Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Osias Dryton
    Storm Mage

Egyptian Pyramids

Osias let out a faint grin at the sound of Araxie's anger. "This may be interesting after all..." He thought. Although Osias could be cruel, he still had some sense of honor. Along with Rowan and Araxie, he did agree with sparing the superhuman, should he choose to help them. "I would kill ten thousand men if it would further my goals," Osias began, "but I would not kill a single man who had sworn loyalty to me. If this man is to be our spy, then I could not agree to killing him... Nor would I sit idly and allow such a man to be slain." He paused for a few moments before continuing his speech.

"And Arian... Humans have been searching these pyramids for a very long time. Are you trying to say that it never occurred to you that some day they would find your lab? That there was no way you could make it more secure, so that even if they did find it, they wouldn't be able to get in?" As much as it pained him to realize it though, he knew Rowan was right. There was no point in arguing over what had already happened. Still though, he was interested to see how Arian would react.

Rowan Summers
    Music mage
    Egyptian temples

Rowan mentally sighed. Even if they agreed with him, they weren't doing a very good job of following the advice. He didn't really have anything to say to the other though, so he took out Bernie's note, the one that said, "You could ask," and a pencil. He scribbled out what Bernie had put and wrote instead, "After they finish, where do you want to go to hide?" He passed the note to Araxie quietly.

The American rep explained that they were attempting to get the blocker to be present, but it was uncertain at the moment. He also commented that even if he didn't come, he would be informed of what was decided as he would be working with a good number of the superhumans created. He finished by thanking the superhuman again for assisting in eradicating the mage threat, then left the room with some other nation reps.

VPP

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    United Nations

Dagan nodded. "Alright, if you can, give me some time to think over if I actually want to be there. And no problem. If they're as dangerous as they seem, I'm doing the world a service." he said, hating himself for uttering those words, even as a cover for working with the Mages.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Well, now this was something! Arian planned on axing off the third superhuman whether he helped us or not. Nicholas, however, wasn't so crazy about the whole idea. To me, having the guy work for us and then betraying him was pretty dark. That would really make us look like the jackasses in front of the humans and I doubted they'd ever like us ever again.

Frankly, I think I'd rather just do away with the third superhuman right from the start and not even bother trying to utilize them for anything. But, that was unless, of course, another means was used...

"Okay, there's only way I'd ever go for the plan to have the superhuman be the spy," I told the rest of the gang, sounding pretty sure on this one. "When push comes to shove, if he does what he's told and comes through on his side of the offer, we'll keep the guy alive, but I want those powers stripped out however possible when this is all said and done."

I wasn't exactly sure if that could even be done or not or if the effect could be reversed. But, I figured it was worth bringing to the table.

"My only thing is I'm not sure if that kind of thing is possible," I told the others, shrugging and being frank about it. "My powers don't cover a reversal process like that. I figured we'd probably need to know how the powers were gifted to him in the first place. If the source is something physical like in his heart, arms, or something like that, we could yank out the augmented body part and I could just heal him back to his natural, pre-superhuman state, but I'm not sure that's how it works."

But even so, I'd still keep a very close watch on the guy. I don't even think I could fully trust him even if this whole plan was possible.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture, Arian Black, Jude Audrey
    Writer Mage, Enchanter, Fate Mage
    Pyramids of Egypt

Arian's brow twitched in anger. How could these idiots not see reason? These superhumans were not to be trusted! Alike all other mortals, these superhumans were just tools meant to be used by the mages, pawns on a chessboard. Arian saw no reason why not to use the superhuman, but he needed to be destroyed afterwards, otherwise they ran the risk of having another uprising. He took a deep breath and addressed each person carefully.

"Nicholas, I am not acting as a god, but it appears I am the only one within the boundaries of this room that can see reason right now. As a result, I am taking it upon myself to attempt to straight everyone else out so they may see the solution as well. For, as Rowan said, if we are divided, we will not be solving this issue. It would have been much easier if you all just agreed to my first plan, but no, apparently such a thing is unethical. Are you trying to avoid stepping on toes, Nicholas? Because these superhumans need to be destroyed and even one left is a risky chance."

"Osias, you have visited my lab before. Pray tell, did you not see me disabling the wards that protect its walls. I had defenses set up. Only a Mage or a blocker could enter my labs. I had appropriate defenses set up for the human investigators, but given the actions of my colleagues today, I'm beginning to believe this whole thing was sabotaged."

"Tyler, would it not be easier to just eradicate the problem at its source? I thought you were not a fan of the mortals. Why are attempting to protect one of them as a result?"

Araxie looked at the note and just shrugged to Rowan. She was unsure where a person like herself would blend in best.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"It does not work quite like that, Marx. I am a test subject, I do not get my own demands nor do I get free roaming rights. Both are great thoughts but ill in effect. However, you bring up a valuable point. The blocker, he might know the appearances, names, and lives of each Mage."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Nicholas Flamel and Alma Breya
    Alchemy Mage and Spirit Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Nick narrowed his eyes. "Well it sure seems that you are, since basically everybody here has told you that we don't want to kill anybody that doesn't have to die and you're still trying to convince us to. And I'm sure you're planning on doing it yourself if we won't as well. I know very well that you view the human race as insignificant bugs, but not all of us share that view. Especially since the majority of us, even if it's just by a small margin, were once humans as well." he said. "Not to mention, killing off someone who helped us clear our names would cause a bigger issue than leaving them alive. And as for stepping on toes, I'm not worried about that in the slightest. What I'm worried about is the fact that some of my research on making it possible for the humans to trust us if we were ever exposed has now gone to waste, and the rest of it will follow if you kill for no reason. If this so-called superhuman truly wants to help us, I doubt that he'd purposely do anything we dosagree with, so killing him would be pointless." He looked at Tyler. "And if we can't remove his powers, just leave him be with a warning to only use them if it seems absolutely necessary, and only do anything about him if he can't properly justify his reasons for using them. With the decision being by vote. Is that fair enough for everyone?" he asked. Wanting it to be fair without coming across as totally demanding. He was the bridge builder between the two groups of people, and his bridge was burning before its completion, so he had to find some way to put the fire out.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Osias Dryton
    Storm Mage

Egyptian Pyramids

Osias remained silent for a moment at Arian's response. He could tell that Arian was angry, but he had not gotten the reaction he had hoped for. "Fair enough." He said, looking away for a moment. "Are these humans truly such a threat though? After all, they are still merely mortals, regardless of what powers they may have. Is it not as simple as finding them and destroying them?" He questioned. He did not take the threat of these super humans very seriously.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture, Arian Black, and Jude Audrey
    Writing Mage, Enchanter, Fate Mage
    Egyptian Pyramids

"You obviously underestimate their power," Jude said Osias. Currently we only know of three superhumans and while the powers they possess can be lethal, they are not necessarily so. However, imagine if they got the power of life, death, or fate? They could alter the fabric of time itself, kill whomever they wanted, or even go so far as to make themselves immortal. It may seem as if they are insignificant mortals now, but much like us, they possess much power. They are also guarded by the nations of the earth right now. It would not be wise to make enemies of them." He looked around the table then added, "I support the action of putting this to a vote."
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Protect?" I asked Arian, shrugging with a casual smile. "Nah. It's means to an end, my friend. Sure, I'm not a fan of the mortals just as much as I'm not a fan of a rainy day, but there's a reason for the rain. I'm just not a fan of mortals that are trying to kill us, but most humans are clumsy, dim-witted, and impatient, I'll give you that. When it comes to using that superhuman to our advantage, it's something we could potentially make use of given our situation if everyone else was on board for that plan, but I'm still not a fan of the whole idea."

But Nicholas wasn't too entirely sure about the plan. He felt if it was impossible to remove the powers after he was done with his tasks, we should only let him off with a warning. Now that was definitely not happening.

"If his powers can't be removed," I told Nicholas, getting into the grit of it, "we don't use him. Period. Like I mentioned earlier, I would only go with the plan that makes as much of this mess go back to the way things used to be, before those humans exposed us. That includes cleaning out all traces of the superhuman technology and the superhumans themselves, whether it's by eliminating them or by stripping out their powers if it's possible."

But, we were still going to hold it to a vote. Personally, I didn't think stripping out the superhuman's powers was possible, and I honestly didn't feel like trying to hassle with trying to prove my own hunch about it wrong. I'd have to study the technology that went into giving these humans the powers in the first place, and we really didn't have the time for that. Plus, once someone had these kind of powers, getting them to relinquish it was extremely unlikely. Hypothetically speaking, even if the power removal were possible, we were still looking at a very complicated process.

"If we're voting, I'm voting on not working with superhumans and getting rid of all of them," I told the rest of the crew as I crossed my arms. "As Jude said, I already have a good idea on what these humans are going to do with these powers. They're going to get carried away from the power rush and it's only a matter of time before they do irreversible damage with them. Let's get rid of all of them now while they're still weak and haven't fully realized the full potential of these powers. The longer we wait, the more they'll come to understand what they have at their disposal, and the harder it'll be to get rid of them when we have to work against that. It's much easier to kill a newly hatched crocodile than it is to kill a fully grown one."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture, Arian Black, Jude Audrey
    Writing Mage, Enchanter, Fate Mage
    Egyptian Pyramids

"So that it one vote for kill them all and not working with them," Jude said, making a note on a pad of paper that seemingly appeared from nowhere. "Anyone else?"

"I vote to that too. Kill them all, no cooperation." Jude sighed a little and marked another tally. He glanced around the room, rolling his eyes. If only they could see the future as he did, then they'd see where the best path lay. Oh well, that was their problem.

Jude spun his pencil and pointed at the other mages, motioning for them to voice their votes as well.
    / / / / / / / /