Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    ???
    ??? Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii

The man teleported inside the pyramid on the far side of the room from Arian. "Hello, sir." he said. "My name is Castor Spellman and I require your assistance. I'm the original Enchanter from another universe, and the four Mages attacking your world came from mine through a tear in time-space. It takes the effort of our most powerful Mages to stop two of them, and we've never dealt with the other two snapping yet."

The Underworld

Kritana's stand-in nodded and pressed a button, opening the last stand they had. "We're going to be backed up for weeks by the end of the day at this rate." he muttered as he continued processing the souls.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    SUNY Downstate Medical Center, New York, United States
    Affected RPers: @Awasfriend

Usually I'm not one to give speeches and lay down all the facts about the meaning of life and all that stuff. But I was actually proud to give Marc and his father Thomas the details about the roles of Mages and what our jobs were. It actually felt pretty good.

And then, of course, something that royally took a steaming hot turd dump all over that suddenly came up.

"Tyler, we have a problem," said a voice. "Rouge mages are starting a war, the underworld is being flooded you might be able to help. Where do you want me to put your friends?"

Boy, was this embarrassing. And here I had just gotten Marc and Thomas to see and understand things from the Mages' point of views, and then this nonsense happens.

"Sounds like I'm needed," I told Marc and Thomas with a friendly smile. "Marc, take your dad back to your apartment for now. I'm not sure what's up exactly, but these kinds of things sometimes happen. We'll work it out, but for now, relax. I'm going to need your help later."

Marc nodded, but I could tell from the look on his face that he wasn't so sure about this whole thing right now. Regardless, they headed out of the hospital and I figured I'd reply back to Bernie.

"Holy mother of pearl, wait until AFTER I'm done talking to the humans before mentioning a Mage civil war!" I told Bernie, thinking that was such bad timing. "Anyway, take me where I'm needed most, and I've got to know what's been going on. I've been working on trying to get to the root of the Superhuman thing and I was hoping to get that covered sooner rather than later."

Still, rogue mages? I didn't get it. Wasn't the real enemy these Superhumans and Star Masses Health?

"So, who needs my help?" I asked Bernie, figuring he knew more about what was going on than I did.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture
    Writer Mage
    Rowan's Home
    Affected RP'ers: @Morzone

Rowan brought up a good point. Though in places like New Zealand they might not stick out, the less populated locations in the South Pacific might be more of a problem. Still, Canada also might be a bit too populated. Maybe they could find somewhere that wasn't too heavily populated but also not too small so that when they moved in it didn't cause too much of a disturbance? Did a place like exist in Canada?

"We would probably have to go to a more northern part of Canada where there's less people but not too few. If we stay too close to the lakes or the border people might recognize me even if I try to blend in."

Madeline Hatter
    Madness Mage First Incarnation
    London
    Affected RP'ers: @Awasfriend and @AWA1997

Madeline felt her horse start to slip but looked down to see the ground was just fine. Then someone called her name and she looked up to see one of the Science Mages from her universe. He asked her to stop that he knew where Maddox was. But didn't he understand? No, only madness Mages understood. And how could she explain it in a way that anyone else could comprehend? Even Maddox had not understood exactly what Madeline and Madder spoke of when he had asked for an explanation of the snap. Well, now he did. Tears traced down the sides of Madeline's face.

"I-I can't, John. I can barely retain control as it is. And I can't even stop myself from hurting people while I have control. This is the result of my third time being through this and I can't stop myself. And if I can't stop myself, there's no way Maddox or Maddie are going to be able to stop." Madeline sniffled as she guided her horse to more stable ground. Her head pounded as the voices screamed in a jumbled unison. "I'm sorry," she whispered before charging at John with raised scythe.

Arian Black
    The Enchanter
    The Pyramids of Egypt
    Affected RP'ers: @AWA1997

"Quite the mess you've gotten us into," Arian replied to Castor sourly. "We already have a war between humanity and the Mages going on. At least before we might have been able to redeem ourselves but now we have no chance at that! And Jude, that Fate Mage! His job is to fix these rifts! He's new to the job but he has all the time in the world and he's already royally screwing things up for us. Everything would run so much smoother if everyone just did their job!" Arian straightened his collar then glared at Caster. "As such, it would be hypocritical of me to not aid you in your plight after having given such a speech. What do you require of me?"

Kora Lolita
    Shadows Mage
    On Vacation with Kritana
    Affected RPers: @AWA1997

Kora stepped into the last stand. She began to process souls as fast as she could but also had a monitor set to watch over Kritana. That way if something happened to him she could rush to his side without wasting any time. He looked to be under a grave amount of stress right now. She could only wish she could be there for him. Instead, however, her shadow was there, tending to him.

Kora's shadow noticed the washcloth has fallen off Kritana's face. It reached over and placed it back on him before standing off to the side, not quite sure what to do. After a moment, it reached out and placed its hand on Kritana's as moral support.

Madder Hatter
    Madness Mage Second Incarnation
    New Orleans

Madder gripped the side of his head as he watched everything transpire through New Orleans. Using a locust Yu-Gi-Oh card, Madder had unleashed several swarms of locusts throughout New Orleans, causing people to dub him as Famine. Still, he wasn't enjoying this. It wasn't like his first snap where everything had given him a rush. This time he wasn't enjoying it just as much. Maybe it was because his sane side was fighting for control. His sanity didn't want this. That wouldn't do. This world needed to know his power! They need to fear him! No, the reason he wasn't having as much fun was because he wasn't killing first hand. Madder summoned his carving knives. Well he'd just have to fix that!

Maddie Hatter
    Madness Mage Third Incarnation
    Paris
    Affected RP'ers: None

Maddie cackled as she watched people fighting in the streets of Paris. War, as they called her, was forcing everyone to drink her tea, and those who survived the drowning were filled with the undying urge to kill. Now the survivors were fighting to the death, only one able to come out on top. Still, Maddie could tell she wasn't alone. There was another Mage in the area and Maddie could guess their intentions were to stop her. So now she was on the hunt for this Mage, intending to kill them before they could stop her fun.

"Come out come out wherever you are~" Maddie chanted as she rode through the streets of Paris. Visions watched carefully, tailing Maddie via the rooftops. She hasn't spotted her yet but he wasn't sure he could hide from her much longer. While snapped, Madness Mages were very adept and natural born hunters. She'd locate him eventually, but he had to hold out for the perfect moment to strike.

Maddox Hatter
    Wraith Mage
    Glasgow
    Affected RP'ers: @Morzone

Life was such a great feeling! Having only been alive for a short time, Maddox never truly knew what it meant to be alive. Now he did. And it was great. He didn't have to hold back on his powers anymore! He unleashed death volts wherever he pleased and smiled as screams filled the air. If this exhilaration was what life was like then Maddox never wished to return to the underworld. Life had been cruel in taking this from him but now he was experiencing it and never enjoyed it more. Maddox threw back his head and laughed loudly as he stabbed his hook sword through another victim. If he had it his way, Maddox would never return to the land of the dead.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 11-08-2016 at 02:31 AM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Castor Spellman
    Enchanter, alternate universe first incarnation
    Pyramids of Egypt

"Actually, I think him fixing it was what caused the trouble. From what I saw in Time's Square, the first one to appear in your universe tried to run and turned into a dead end, which I believe is where the tear he found was located. Just before I saw that, I noticed that the entrance I took was blocked off as well. I fully believe that what was an instant for him was long enough for us to get through, but not get back out." Castor commented. "As for what I need, I brought nothing except the Space ring on my finger and the compass in my hand. I need any blood you can lend me and any materials you have that I could enchant. If you have a Death Mage, his blood would likely be the best to use since three of them are dead and only one of those three could even possibly resist Death's powers. For the fourth of them, though, we need to make something to contain her and return her to our world alive, and preferably not in her current mental state. Do you know of any way we could do that?

Kritana Sephtis
    Death Mage
    The underworld

Despite not being conscious, Kritana began shifting uncomfortably, his body feeling great pain as the number of unnecessary deaths rose. It seemed as if the moment his body had healed up enough to do anything, it was trying to power through the pain and get him up, the same way he tried to power through the initial heart attack. However, when Kora's shadow put her hand on his, he held it lightly as his body relaxed a bit, almost as though knowing she was watching over him helped to soothe him.

John Smith
    Science Mage
    London

John dropped and rolled narrowly avoiding the blow, he needed to keep her occupied with out making her madder. "How can I help," he asked tossing a vial on each side of the street to help prevent the diseases from getting to the people still on the street.

Bernie Sumner
    Space Mage
    Alaska
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

"Normally I would," Bernie replied, a portal to Glasgow opening, "the numbers of dead are growing by the minute. No one is taking on this one yet. I will warn you though that the fire super human is on his way there."
    Last edited by Awasfriend; 11-10-2016 at 05:16 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

((Elisabeth is on her way to Paris. Marx is on his way to Glasgow.))

Arian Black
    The Enchanter
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Arian turned a glare on Castor. "Then he should have sealed them up before you were allowed to enter in the first place. Either way, that Fate Mage is to blame for this chaos. Just as the Writing Mage is to blame for exposing us. No wonder Jude was against using a sacrificial lamb. He knew he would screw up and be a candidate as well! That conniving man! He just wants to see the end of us all. Well I won't allow it." Arian gestured to the laboratory surrounding them. "Everything I have that was not stolen when my labs were raided is located here. If it fixes the mess that Jude purposely caused then I will allow you to use what you wish, though I have no ideas as to how to contain a living specimen. It may not be obvious given how forgiving I am but I tend to think if someone has done something wrong on a grand scale, they are better off dead."

Madeline Hatter
    London

How could he help? Madeline didn't know. She couldn't think straight well enough to decipher a solution. She felt herself slowly suffocating to the voices. She wanted help but how could she receive it without knowing what she needed? This was an impossible situation, it seemed. The only way out was to kill them all. Even Maddie. Madeline lowered her head. Maddie didn't deserve to die from this! But if Madeline couldn't free herself then how could she? "I don't know!" Madeline cried as she slashed at John again.
    / / / / / / / /

Castor Spellman
    Pyramids of Egypt

"Yes, I can see how forgiving you are given how you so easily throw someone else to the sharks for what would've been a minor inconvenience had anybody else slipped through than the person who did. God forbid anyone make any mistakes whatsoever when they're still a young Mage." Castor said, sarcasm dripping from every word. "This can still be fixed, and I don't know about your universe, especially in the midst of this war you seem to be having, but I've seen a couple universes where people are grateful when others are revived, even if the reason they died was a mistake on the mages' part." he added, walking over to look at the supplies he had to work with.

(Oops fixed it.)

Bernie Sumner
    Space Mage
    Alaska
    Affected RPers: @AWA1997

Watching the progress of the new Mage taking on the rouge in London and the progress the spy was making he decided to speed up his progress. Opening a portal underneath Dagon in case he fell Bernie opened one next to him. "Would you like some help getting there sooner?" He asked the superhuman warping it slightly so he couldn't use it against him.

John Smith
    Science Mage
    London

Pulling his ball out of his pocket he quickly shaped it into a staff and blocked the strike, "how about you take a deep breath," he told her increasing the oxygen around her, hoping it would help her clear her thoughts.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Arian Black
    The Enchanter
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Arian, being the oblivious man that he was, did not pick up at all that Caster was being sarcastic. "Exactly. First Araxie and now Jude. I swear these mages are just incompetent." Arian sighed and shook his head. "Kritana won't allow it. He'll send back those that weren't meant to die but if they were meant to die they will stay die and Kritana will do everything in his power to prevent people from escaping. That OCD maniac likes to micromanage everything and if so much as one soul slips out of place the man goes berserk."

Madeline Hatter
    London

"Take a deep breath?" Madeline stared at John and laughed, but it sounded like the laugh of someone who wasn't completely sane. "Oh my, you don't know anything. I have thousands of voices screaming in my head at once. They all chant in unison or in discord. Kill, kill, blood, blood, revenge, vengeance, slash, cut, disease, plague, destruction. And they don't go away once I die. No no. I hear them constantly in the underworld. The difference here is that they are so much louder. You can't see her, but I can. I'm fighting her, but she is stronger. She, the personification of my voices, is fighting for control of my body. A deep breath won't help me, John, nothing can help. Not when she's this close to taking control of me."

Suddenly the space next to Madeline opened and Madder stumbled through on his black horse. The portal closed up by in the few second glimpse one could get of New Orleans it looked as if all the locusts were gone and except for all the dead bodies are, everything was back to normal. Madder collapsed on the ground beside his horse and groaned.

"Madeline," he wheezed, "I can't win. He's too strong."

"Brent?" Madeline asked, twitching unnaturally. Madder looked up and smiled.

"Hey. Long time, no see, huh?" he replied softly.

"How are you... what are you doing here? Madder's convinced your part of his soul split off to be with Amy."

"I don't have time to explain. Long story short, I am Madder and he is me, but for right now Madder is insane and I am not. But he's a fighter. How do we stop this?" Madeline was silent for a second before saying,

"You can't."

"You can't?"

"No," Madeline answered with a quiet sigh. "I can barely keep her at bay as is."

"Her?"

"My insane persona. All the mads have one. We don't know how to defeat them. This is my third snap and I can barely maintain what little control I have." Madder's eyes widened and he swallowed roughly before gripping his head tightly.

"Agh he's gaining the upper hand. Madeline! Please help me!"

"I'm so sorry, Brent, I-I can't. I can't even help myself." Madeline suddenly shook as if she had been electrocuted and grabbed her head before snapping back to life. "Now that's better. Madder, wake up. We have work to do."
    / / / / / / / /

Castor Spellman
    Pyramids of Egypt

"Do you just hate every single other Mage in your universe?" Castor asked as he worked.

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    Headed to London
    Affected RPers: @Awasfriend

Dagan did the equivalent of stumbling, but regained his balance. "I would, but the superhumans may get suspiscious if I show up too early."