Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

I really wasn't too keen on the idea of trusting a superhuman as the double agent. Weren't we supposed to be getting rid of the entire mess the humans made? If they had no intentions of fighting us, then why get all suited up with powers for no good reason? Something stunk about the whole thing. Those superhumans got those powers for a reason, and I highly doubted this third one was going to betray the ones who gave them the powers in the first place.

"Hey, I thought we were getting rid of the superhumans, Arian," I shrugged, knowing we really couldn't trust them at all. "We can't trust one of them. What's not to say this third one is not going to betray us instead? Besides, we don't need #3's help. This is something we can do ourselves without running the risk of exposing us so the humans know where we are to hunt us down."

Not that I was worried myself, but there were others among the crew that might not fare so well.

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    Egyptian Pyramids

Rowan mentally sighed and wished the others would stop blaming Araxie for the problem. It wasn't HER fault the blocker had shown up, he knew that she'd never want something like this to happen. He put a comforting hand on her shoulder, hoping to show he still supported her. As for finding out information about the superhumans, Rowan didn't like the idea of having Anyone on the inside.
    "Can't we simply use Bernie to Spy on a super human or maybe one of the Scientists to find out where they're being made? With the blocker around, I don't think its safe for any of us to be near the superhumans and their bosses. I don't trust this 3rd superhuman either. He sounds like he could easily be forced to tell them about us if we contact him."

Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    UN headquarters

Marx smile did not dissapate as he replied, "Yes they are, they are indeed." He was about to say more when the American representative came over saying, "Mr. Hunfry, we must go. There are things that must be done." Marx wasn't happy about this. "What!? Can't you see I'm talking to someone? I want to get to know my fellow superhumans! Go bother the earth kid over there." He said in an annoyed voice, gesturing to the superhuman in the corner of the room. The representative looked somewhat taken aback and walked over to the other superhuman instead and began talking to him about plans for fighting and finding the mages.

Turning back to Liz, Marx said, "Since the "boss man" isn't going to get off my back until I do something he likes, do you have any ideas about finding where the mages are?"

VPP

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    United Nations

Dagan read the note before hiding it in the soil when he heard the representative was going to be heading over. He turned the dirt into a mostly-solid stone, with only the area directly under the flower remaining dirt, before practicing his ability to suspend the earth above the ground. When the representative 'caught' his attention, he put the dirt and flower back in the pot and returned the 'stone' to its original form, the note now hidden in the pot.n the representative 'caught' his attention, he put the dirt and flower back in the pot and returned the 'stone' to its original form, the note now hidden in the pot.

"Sorry, just practicing my abilities. What do you need?" he asked as he turned back to the man, hoping that the one who sent the note would remove it if the man went checking the dirt.

Bernie Sumner
    Space Mage
    Alaska

Bernie took the note and dropped a different one imbetween the mages. That read, "I will be your spy, but this guy really doesn't want to fight, he might even be ok with not knowing where or who you are."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture, Arian Black, Jude Audrey
    Writing Mage, Enchanter, Fate Mage
    Egyptian Pyramids

"I am very well aware of the situation, Tyler," Arian said. "But think of it my way. We use this superhuman as the spy then if at any point they show disobedience we kill them and when we finish this war, we kill him with the rest of his scum." Arian waved his hand in the air. "I mean, unlike us they're still mortal. I sincerely doubt he wouldn't be easy to dispose of."

"So you're just going to kill him no matter what happens?" Araxie asked, a tone of anger rising in her voice.

"Precisely," Arian answered. He noted Araxie's obvious growing rage and added, "Of course, his blood would fall on your hands since this is your fault we're having to use him in the first place." All the wind left Araxie's sails. Tears rose in her eyes and she slumped in her seat, wrapping her wings around herself in a short of self hug gesture. Then Bernie's note appeared. Jude glanced at it, then read it allowed. He paused after a minute then said,

"He would still die in this way too, it appears. But this would solve our solution for a spy."

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"No but I have a theory. I've been practicing tracking people via there blood. It's difficult and draining, but I have no doubt with a sample of a mage's blood, I could track them in due time." Elisabeth smirked and pondered something. "If only there was a way to enhance my power, it would speed up the process significantly."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Nicholas Flamel and Alma Breya
    Alchemy Mage and Spirit Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"If he dies, the blood is on your hands as you're the one who let them get the means to create the superhumans." Nicholas said. "And I'll make sure you follow him to the grave. And trust me, I have my ways of doing it." he added, opening and holding up his Alchemy book, the page showing chemical formulas for objects that could destroy a Mage's body faster than it could repair itself. He then made the book disappear. "For all we know, he could have been brought in unwillingly, and we know for sure that he's trying to help us, even for "the almighty all powerful" super arrogant Enchanter that would be a major mistake, now wouldn't it?"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Arian Black
    The Enchanter
    Egyptian Pyramids

Arian narrowed his eyes at Nicholas. The Alchemy Mage always knew how to make enemies. He was very successful at it too. He always acted like he was better than Arian. But all the mages knew the truth. Alchemy was just cheap magic tricks. Enchantment was true magic that nothing could top.

"If you'll kindly recall, I threw my hat into the ring of support for this man being our spy. I just said we need to eventually…" Arian waved his hand into the air again then added, "dispose of him afterwards. As for the invasion of my lab, the humans blatantly ransacked my lab. There were no warnings or indications of its possibility to happen. And yet, Araxie had many warnings that she chose to ignore. Trying to make me the scapegoat when the rightful perpetrator is in this room is a waste of time."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Pyramids of Egypt

"Yes, use him as our spy, but no killing him afterwards." Nicholas said. "And you had plenty of things indicating that they'd find your lab. I mean, they've been checking out all of these pyramids for millennia, they were bound to find you sooner or later, and you refused to relocate. And on that subject, what warning signs did Araxie have that you didn't? None. None at all. You're more to blame than her. And she's not trying to use this as an excuse to kill innocent people who are trying to work with us on this. So, with that in mind, there would be no blood on her hands, and all of the blood would fall on yours. Or mine if I have to kill you to keep my word on this."

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    Egyptian Pyramids

Rowan was feeling small, not just because of his size, but because he didn't like all this talk of punishment, blame, and killing people, innocent or not. "We cannot change the notes we have sang, but we can still choose what song we sing next. Are we really any better than the thieves and monsters that use our own powers to kill us if we accept help from this superhuman and then kill him for his kindness? Simply because they are mortal does not mean that their lives do not matter." He looked around at the mages in the room, from Arian to Nicholas to Jude and to the others.

"What we need now is information and protection. We have to be prepared for the superhumans, because whether through the blocker's guidance or another way, they will find some of us. We already have Bernie spying to try and discover the superhuman labs, so we need to make sure He is not discovered before we get the information. And there's also the blocker. If anything, he is the biggest threat and needs to be stopped. But if do nothing but argue about who messed up in the past, then it will only make us weaker in the future. A house divided cannot stand." Rowan stated, looking between Adrian and Nicholas with the last part.

Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    UN headquarters

"You could always badger the scientists who gave you the power to find a way to enhance it. Other way is you could carry around a pack of energy drinks and practice tracking normal people for a whole day. Feeling tired after practicing? Have a drink and you'll be ready and rar'in to go! What I want to do is ask this blocker guy about the mages. I bet he knows where they could be." Marx replied, spinning his fiery halo in his fingers.

The US Representative told the earth superhuman that meeting was going to be held with representatives from other countries that had the technology to create superhumans to plan what superhuman powers would be best useful in the hunt for the mages. He also said that the earth superhuman's presence didn't need to be there if he didn't want too.

VPP

The Pyramids of Egypt

"That's the point I was trying to make." Nicholas said. "But it irks me to no end when someone thinks they're a god and that they get to call all the shots. And that's precisely what Arian's attempting to do, and why I'm not backing down from him."

Alma sighed. "Neither one is going to back down." she said. "But, maybe we can actually use this to our advantage. If either of them has a plan for any of this, I'm sure the other will find any and all flaws in it."

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    United Nations

"I don't care if I stay or go, just whichever is more convenient for those involved." Dagan said, leaving the gate open without sounding overly eager to step through it.