Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii @Morzone @AWA1997

I kept tabs on the mage fight, watching these two guys duke it out with each other. I was too out of earshot to hear what was going on. However, the humans were given the order to ceasefire and they weren't sure which of the mages to engage.

In the process of watching over all of the humans, I had no clue what was going on between these two. For now, Maddox seemed like he stopped attacking, which was good enough for me, but there was no indication if he would start attacking the humans once again.

"What pray tell is going on between these two psychos!?" one of the soldiers asked.

I shrugged. I had no idea myself. I didn't recognize either of these two and for all I knew, they could be against the mages or not. But even so, trying to heal one or the other would blow my cover. I simply had to keep the disguise and just follow the same actions as the rest of the humans. If some human got killed as a result, I could revive again if it was needed.

Marx Hunfree
    Fire mage (posing as superhuman)
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii @Awasfriend

"Straight to paris huh..." Marx sighed, feeling the sparks move. He leaned back against the roof, his dragon shrinking down to the size of a small dog, now barely hot enough to warm him up.

Marx frowned as a portal suddenly distributed Elisabeth next to him. "she's still alive Marx, but she needs medical attention," came from the portal. The fire mage frowned. Whoever made the portals might be trying to help, but they had no tact. Sympathy and help was not something he wanted right after being defeated.

"Oh whatever." Marx muttered under his breath, crawling across the rooftop to Elisabeth. Looking her over, she seemed to have been knocked out, probably from some hard hit to the head or something. "No good for either of us huh..." As he had no medical expertise, he'd have to get help. Carefully picking her up, Marx floated Elizabeth down from the roof, over to where the soldiers were watching, clearly confused by what had been going on. He'd have some explaining to do.

"My name is Marx, I am a superhuman who has been enhanced to fight the recently discovered mages." He paused for a moment, then continued, "My friend has been hurt, and needs some medical assistance. Can any of you help me?"

Rowan Summers
    Music mage
    Edmonton, Canada
    Affected RP'ers: Noblejanobii

"Sorry..." Rowan muttered to Araxie, following Vivi into the room. The rainbow-haired lady bustled around excitedly, brewing up a quick drink for her two new guests.

The first floor of Vivi's house looked like a relatively normal one. Wooden tables, a fireplace with comfy looking chairs, a small kitchen and dining room. The only thing that seemed odd were the decorations. Where a normal home might have paintings or pictures, Viv's walls were decorated extensively with historic war materials. Shields, swords, and banners were everywhere. She even had a glass cabinet with a collection of horns.

Finally she sat the two guests down at her wooden table. "I'd be so happy to get some warm clothes! but before that you two need to get warmed up, with: Vivi's special spice of life drink!" She exclaimed happily, offering a mug of the drink to each of them. Rowan hesitated before drinking, remembering the last time he'd tried one of Vivi's "specialties." Still, he picked up the mug and took a sip. Ugh.. tea with Tabasco sauce, and a few other rather strong flavors mixed in. He could see where the "spice" of the life came from...

Vivi smiled. "Well? what do you think?"

VPP

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Glasgow, Scotland

Marx, a superhuman. Well, this was an interesting development. He introduced himself and his wounded friend Elizabeth to the soldiers, trying to get medical assistance for her. Sure, the soldiers had their painfully slow medicine and I could heal her instantly, but it came down to the question of should I help the friend of one of these superhumans?

I just couldn't say no to it in the end. She looked really beat up. I might get chewed out for it later and for blowing my cover, but then again, I wasn't alone. As I stepped up to Elizabeth's unconscious body, I focused my power and completely healed her.

"He was a mage the entire time!?" one of the soldiers shouted in surprise.

"Yeah," I replied casually. "You might have noticed some of you died and then kinda sprang back to life. Well, let's just say that happening and me being here wasn't a coincidence."

Now, I wondered what would prevail. Marx's desires to kill all the mages despite the fact a mage just healed his friend, or him realizing mages can be nice people and maybe they shouldn't be killed. Either way, all these soldiers were now watching his next move.

Marx Hunfree
    Fire mage (posing as superhuman)
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii

Marx hand tightened into a fist as soon as he realized that it was a mage who had just healed Elisabeth. His fist sparked and flamed dangerously for a moment, as if about to launch a fire attack at the healer.

After a tense few seconds, Marx relaxed his hand and the fire faded. Though he certainly didn't look very happy about it. "I'm not that low. I owe you a favor for healing her, so I won't attack you this time."

Making sure he was holding Elisabeth securely, he launched himself up and away from the mage and the soldiers, jumping from roof top to roof top until he was a good distance away from it all. His pride hurt, it throbbed inside him like a physical wound. The pain fueled his desire to hunt down the rest of the mages, even if it meant he had to stop and become stronger first.

VPP

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Glasgow, Scotland

Marx wasn't too thrilled to discover I was a mage. He actually looked ready to strike with his hand turning into a nasty and fiery sparkler, but he decided to stand down. I figured everyone watching him was probably a very persuading part of it. If he attacked me in front of all these soldiers whose lives were just saved by the same mage, it would definitely not look good for the cause of the superhumans at all. Not one bit.

"I'm not that low," Marx told me. "I owe you a favor for healing her, so I won't attack you this time."

"This time? " I asked him logically. "But why attack me at all? Must violence always be the solution? Why not use your powers to help people rather than hurt?"

He just fled the scene with Elisabeth, looking like he wasn't ready for a non-violent reaction to sting so deeply. Sure, I had allowed him to run off unharmed, but it would disarm Marx. It would cause him to question his actions, and if not his, then those around him. When Elisabeth would learn she was healed by a mage, Marx's actions of going against mages would be questioned by her the next time he decided to strike. It would definitely undermine his mission. But more importantly than all that, I hated seeing people in pain. There were still good humans out there, even if there were bad ones in the mix.

"So you're a mage?" one of the soldiers asked me. "What's your story?"

"It's a long one," I told him. "Let's just say this mess got a lot more deeper than we were expecting. So, I'm cleaning up the mess and undoing the effect of anyone killed as a result of these attacks. None of this should have happened, but at least we can fix it up as much as we can."

"They had us thinking all mages were a problem," one of the others remarked. "You don't seem half bad, though."

"That's why you need to question everything you hear," I told him with a confident smirk. "I've been around long enough to know what propaganda does to people sometimes. That stuff is poison for the brain."

Berni Sumner
    Space Mage
    Alaska / Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected Role Players: @NeoEmolga

Bernie opened a tiny portal next the Tyler's ear, "when your ready London is still suffering from a plaque," he whispered through it.
    Last edited by Awasfriend; 02-13-2017 at 07:10 PM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Awasfriend

"Indeed it is, Mage of Life," Jude said as he flashed into that instance. "Not all of us mean harm. Not even the ones that have attacked you today. I cannot go into many details, lest I rip the space time continuum again and possibly cause a greater disaster than this, but let's just say… they were dragged here against their will and are being impacted by a side effect of their powers. I have spoken with one of the previous time keepers of their universe, and he has confirmed if they were in their right minds, they would not have acted violently. Surely you all can understand given how they stopped attacking after a little while. The one still causing destruction is still suffering her side effects, but she should be returned to her normal state shortly." Jude let out a long sigh. "Sadly, not everyone will be open minded to our explanations. This will not be helpful to our cause."

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RP'ers: @Morzone

Elisabeth groaned a little as Tyler healed her but only started to awake after she had been carried a ways away. Elisabeth felt herself being carried and when her eyes focused on Marx, she growled.

"Put me down! What on earth are you doing? You should be fighting the crazy-" Elisabeth paused and looked around. This wasn't Paris! Where was this? Scotland? Wasn't that where Marx had been sent? How had she arrived here? Last she remembered, the psychotic mage had hit her into a building, and then nothing. What had happened since she had been knocked out? "Where are we?" Elisabeth asked quietly.

Araxie Scripture
    Writing Mage
    Edmonton, Canada
    Affected RP'ers: Morzone

Araxie smiled at Rowan and pat his shoulder. "I don't mind," she whispered back. She found herself gazing around at the house interior. So many weapons as decorations! Vivi definitely had a… unique taste. Araxie had to wonder how these two became friends.

Araxie accepted the drink politely but noticed Rowan's hesitation at the drink. Ah, so that's how it was. Araxie had practice eating or drinking without tasting. Arian had gotten her in the practice whenever he wanted to test his cooking. Araxie breathed in through her nose and held it before taking a drink from the cup. Even without tasting it, she could feel the spices burning her throat. It took every bit of her control not to cough. Araxie forced a smile and giggled.

"It's got an interesting flavor. It's not something I've ever had before, that's for sure."

Madder, Maddie, and Maddox Hatter
    Second & Third Incarnations Madness Mages and Wraith Mage
    Paris, France
    Affected RP'ers: @AWA1997 Awasfriend

Maddox looked between Castor and Maddie with fear. He was about to protest but Castor was already off to take on the monsters. Well, he could help with that. Best he not help with Maddie. He had the highest risk of accidentally killing her. Maddox summoned his two hook swords and charged at another monster, slicing it to pieces.

Madder looked around at the spider web as Maddie lowered herself. She smirked at her previous incarnation then chanted,

"Brown as tea and sharp as a knife, I summon a strike made of light!" Madder's head snapped up at the chant and tried to summon a shield but was unable to do so in time. He cried out in pain as electricity coursed through his body. Madder collapsed to his knees on top of his card and gasped for air. It felt exactly like the death volts except hot instead of cold, and he didn't die afterwards. Madder flicked his wrist and flung a card at Maddie.

"Joker Joker oh great man! Draw out the lunacy and lend me a hand!" Maddie gave Madder a confused look as the card drew closer. It drove into Maddie's chest then vanished. Maddie grabbed her head and cried out in pain. The spider web dropped and Madder tapped his big card. He rose up to Maddie and flew behind her. He held out his hand and the card came out Maddie's back. Maddie still remained in a crouched position but she was starting to calm down. The pottery rain stopped those the monsters kept moving.

Madder looked at the card and sighed. The joker now looked like Maddie. It had sealed her Madness for now it seemed. But he'd have to be careful. If the card was destroyed she could return to her unstable state. Madder was about to see if he could speak to Maddie when he heard the sound of high winds. Madder looked over to see a press helicopter drawing near. Were these people mad? Madder held down his hat as the helicopter's winds sped up, but Maddie was still recovering and her hat went flying. Madder reacted without thinking, reaching out and grabbing it, but in doing so the card slipped from his fingers and flew off in the winds. Madder wanted to swear so badly but now was not the time to be teaching Maddie such language. She wasn't over 200 years old yet, such language wasn't acceptable from her. Madder tightened his grip on Maddie's hat and flicked his wrist, sending a second card flying.

"I summon thee, the brightest of stars, to shine forth with the brilliance with the power of a sun! Blind but do not harm those above so that we might be done!" A bright light erupted from the card and Madder grabbed Maddie and dove down to the ground. The monsters of tea cups began to collapse as Maddie passed out. Madder ran over to the other Mages. "We need to go, now!" he said.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Glasgow, Scotland

"When you're ready, London is still suffering from a plague," Bernie suddenly whispered in my ear.

I figured the people here were probably safe for now, even though the damage done to the city was pretty severe. All that stuff was replaceable, though. Expensive, but replaceable. I had my limits, though. I was the Life Mage, not the rebuild-it-back-from-the-ground-up-perfectly-good-as-new mage.

"Indeed it is, Mage of Life," Jude said. "Not all of us mean harm. Not even the ones that have attacked you today. I cannot go into many details, lest I rip the space time continuum again and possibly cause a greater disaster than this, but let's just say... they were dragged here against their will and are being impacted by a side effect of their powers. I have spoken with one of the precious time keepers of their universe, and he has confirmed if they were in their right minds, they would not have acted violently. Surely, you can all understand given how they stopped attacking after a little while. The one still causing destruction is still suffering her side effects, but she should be returned to her normal state shortly. Sadly, not everyone will be opened minded to our explanations. This will not be helpful to our cause."

I could imagine most of these humans couldn't even begin to grasp the depth of all this, but at least they couldn't say they weren't warned or no one ever informed them of anything. But, I could imagine it was a lot for them to take in.

"I'd better go," I told Bernie through the tiny portal. "Let me see what's up in London and I'll work on cleaning up."

Although I could imagine we were just getting started.

Marx Hunfree
    Fire Mage (posing as Superhuman)
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RP'ers: @Noblejanobii

The Fire mage sighed and started descending toward the nearest roof.

"We're in Glasgow, Scotland." Marx told her, landing on the roof and placing her on her feet. Then he sat down on the roof's slant and covered his face in his hands.

"I don't think we're ready to fight these mages." He said, dejectedly. Certainly he was without much of the confidence he'd had back in New York.

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    Vivi's House, Edmonton, Canada
    Affected RP'ers: Noblejanobii

Rowan had to respect Araxie's ability to fake drink. He'd just add it to the things he admired about her.

Vivi looked positively delighted at Araxie's reception of the drink. She finished her own mug then jumped to her feet saying, "You should see my inventions! I'm going to revolutionize the musical world!"

Before Viv could try and lead them anyway however, Rowan interjected with a quick cough. "Um, Vivi, do you think you could Show Araxie to her room? We should probably put our stuff down first."

"Oh, Right! You always were pretty sensible Rowan. Come on, they're through here." And she lead them down a hall to a small but comfortable looking bedroom. "There's another one right next to it for you Rowan, and the bathroom's in the hall there. If you need any winter clothes I'd be happy to lend you some of mine. Anyway, go make yourselves comfortable!"

VPP

Berni Sumner
    Space Mage
    Alaska / Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected Role Players: @NeoEmolga

"Alright," came from the portal as it expanded enough to let the Life mage through.