Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    thanks guys. I love doing the Low Poly art, anyone got any suggestions to how I can switch them up and making them more interesting? Maybe trying some spriting art ideas in them, so maybe making retypes or fusions or something and making a low poly of them?

I want to be doing more stuff as I now have the programs to work with and a really decent (and expensive) drawing tablet so I can do my art as good as I possibly can. Moving to uni has hit me harder than expected because although I love it, I have felt much more anxious and stuff whilst away, so motivation to do much art except for the graphics work for uni has been very low, so hopefully I can change that.
    Since I have been home for Christmas holiday, I have been working on my girlfriend's Christmas present, which is this self portrait of us. It is far from amazing as there are so many flaws in it, but I think it is a decent first attempt as a portrait drawing of people I know instead of it being a drawing created from ideas in my head. My girlfriend turned out the better of the two of us.

Probably going to do a bit of low poly art now, maybe of another sun and moon Pokemon I like, possibly Toxapex or Salazzle if the Sugimori art is out yet.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

More Low Poly stuffs here!
    I wanted to try the retypes idea and as it seems like the Sugimori art is out for all new Pokemon, which is awesome, I have been able to do one of my new favourites, Salazzle.
    I prefer the original Salazzle design compared to my retype, but I also like my retype.
    Here's the original
    Spoiler:

Here's the Retype.
    I used parts from Mega Sceptile, Bellossum, Serperior and Dragonite
    Spoiler:

Can you guess the new type?
    It is:
    Spoiler:
    Dragon/Grass

How do you guys think it turned out? Should I try and do more retypes with this style?

3. This post has been liked by:

O: Coru I love the drawing you did! The woman is particularly good. :D I like her friendly eyes and her hair!

OMG THAT RETYPE IS SO FREAKING COOL. I look at it and I was like "Whaaaa, so cool!" I love it. Nicely done. c:

Sceptile + Serperior + Dragonite + Bellossom + Salazzle fusion turned out awesome! You ought to just draw out a regular version of it. I'd love to see its details like its face and such. :o I am absolutely diggin' the color scheme there. <3

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

I have decided to do something I've called the 'Low poly Calendar' for the whole month of January. I will create one low poly Pokemon every day of January that is randomly selected from a randomly selected Pokemon generator. This is to get me to do art more often and a New Years resolution of mine too. I may do an art calendar every month, with each month trying out a different art style depending on how much time I have.

Coru's Low Poly Calendar: January 1st
    Granbull

Edit: Here it is. Granbull, kicking off the Low Poly Calendar. Look back tomorrow to find out what tomorrow's Pokemon will be.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Coru; 01-01-2017 at 07:22 PM.

7. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Every day? Dang, that's a commitment, but have fun with it!

And great job on the Granbull, but is there a reason why you left the eyes out? Everything else seems great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Every day? Dang, that's a commitment, but have fun with it!

And great job on the Granbull, but is there a reason why you left the eyes out? Everything else seems great, though.
    Yeah, it's commitment that hopefully I can stick too haha, I want to prove to myself I can stick to something though because I have a really bad habit of coming up with really good ideas for me to do stuff and then not following them through because I give up with it.

I don't usually put the eyes in my low poly art versions because it is really fiddly, because you use triangles, the eyes most of the time look quite odd and flat because you can't get the correct shading and shape so I leave out the eyes. It's not too noticeable on some of my others but it's quite noticeable with Granbulls fierce eyes gone, but I quite like having my own little unique twist on them. I may attempt adding eyes in one of my next few and see how they are though. I'm hoping that by the end of this month, there is a noticeable improvement with my style as I will have done 31 throughout the month.

10. This post has been liked by:

Awesome idea. :] The granbull looks awesome. I do so like them. c:

Thanks Xanthe :3

So, the Low Poly calendar continues with Day 2 and todays pick is:
    Coru's Low Poly Calendar: Jan 2nd
    Alolan Dugtrio

Here it is, Alolan Dugtrio.
    Spoiler:

Don't forget to check out my first post with the full Low Poly Calendar!
    Last edited by Coru; 01-03-2017 at 12:20 AM.

13. This post has been liked by:

Another day, another Low Poly Pokemon.
    Coru's Low Poly Calendar: Jan 3rd
    Mesprit

Here it is:
    Spoiler:

Hope you guys are liking this idea so far, are there any more themes I could do for the following months that you can suggest?
    Last edited by Coru; 01-04-2017 at 01:23 PM.