Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Giza, Egypt
    Affected RPers: @Alphys

"If you want, I could save you even more time and just jump you to whenever you need to be," Jude offered. "It's not like I can't just jump to whenever I need to be if I'm needed later."

I could imagine that would be quite the workout for Jude, so I looked at the papers and had to decide carefully. I could save myself from having to go about one international flight, but after that, I had to play it as if I was responsible for all trips after that.

I decided to go for the hacker first. From what Jude found, this guy, Marc Rusnock, lived on Crown Street, Brooklyn New York. His problem was his father was dying of terminal cancer in SUNY Downstate Medical Center. The best way to enter that part of town was to make sure Jude and I weren't seen. Not everyone trusted mages given the recent shenanigans, so we had to be a little incognito about this.

"Let's go with Lincoln Terrance Park, New York," I told Jude, thinking we could both phase in that park during the middle of the night without attracting too much attention. "That should make things a heck of a lot easier for me."

Not to mention faster. So, I grabbed Jude's hand and prepared for the time jump. I wasn't sure what this was going to feel like, but I was ready for anything.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Giza, Egypt
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

Jude nodded silently as Tyler stated his destination. Keeping this in mind, Jude began to calculate exactly what time he could jump to with Tyler at that location without anyone noticing as well as not disturbing the time stream. Once the proper time had been reached, Jude squeezed Tyler's hand, and his eyes glowed an icy blue, then they jumped.

Time jumping technically was instantaneous even though at the same time it was not. To a person who wasn't used to such a phenomenon, it could be a bit overwhelming. The library where the two men had been standing no longer surrounded them. Instead there was pitch black darkness and shimmering blue threads. These threads went every which way and directions. The gravity in this area was also nonexistent, but Jude navigated through the threads with Tyler in tow with relative ease, making sure not to disturb one thread of another. Jude wasn't used to towing someone around, so he made sure not to let go of Tyler. If he did that, it would be extremely dangerous for Tyler. Not only could it kill him by ripping him to shreds from the sheer stress on his body, but there were worse outcomes such as Tyler ending up in a completely different time or even another reality with no hope of being saved. So Jude held tight and made sure he didn't let go of Tyler. However, this did make it much more difficult to navigate the threads. It was also dangerous for Tyler to touch those, since their power was much more complex and untamed than that of the mages'. Jude could touch them and while it still had nasty side effects, he would be better off than Tyler.

Slipping this way and that, Jude spotted the exit portal just outside the threads. He slipped back and forth until the last threads faded away. That is, until one caught Jude's ankle. Jude cried out in pain, losing his concentration and causing the portal to start to close. Noticing this, Jude threw Tyler forward and sending him through the portal to his destination.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

((Oh damn this is still going? Didn't think anyone was still posting here but now that I know I'll jump back in))

Osias Dryton
    Storm Mage

Egyptian Pyramids

After obtaining everything he needed for a flight through some less savory means, Osias had made his way to the airport. It occurred to him that he could possibly have enlisted the help of the space mage to open a portal straight to his destination, but he had no intention of relying on some lesser mage for help. After all, as far as Osias was concerned, he was the strongest of the mages. While Osias knew that this company was based in the United States, that was about all he knew. As such, he decided to start his search on the east coast. New York was a large city, as well as the location where the mage's had been discovered. Surely he could find some information there.

After reaching the airport, his stolen passport managed to get him through security. Osias's patience was being tested by the amount of time it took, but he had no choice but to sit through it. It wasn't too long before he was on his flight. "This might be a while." Osias thought as he looked out the window to his left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    ((Oh damn this is still going? Didn't think anyone was still posting here but now that I know I'll jump back in))
    ((Yeah, sorry, my RPs tend to die on occasion, partially because I get busy, partially because others get busy, but I try to keep them alive as long as possible, so long as other people want to keep going.))

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    United Nations
    Affected RPers: @Alphys, @Morzone

Dagan thought for a second. "I think that if any of us could really fly, it'd be you, Marx. You know, rocket-style propulsion and such."

Alex James
    Blocker
    New York City

Alex gathered up some papers from all over his house, put them in a folder, and headed down towards Time's Square to meet up with the super humans.

Rowan Summers
    Musice Mage
    Hise home, Atlantic seaboard, USA
    Affected RP'ers: @Alphys

Rowan froze, shocked and surprised as Araxie dissolved into tears. His immediate thought was to comfort her, and he knew he must, but fear of making a mistake and making things worse held him in place. At least, for a few seconds at any rate. As he listened to Araxie plead for him to not come with her, he felt the need to comfort her grow too strong for his fear to hold back.

Kneeling down beside her, Rowan put a tentative arms around her shoulders and gave a comforting squeeze. "There isn't anything else I can do in this war for survival. The only thing I know I can do is make sure you're safe. I want to go with you, its not a punishment. And there is a magic in stories and music that will live on no matter what happens. There'll always be some people who will see what stories and music for what they really are and will make sure they will never die."

Marx Hunfree
    Fire mage (Posing as superhuman)
    En route to NYC times square
    Affected RP'ers: @Gaster and Alphys

"Course I can fly! That's why I asked. It really is boring to walk, but if you two can'y fly then what's the point? I'd rather stay down here and get all buddy buddy with my fellow superhumans!" Marx said, letting out his cackle like laugh and elbowing each of them in the side.

VPP

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    Going from UN to Times Square
    Affected RPers: @Alphys, @Morzone

"I just meant that of the three of us, you have the only power that would make sense to be able to fly without pushing limits or using some way-out-there method." he said, ignoring the elbowing.

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Lincoln Terrace Park, New York, United States
    Affected RPers: @Alphys

My mind was blown. Seriously, Jude had an awesome power, and the fact he could navigate it like these timestreams were just his backyard were impressive. I took special care not to touch anything, because the last thing I wanted was to actually break something and then find out I caused something that allowed the Nazis to have robots or trigger an alternative evolution in cows that allowed them to have shark teeth. Okay, I didn't know if that was exactly what touching those threads, but I wasn't going to try and find out.

Suddenly, I heard Jude cry out and then suddenly I was flung through the portal. I landed face-first into the grass, and it hurt a little bit, but it was barely consequential. It definitely wasn't worth even using my powers for, that was for sure.

After I got up, I looked around, wondering if Jude came in with me.

"Hey, Jude, you there?" I asked, looking around at the park. "You okay?"

Nothing. There was no sign of the dude anywhere and I wasn't sure if all that happened was he just took a scratch and was surprised or if something really bad just happened back there. In the meantime, the park was somewhat quiet and the pathway lamps were lit. I didn't see anyone around, which was good. Everything seemed to be on the right track for the moment.

Now, I just needed to head Crown Street and pay Marc Rusnock a visit.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Time Dimension

Just as Jude had feared, despite his sudden halt, the thread that had caught around his ankle had snapped. Jude frowned in annoyance. He'd have to fix that, especially since the thread was obviously very new. It also wasn't a thread from his domain. That was the most annoying thing about Jude's job as a Time Mage. Often times the threads he managed got intertwined with threads from other universes. Given the color of this thread, a unique blend of green and black, it was obviously not of his domain, which usually held a distinct blue color. Jude reached out and grabbed both ends of the thread from where they were suspended in space. He placed the ends together and closed his eyes, sending his power into the threads. They quickly mended back together, but Jude worried that even for the short time they were apart, a temporal disturbance could have impacted the world this thread was for. Hopefully it wouldn't impact anything too much.

Meanwhile in another universe...

"You will surrender by order of the gods!" a mage with a large staff shouted as he faced off against what appeared to be a normal human. The human spun a solid black blade in his hands. "Make me," he returned. The mage charged forward and the two weapons clashed. The black blade hummed and sent the mage flying back. "Blocker magic," the mage whispered. "How?" "Humans are much more resourceful than you have ever given us credit for." The mage spit to the side then charged again, but at the last second he teleported behind the man. Before he could land a blow on the man's head, a rip in time and space appeared behind the two and sucked them both in. As they were being sucked in, the black blade stabbed into the mage's abdomen, then disappeared. The mage gasped as he and the man were sucked away from the world they knew to a new destination, a new life. Just as quickly as it had appeared, the rift disappeared, and the mage and man were never heard from again.

Araxie Scripture
    Writing Mage
    Rowan's Home
    Affected RP'ers: @Morzone

"B-But... Rowan when they find out we wrote most of what they have been reading and listening to for centuries now, they won't have any sanctuary anymore, will they? We create these stories and songs for them to be able to embrace their creative sides, and when they find out their so called "enemies" created most of these, won't they lose even more hope?" Araxie asked.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations
    Affected RP'ers: @Gaster and Morzone

"Walking is healthier," Elisabeth commented, "but to each their own. Personally I find not running the risk of killing myself is a much better option than trying something with a high mortality percentage. In a contained environment I may attempt it. But not today." Elisabeth narrowed her eyes at the elbowing. "Oh? Why are you concerned with us? We are all soldiers after all."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Crown Street, New York, United States

It was still way too early in the morning to wake Marc up, even though I was sure he would be elated that I could help his father. I still needed to keep this highly under wraps. As tempting as it was to run all over SUNY Downstate Medical Center's intensive care ward and cure everyone, I was pretty sure Death would want to have a word with me. What I was doing here was an exception because it would benefit us both. We needed that information. But really, I couldn't play these kinds of games all the time.

With that in mind, I couldn't have Marc learning too much about my real identity. Same thing with his father, Thomas. I hadn't gotten a look at him, but he probably only had a few days left.

After time passed and I finished a very early morning cup of coffee, I headed to Marc's apartment. I simply knocked on the door, and shortly after, Marc opened the door just a small crack to see who it was. He didn't know me, so obviously there were trust issues.

"Hello," Marc greeted me, but still sounding suspicious. "Can I help you?"

"Absolutely," I smiled, figuring that probably wasn't the response he was expecting. "Actually, I think we can both help each other. "I know about your father, Marc. I think there's something we can do for him, but I'm going to need your help in return."

"There's... nothing they can do for him," Marc replied, looking very depressed. "I just... I just can't bring myself to take him off life support. I haven't been able to sleep for three days because of it. And I've lost almost eight pounds since then. I can't eat, I can barely drive, and..."

It was definitely sad to see what a death in the family could do to people.

"Listen," I told Marc, "I know you have a strong set of computer skills, skills that I just don't have. Just like you, I'm going to need to break a few rules, but I have something that can help your dad. In exchange, I need your help in obtaining some information about Star Masses Health. But first, let's go see your dad. I'll fill you in on the details a bit later."

Normally, I expected him to be very apprehensive about dealing with a total stranger, but it looked like he was on the brink of just giving up when it came to trying to help with father.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Kora Lolita
    Shadows Mage
    On Vacation with Kritana
    Affected RPers: @Gaster

Kora still couldn't believe this was really happening. She had finally convinced Kritana to take a vacation. It was so unlike him to agree to this sort of thing, but, for some reason, he had agreed this time when Kora had asked. Not that Kora was complaining, she was absolutely overjoyed with this result. The two had ventured to a beach and Kora was currently in her most revealing bikini. She wasn't leaving much to the imagination, but if it meant finally catching Kritana's attention, then it was well worth it. Plus, Kora really liked this bikini and she never really got to wear it so it was nice to finally bust out the old swimming suit. Kora shifted over on her beach chair and looked at Kritana, the events of a few days prior.

It wasn't uncommon for Kora to request that Kritana take a break. He was such a diligent worker and Kora really admired that, but sometimes Kora worried Kritana would work himself into his own grave, which was saying something given this guy was the incarnation of death itself. Finally, a few days before, Kritana agreed. Kora wasn't sure what convinced him, but she had been overjoyed. Kritana had requested at least a day to plan it out, which Kora was fine with, and now they were here. Kora took in a deep breath and sighed, staring at Kritana over her sunglasses. They were at one of the finest resorts in the world, relaxing on the beach, a couple of drinks on the table between them. The weather was great too. Life couldn't get any better. Though, Kora had to wonder, was Kritana feeling as relaxed as Kora was?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire