Lux and Bellatrix
Sport's Field; Clouds Cross
@Winter

Lux almost saw the ball smack Ava in the face in slow motion. Aunt Bella was fidgeting with the coolers when she caught a last glimpse of it. Ball hitting Ava square in the face, and her on the ground. She was already packing up her first-aid kit and a couple of water bottles, sprinting down the field as her name was yelled across it by the coach. Lux sat down and tried not to listen to carefully to Fausto rattle on about what just happened. From all of the boy's observations, that wasn't like Ava. Spacing out in the middle of a game after being so focused? It was definitely strange, and he didn't have a doubt that it had something to do with Beau showing up.

Lux gulped down some water and sat quietly. He looked around and watched the other players while waiting to flip another number off either side of the point board. He was really hoping he could get some answers to this later tonight. At least he felt owed some answers as well.

"Alright move over, this is why I'm here, no crowding." Bellatrix shooed, making sure her dark, nearly black hair was tied back and out of the way. "Alright Ava you know the drill, lean forward, clean off, make sure noting is broken."

She opened up her first aid kit, seeing the bloody nose and hoping it wasn't broken. Taking a ball to the face varied in damage output. She poured some cold water over a cloth and rung it out just a bit, making sure it wasn't too soaked or too chilled. She gave it to Ava, knowing she was a capable enough young woman to wipe off her own blood and didn't need to be babied. Bellatrix was going to make sure that her nose wasn't broken, that the bleeding wasn't abnormal, and be on her way as usual. Ava would have been used to it by now.

"Nothing feels out of place or stings?" These were pretty standard questions that she could have been used to, as it was just standard procedure to ask them. "I haven't seen you take a ball like that in awhile Ava. Something up after your last performance?"

Bella was hoping she wasn't going to have to reaffirm the old 'you can tell me anything' policy again. It was true, and patient confidentiality was very much enforced, even against the parents. if a kid wanted something to be kept a secret, she kept it that way.