I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

[SUDS]Hogwarts Under Fire

Plot
    Seventeen years ago, the second wizarding war reached its epic climax with the death of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named at Hogwarts. The casualties of this war were tremendous, as was the damage, and Hogwarts closed its doors for the next two years to allow time to prepare and start afresh. Students who were still to complete their time at Hogwarts either chose to wait for Hogwarts to reopen, or attend one of the other wizarding schools.

On the 1st of September, 2001, Hogwarts reopened its doors, ready to teach young wizards and witches for the first time since the war ended. The sheer amount of new students and returning students from the two year closure was too much, causing a backlog of students waiting to begin and starting a year, sometimes two, late. It became the norm for first years to range from 11-13 and seventh years to be 17-19.

Though it has been nearly two decades since He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named’s death, his influence still lives on. The Brotherhood of the Dark Lord rose from the ashes. A religious cult, sticking to the ideologies of magical dominance over muggles, and restricting magical training to those of magical ancestry. The Ministry Of Magic and Auror Office try to stamp out this group, but whenever they make one triumph, they appear again somewhere else.

Though the general demographic of the Brotherhood do not act according to their belief, there are the odd few who will. Like any religious group, there will be extremists. The ones who will make their voice heard with violence. The extremists have two main targets. The Ministry, due to it being the political magic capital of Britain, and Hogwarts, due to their continuing to train Muggle-Born students. However in recent years, the attacks on Hogwarts have been becoming more and more common, and even though they are usually small and are easily taken care of by the staff and seventh year students, there is talk among the ministry of even closing down the school if they get any worse.

The last attack came with a warning. A threat. There are whispers of it among the students, though none of them know what exactly was said. The staff were sworn to secrecy, and the students who were around had their memory of it wiped. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named might be gone, but there is still danger at Hogwarts.

Rules
    -All PXR forum rules apply.
    -Swearing is allowed if properly censored (all but one letter as *)
    -No links to characters from the original story. So no, your character cannot be best friends with Harry’s son. They cannot even be mentioned. In this RP, the characters created by J.K Rowling will be like those students in the books that exist, but don’t do or say anything that make them worth mentioning.
    -Keep it PG at the worst.
    -No overpowered characters. Each character will be given an amount of skill points based on their age and grade, to be dispersed among subjects.
    -If you will be having a lot of back and forth conversation with another character, please have it via Private Message and have one person quote it all in a single message to save us all the annoyance of readying a million tiny posts.
    -If there is something very unique you would like for your character (For example, to have the Marauders Map), send me a message. I don’t bite, and would be willing to come up with something cool with you. The story is very bare bones right now. I can easily add more to it.
    -There can be staff characters, though they should be PMed to myself first. Staff roles cannot be reserved. It is a matter of whoever sends an approvable SU to me first gets it.
    -The Taboo Curse, which He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named used on his name during the second wizarding war, has been placed upon the incantations of the three unforgivable curses.

Skill Points-How do they work?
    Each character will be given a set of skill points based on their grade.
    1st Year: 10 Points
    2nd Year: 20 Points
    3rd Year: 35 Points
    4th Year: 50 Points
    5th Year: 65 Points
    6th Year: 80 Points
    7th Year: 95 Points
    Staff: 120 Points

First and Second years do all the core subjects:
    -Astronomy
    -Charms
    -Defence Against The Dark Arts
    -Herbology
    -History Of Magic
    -Potions
    -Transfiguration

Third Year and Higher Students will pick at least two elective subjects:
    -Arithmancy
    -Care of Magical Creatures
    -Divination
    -Muggle Studies
    -Study of Ancient Runes

Sixth and Seventh Year Students will pick a minimum of 5 N.E.W.T Subjects. In order to do a N.E.W.T Subject, a student must have at least nine skill points in a given subject. For example, I could have a sixth year with the following spread:
    Herbology: 10
    Potions: 10
    Charms: 10
    Transfiguration: 9
    Care of Magical Creatures: 11
    Astronomy: 7
    Muggle Studies: 8
    History Of Magic: 8
    Defense Against the Dark Arts: 7

Herbology, Potions, Charms, Transfiguration and Care Of Magical Creatures are N.E.W.T subjects, as they have a high enough skill score. The rest don’t however still retain those scores from previous years knowledge.

In order to do non-verbal magic, a skill score of at least 12 is required in the given subject. In order to do wandless magic, a skill score of at least 15 is required. I may occasionally award skill points for achievement or hard work. For example, if a character manages to fight off a dark wizard during an attack, they will receive a point in defence against the dark arts.

The Form
    Name:
    Year: (1-7 or staff)
    House:
    Blood status: Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle Born
    Subjects: (Core subjects for 1st and 2nd years, Core + 2 or more electives for 3rd, 4th and 5th years, 5 of more N.E.W.T Subjects for 6th and 7th years)
    Appearance:
    History:
    Personality:
    Notable Posessions:
    Skill Point Spread:
    Wand: (Length, wood and core)
    Pets: (If applicable)
    Positions: See below
    Abilities: (Animagus (5th year or above for registered, or Transfiguration score of 12 for unregistered), Metamorphmagus, lycnathropy etc)
    Other:

Senior Moderator

Character List
    None

Positions
    Staff
    -Headmaster:
    -Deputy Headmaster:
    -Head of Gryffindor:
    -Head of Hufflepuff:
    -Head of Ravenclaw:
    -Head of Slytherin
    -Astronomy Professor:
    -Charms Professor:
    -Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor:
    -Herbology Professor:
    -History of Magic Professor:
    -Potions Professor:
    -Transfiguration Professor:
    -Arithmancy Professor:
    -Care of Magical Creatures Professor:
    -Divination Professor:
    -Muggle Studies Professor:
    -Study of Ancient Runes Professor:
    -Caretaker:
    Griffindor
    -Head Boy:
    -Head Girl:
    -Prefects: (1 boy and girl from 5th, 6th and 7th year)
    -Chasers: (3)
    -Beaters: (2)
    -Keeper:
    -Seeker:
    Hufflepuff
    -Head Boy:
    -Head Girl:
    -Keeper:
    -Seeker:
    Ravenclaw
    -Head Boy:
    -Head Girl:
    -Keeper:
    -Seeker:
    Slytherin
    -Head Boy:
    -Head Girl:
    -Keeper:
    -Seeker:

Senior Moderator

Reserved.

Senior Moderator

Open.

To be honest, I think there may be too many Positions and most of them won't get filled. That said, the fact that I am an avid Harry potter fan means I have to join this RP. I'd like to reserve myself a spot as, if I can, the Ancient Runes professor.

VPP

Name:Marzilius Freewood gorvons, also known as Professor Gorvons

Year: staff

House: Ravenclaw (when he was a student)

Blood status: half blood

Subjects: Teaches Ancient Runes

Appearance: Marzilius is an elderly, wrinkled man who sits in a wheel chair. He doesn't wear glasses, as he;s had the good fortune to keep his eyesight, and his eyes are as bright and sharp as ever, they are also the color blue. His shiny, silver hair is well taken care of and not too long. His somewhat pointed chin combined with his piercing gaze gives the feeling that he knows more than you think. He wears a long Navy blue cloak and during the winter wears a silver scarf. He is almost always in his magic Flying wheel chair, unless he has to get out of it for very rare but important reasons. He does not wear a hat.

History: During the time of the War against the Dark Lord, Marzilius had become a famous protector of muggle borns, having hid nearly 100 of them in and under his mansion. The mansion was destroyed shortly before The dark lord's defeat. Unfortunately as he was on the run, Marzilius was not able to participate in the Battle of Hogwarts. In the years of rebuilding, Marzilius, who was also known for being a history nut, applied for the post of Ancient Runes Professor at Hogwarts. He had scored well on his NEWT in the subject, and had studied Runes during the then traditional, Tour of the world. He then worked in Gringots as a curse breaker in hopes of discovering new pieces of ancient history in the tombs, but had to give up the job when a curse went wild and weakened his legs until he could not walk.

At this time Marzilius gained his famous magical Wheel chair, which can both fly and go at relatively high speeds. Marzilius became accomplished at dueling while riding the wheel chair, though his skill was never quite the same as it had been before his curse. At the age of 63 he retired from the various jobs he had been working to continue his income, and settled down in a large mansion like home for several years. Then of course, the dark lord came back and ruined the peace. While he knew he could not hope to challenge he higher and more powerful death eaters, Marzilius tracked down several weaker ones who were targeting muggle borns. After defeating them, he changed his tactic to protection and turned his home into a refugee base for Muggle borns. As said previously, this lasted until only a few days before the end of the dark lord, when an arguement broke out and the dark lord's name was spoken. The death eaters showed up and burned down the house. Most of the muggle borns escaped and went into hiding along side Marzilius who was now homeless.

When the Dark lord fell, he cheered with the rest, helped the muggle borns to return to their homes, then looked into his own future. He decided he needed to get another job and home, and settled on putting his skills in Anciet Runes to use and applied for a teachers job at Hogwarts.

Personality: Marzilius is not a man to cross. He is also very loud. His favorite past time is a mixture of making smart remarks at his students and shouting. He didn't just shout when he was angry, but all the time. His energy flows into everything he does, whether it be defending his position to teaching a lesson to a cheeky 3rd years who commented on his writing. He is adamant in his views and is not easily swayed. He will happily put you and your views down and then another six feet under when you cross him.

Notable Possessions: A magic flying wheel chair, which he is in most of the time.

Skill Point Spread:
    -Astronomy: 10
    -Charms: 12
    -Defence Against The Dark Arts: 13
    -Herbology: 9
    -History Of Magic: 15
    -Potions: 9
    -Transfiguration: 13
    -Arithmancy:10
    -Care of Magical Creatures: didn't take
    -Divination: didn't take
    -Muggle Studies:12
    -Study of Ancient Runes: 17

Wand: Cherry, 13 inches exact, rather stiff, Dragon heart string core.

Pets: He has a black cat he keeps in his Classroom and lets out to explore at night. The cat, which is a she, is named Celestia.

Positions: Ancient Runes professor (possibly head of Ravenclaw if no one else takes it)

Abilities: Nope, normal wizard

Other: Don't you even begin to speculate the idea of thinking of telling him his handwriting is bad. You'll get a punishment somewhat outside the normal realms of detention. (think bouncing ferrets)

Also, he's known for saying his personal phrase: "All you have to do is read the right signs"

VPP