    [12:52:16 AM] Arrow-Jolteon: so how does this work? do I answer the questions from the interview and stuff?
    [12:53:42 AM] Trainer17: I will ask some questions basically, mostly related to you, and some Pokemon related questions and then we have the Rapid Fire Round which I will time you x3 just for the funz
    [12:54:19 AM] Arrow-Jolteon: it does sound pretty fun X3

---

[12:57:19 AM] Arrow-Jolteon: I like that most of them are Pokémon related; my Pokémon history is kind of a weird one
    [12:59:48 AM] Trainer17: XD I'd love to hear em all :3 We all have our own "POKETU MONSTAH" stories!

---

[1:00:36 AM] Arrow-Jolteon: Pokemon is what keeps us all together after all XD
    [1:00:49 AM] Trainer17: definitely true that <3
    [1:01:00 AM] Trainer17: but I still hate stunfisk
    [1:01:05 AM] Arrow-Jolteon: lol

Awesome interview! @Winter I didn't know you did game design! Awesome. :3

I loved this interview! Makes me want to get my show up and running again. xD It was a lot of fun to read. This was my favourite part:

Winter: Winter: Yup

Winter: Winter: No

XDDD Gold. I think it's s great that this is up and running again! And hahha, the Spongebob pictures were great. xD

PLEASE PUT ME ON THE WAITING LIST. <3 Pls. Thx.

AND YAAAAAAAY, ARROW-JOLTEON!

7. This post has been liked by:

@Suicune's Fire Really? Because I could swear I never shut up about it on Skype. But yeah, I'm a game design major...with only a year left. So excited!

Amd yeah...no combining names. That typically suggests shipping. And there will be No shipping the Blastoise amd Raichu.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    @Suicune's Fire Really? Because I could swear I never shut up about it on Skype. But yeah, I'm a game design major...with only a year left. So excited!

Amd yeah...no combining names. That typically suggests shipping. And there will be No shipping the Blastoise amd Raichu.
    I don't go on Skype that much, so I probably don't see it. xD I studied Game Design in 2014 and 2015! I miss my school so much. It was filled with awesome people. ;v;

Hahaha, I think that's what he was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Awesome interview! @Winter I didn't know you did game design! Awesome. :3

I loved this interview! Makes me want to get my show up and running again. xD It was a lot of fun to read. This was my favourite part:

Winter: Winter: Yup

Winter: Winter: No

XDDD Gold. I think it's s great that this is up and running again! And hahha, the Spongebob pictures were great. xD

PLEASE PUT ME ON THE WAITING LIST. <3 Pls. Thx.

AND YAAAAAAAY, ARROW-JOLTEON!
    Added thee on the list :3 AND THANK YOU for your lovely comments <3 and you should get your show up again! It was really fun and crazy back then 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post

Once I start my ship, there's no stopping! Welcome aboard T17's Shipping!

11. This post has been liked by:

This thread was so interesting to read.~

I don't mind being interviewed in the future but I'm pretty boring to interview xD;;