Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A fan is someone that loves something, a master is someone that is good at something. I don't feel like they're particularly blurry categories.

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Give me a few hours and it will be on the site.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
    A fan is someone that loves something, a master is someone that is good at something. I don't feel like they're particularly blurry categories.
    ^

I mean, I can understand a person being both, and that's fine. There isn't a rule saying you have to vote one or the other, so go for it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    Give me a few hours and it will be on the site.
    Thanks! I appreciate the help. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
    Yes but the term "Pokemon Master" is tossed around like it means nothing these days. It seems clear now, though. xP

All this debating, yet no one seems to be voting. :(

Looks like an easy year for me. =]

Hooo boy. Looks like it's that time of the year again to start getting my blood boiling because I don't end up getting recognized for anything.

And mind you, I don't mean "blood boiling" as in anger, more like anxiety / frustration

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Hooo boy. Looks like it's that time of the year again to start getting my blood boiling because I don't end up getting recognized for anything.

And mind you, I don't mean "blood boiling" as in anger, more like anxiety / frustration
    Didn't you win Best Artist last year? O.o
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
    Didn't you win Best Artist last year? O.o
    Velocity and Lunar Latias got that last year. Speed's right, she might have gotten votes, but not enough to win awards.

In the meantime, I disagree with the whole "can't vote for HKim or ray_quaza because they won it last year/year before" thing. They deserve it, they make this place possible and should be recognized for it. If someone else wants to try and earn it, then rightfully so, they should be trying to go above and beyond what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Velocity and Lunar Latias got that last year. Speed's right, she might have gotten votes, but not enough to win awards.

In the meantime, I disagree with the whole "can't vote for HKim or ray_quaza because they won it last year/year before" thing. They deserve it, they make this place possible and should be recognized for it. If someone else wants to try and earn it, then rightfully so, they should be trying to go above and beyond what they do.
    Right, but that's comparing your average member to elites who have dedicated a lot, if not everything to this forum. Both of them are work horses, and admins rightfully so. The last two MotY winners have been top brass, and while rightfully so, there's other people who deserve that title just the same who don't run the entire website. So if I take it away for a couple of years, It'll open it up for other people to actually win.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

On the topic of not allowing Ray and HKim to win, didn't HKim himself say last year that he wanted to be excluded from winning a second year in a row so that other people would have a chance to win?

11. This post has been liked by: