Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture
    Writing Mage
    Rowan's Home

Araxie paused for a second and opened her mouth to ask Rowan a question but he was gone before she could get it out. She glanced down and fiddled with the bag some more. She wasn't prepared for this! Why had she been so careless? This was all her fault, and now both she and Rowan were being uprooted because people had seen her for what she was. She scanned the room and began to shuffle around, not really sure what to get, but more feeling quite depressed.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"Who? Me? I don't believe that's how my powers work. I can push the body, yes, but flying is a bit past my capabilities I believe," Elisabeth replied simply.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Giza, Egypt

Computers were pretty much a new thing to me considering how long I've been around, but one thing was clear. I knew a cover-up when I saw one. Star Masses Health and their ritzy website made all kinds of claims about being "visionaries for the future" and were "paving the way for a better tomorrow," like I haven't heard that one before. The problem was there was only so much they wanted the public knowing. Obviously the dark and dirty stuff they wouldn't be posting for everyone to see.

Somehow, I needed to dive in deeper, but I just didn't have the techie skills to do that. I needed a bargaining chip for someone who did have those kinds of skills. Of course, I had my life powers, but it was going to be a tough judgment call. Plus, I didn't know all that much about servers, and hosting, and where all this information was on this so-called "database" thing or whatever it was. I was only just learning this stuff.

It came down to finding a human that would know their way around these things. That, and that human would need to be impaired with some kind of ailment or disability that I could cure with Life magic. I also would need to find a Star Masses Health employee that would have inner access, because obviously no company would link up their hidden internal databases with the rest of the internet.

This wasn't going to be easy, but it was better than having no plan at all.

Rowan Summers
    Music mage
    His home, Atlantic seaboard, USA
    Affected RP'ers: @Alphys

Rowan examined his small kitchen. He wouldn't be able to take much, his bag was already mostly full from the clothes and various small things he'd grabbed. He grabbed some bread, some fruit, mainly apples but some others, and a can or two of some various foods. He could just close the bag after stuffing it all in there.

Placing the bag over his shoulder, he headed back into the front room. He stopped however, as his attention was diverted by a sheet of music he'd tacked up to a board on the wall. It occurred to him that he'd have to leave his music behind, his instruments behind, leave Everything behind when he went into hiding. And worse he knew that with the blockers help, their hunters would easily find his home and confiscate or destroy everything.

Taking the music sheet off the wall, he sat down heavily on his couch and stared at it. Missing it already.

Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    New York City

"No? you just need to push harder. Limits are meant to be broken anyway. ah well then. I guess I'll stay grounded feel free to lead the way."

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture
    Writing Mage
    Rowan's Home
    Affected RPers: @Morzone

As Araxie moved almost in a daze around Rowan's house, she noticed Rowan sitting, staring at a sheet of music. The sadness that flickered in his eyes could not be denied. Guilt shot through Araxie like an arrow. She couldn't make him do this. Araxie took a shaky breath. This was her fault, so she had to face the consequences of it alone. She'd have to push Rowan away. Araxie nodded to herself and walked into the room with Rowan.

"Look at you, all touchy feely with that music sheet. It's just some dumb scribbles on paper, get over it. You can just replace it with something later. If you're sad over something as stupid as that then you'll never survive on the road with me. And given you're such a pansy I guess it'll be a load off my shoulders anyway." Each insult that passed Araxie's lips was another twist of the knife she had lodged in her heart the second she had decided to leave Rowan behind. But it was easy for someone who knew Araxie as well as Rowan did that this was just a front, that Araxie was trying to push him away even though she really didn't want to. The way she gripped the bag he gave her, tight yet careful not to hurt it, was the best indication of this. But this was far from the only indicator. The way Araxie would not make eye contact with Rowan, the way her lips quivered as she paused between statements, and the shakiness of her breaths all pointed to her false actions.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"I know my own limits. They are to be respected and in time, with proper training, they can be raised. What you are thinking of is rules. Limits should never be disrespected. I would prefer not to kill myself before I got the chance to encounter a Mage," Elisabeth said quietly.

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Giza, Egypt
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

"Are you in any need of assistance, Life?" Jude asked, seemingly having appeared from nowhere.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Giza, Egypt
    Affected RPers: @Alphys

I didn't have too many leads, and that was a bit for a problem. I could spend months plowing through online phonebooks and that kind of thing and still turn up empty-handed. But thankfully, it seemed Jude had a knack for knowing these things. She definitely had some pretty awesome powers.

"Are you in any need of assistance, Life?" she asked me.

"Jude, let me just start off by saying that I have always loved the way you work," I smiled to her, loving her ways of seizing opportunity the instant it arises by presenting herself. "He's the situation. I need to employ the help of a few humans to get in on the inner workings of this Star Masses Health and how they've created these superhumans. It's all to see if there's a way to pluck those powers out of them and shut down the whole operation. As you already know, I'm not exactly a tech guru here. I mean, I can browse this Internet thing like most humans can, but this software and hardware stuff is beyond me."

That's just how living for generations works. You've acquired so many memories and experiences over the millennia that the new stuff kind of blurs with the old stuff. Later on, once I had the information I needed, I figured I would need to find a few medical experts also. But that was only if the info we got proved the superhuman process could be undone. If it couldn't, I'd need a whole other gameplan, but I figured I would cross that bridge when I got there.

"What I need is knowledge of two people," I told Jude, knowing she could help me with this. "I need a computer hacker expert and a Star Masses Health employee, preferably an employee that has high level database access, but doesn't enjoy his job and maybe gets a little flak from his bosses. Also, in both of these cases, I need someone who could benefit from, say, a little medical help either themselves or close family need that an ordinary doctor can't fix up. Either they or a loved one has a life-threatening disease or crippling disability. If all else fails, maybe even a family member revival if you and Death are okay with that. In exchange for giving me all the juicy details about Star Masses Health and this superhuman process, I lend them my services. I feel it's a solid plan and I want to give it a shot, but I need your help with it."

Ah, reciprocity. That's what makes the world go 'round! In any case, this might help the mage and human relations that Blocker so conveniently ruined. It might also help my own personal opinion of them. Before, I always thought humans were dimwits to some degree, but whenever they did something that I couldn't do, I was impressed.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Giza, Egypt

((Jude's a guy.))

As soon as Tyler began to rattle off his demands, Jude froze time. He needed to fetch something to write this down with. Walking across the room, Jude picked up a pen and pad of paper, then returned to where he was before and resuming time. Jude listened carefully to everything Tyler said, making sure he got every detail and even rewinding time once or twice to make sure he had everything down correctly. Once Jude was sure he had everything correct, Jude looked up from his pad of paper.

"This is quite the demand. The hacker will be easy to obtain. In fact, I might already know just the individual. The employee, however, will be a bit more difficult to obtain. It might take some time." A grin split across the Fate Mage's face. "Thankfully I've got all the time in the world!"

With that, Jude froze time again. What would have probably taken hours to days of work, Jude did in no time at all, literally. When time resumed, Jude no longer held a pad and pencil in his hands, but two sheets of paper.

"Here you are, a hacker and Star Masses employee to the exact specifications you desire."
    / / / / / / / /

Rowan Summers
    Music mage
    His home, Atlantic seaboard, USA
    Affected RP'ers: @Alphys

As Araxie came up and spoke her piece, Rowan trembled slightly still looking at his music, which crumpled as his grip tightened. With each new insult he felt a cold knife twist deeper into his heart. Araxie might simply be pushing him away, but with Rowan's infatuation it hurt at a much deeper level than she realized.

But... deep inside, in a part where no words could, or at least none yet could, break or hurt him, he knew Araxie didn't mean any of it. Mot because of her voice or because of her shakiness, Rowan hadn't even noticed them. No, he knew because this wasn't how Araxie acted. He'd watched her for centuries, secretly enjoying every bit of her personality which he loved. And he knew this wasn't how she acted.

"Galileo was once forced out of home and business for teaching the truth about the nature of the solar system." He said slowly, releasing his tight grip on the music and setting it to the side. Looking up at Araxie he continued, "I'm sorry, I know I can't be sentimental at a time like this. There are more important things than my music here."

Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    New York City

Ironic, considering you're walking next to one Marx thought as they walked through the streets of New York.

"And what's your opinion of these mages you're preparing to encounter?"
    Last edited by Morzone; 08-03-2016 at 04:40 PM.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture
    Writing Mage
    Rowan's Home
    Affected RPers: @Morzone

Araxie felt her breath hitch in her throat when her insults didn't work on Rowan. Part of her had known they wouldn't but she had silently hoped they would because now she'd have to up her venom. But, when Araxie opened her mouth to deliver the next spew of insults, all that came out was a sob. Tears began to flow from Araxie's eyes and she collapsed to the floor, sobbing loudly.

"Rowan, please don't make me do this," she whispered in hushed breaths. "I can't let you come with me. I can't do that to you. You don't deserve such a punishment. I do. I can only imagine the mass pandemonium that will result when they find out all the music and stories we've written. Stories will be bad enough, we can't let humanity lose the sanctity of music too."

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"They are a threat from what I can tell. No one stays hidden for as long as the blocker has said they have existed and doesn't have some sort of ulterior motive. It's just a matter of what this motive is and how we end it," Elisabeth said.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

OOC: Oops. Sorry about that. XD

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    Giza, Egypt
    Affected RPers: @Alphys

Talking to Jude had some interesting moments.

"This is quite the demand," Jude told me. "The hacker will be easy to obtain. In fact, I might already know just the individual. The employee, however, will be more difficult to obtain. It might take some time."

"Oh yeah, I get that," I told Jude casually. "Muddling around with ideas only got me this. Trust me, if I knew of an easier way, I definitely would have gone with it."

"Thankfully, I've got all the time in the world!" Jude grinned.

He suddenly phased in with two sheets of paper, and with just a glace, I saw he had given me everything I needed save for these two people in the flesh. Of course, that part was my job.

"Here you are, a hacker and Star Masses employee to the exact specifications you desire," Jude told me.

"I love how you can take a request like this," I told him with an appreciative smile as I was looking these over, "and just turn it into an art form. Thanks, Jude, I owe you one. This just saved me a ton of time."

He got everything. Names, addresses, family, the exact nature of their medical ailment, and whatever else I needed to make this work. It would mean taking a flight to the United States, but that was hardly a bother if this would dig up absolutely everything we needed as far as information goes. As long as the in-flight movie wasn't that travesty that the humans called Meet the Spartans, I couldn't see what could go wrong.

"I'll let you and the rest of the mages know the details once I get them," I told Jude, just so he could pass the message along in case any of the others asked him about what I was up to. "I don't expect it to take too long."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Giza, Egypt

"I love how you can take a request like this," Tyler told Jude with an appreciative smile as he was looking these over, "and just turn it into an art form. Thanks, Jude, I owe you one. This just saved me a ton of time."

"I mean that's sort of my job, being the Fate Mage and all," he answered simply.

I'll let you and the rest of the mages know the details once I get them," Tyler told Jude, just so he could pass the message along in case any of the others asked Jude about what Tyler was up to. "I don't expect it to take too long."

Jude glanced at a nearby clock and shrugged. "If you want I could save you even more time and just jump you to whenever you need to be. It's not like I can't just jump to whenever I need to be if I'm needed later."

Jude cracked his knuckles and extended his left hand out to Tyler. All Tyler had to do was thing of the time and place he wanted to go, then he and Jude would be sent there instantly. Jude was aware that this would take somewhat of a toll on him energy wise, so he hoped that Tyler wouldn't be using him to jump too much. But it was worth it, at least in Jude's opinion. He needed to branch out before time's threads snapped.
    / / / / / / / /