Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Don't ask why, don't ask what I'm doing here, don't ask "HOLY FLYING FUDGE NUTS! Neo is... SPRITING!?"

Let's just say this caught my interest and I decided to tear a major rift in time and space and give it a shot.

I personally think it came out pretty well, but @Speed-X, Immortal Sprite Goddess of Legendary Pixel Prowess, did I pass?
    Great going, Neo! Just make sure that you only use the darkest shades for the lines bordering the background of the sprite! :o Yay, see, this is what I was hoping for: to bring forth people who don't usually sprite by starting a calm, simple, easy spriting project! Now, whether or not it will help bring activity to this section...we will see. xD

Pffth. Oh you. stahp.

Last edited by SassySnivy; 04-06-2016 at 04:08 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Great going, Neo! Just make sure that you only use the darkest shades for the lines bordering the background of the sprite! :o Yay, see, this is what I was hoping for: to bring forth people who don't usually sprite by starting a calm, simple, easy spriting project! Now, whether or not it will help bring activity to this section...we will see. xD

Pffth. Oh you. stahp.

Oh snap, I see where I goofed up. Thankfully, wasn't anything major, but I fixed it up and I think this should be just about right.

And yes, this was definitely a nice and easy-going exercise. Most of the other spriting stuff kind of blows my brains, but I felt a lot more comfortable with this. :)

4. This post has been liked by:

My two flareon. c:

Misdreavus next! And may I reserve suicune, please? :D

6. This post has been liked by:

Of course! That being said everyone, if a sprite has already been done you can do one of the others from any other generation of that Pokemon. I didn't think of that before because I didn't think anyone would. xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

xD I love doing older generation sprites! 8D Often they're fun to mess around with, haha. Misdreavus done! I used the same sprite though because it's the shiny version. c:

9. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Changed up the colors a little bit. I don't think I did any better this go round except that it looks kinda cool with the different colors.

/ / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

11. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Changed up the colors a little bit. I don't think I did any better this go round except that it looks kinda cool with the different colors.

[Potentially harsh] Your palette is very awkward. The outline needs to be the brightest and most vibrant colour. Often it is the lightest, but it's not at all vibrant, which negates the neon effect. Also, the darkest colour should ONLY be on the outline/silhouette of the sprite. I can see that you've got all three shades on that flower, but they should all be the middle shade because it's inside the sprite. Additionally, the green you used doesn't work that well because the main outline colour should be the brightest and most vibrant, yet the middle shade looks like that in yours. I mean, the main outline green is lighter, but it's very faded and not neon, so it doesn't look right. Same with the yellow spots. o:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    [Potentially harsh] Your palette is very awkward. The outline needs to be the brightest and most vibrant colour. Often it is the lightest, but it's not at all vibrant, which negates the neon effect. Also, the darkest colour should ONLY be on the outline/silhouette of the sprite. I can see that you've got all three shades on that flower, but they should all be the middle shade because it's inside the sprite. Additionally, the green you used doesn't work that well because the main outline colour should be the brightest and most vibrant, yet the middle shade looks like that in yours. I mean, the main outline green is lighter, but it's very faded and not neon, so it doesn't look right. Same with the yellow spots. o:
    I was trying to stick with the color palette of Shaymin so I pulled off the main colors from the hedge and everything. The flower and leaves are an easy fix that I can totally change when I get back to this. As for the colors, my computer has a palette suggestion system that literally shows me the next color in the spectrum down and up of it so that's what I was using.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I was trying to stick with the color palette of Shaymin so I pulled off the main colors from the hedge and everything. The flower and leaves are an easy fix that I can totally change when I get back to this. As for the colors, my computer has a palette suggestion system that literally shows me the next color in the spectrum down and up of it so that's what I was using.
    1. Never trust computers. xD
    2. Regular colours won't work with the method, though, which is why Speed had picked specific neon palettes.

I mean, great job for using your own! It's going to have a debilitating impact if it's not neon, though, because the method is centred around neon colours.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    1. Never trust computers. xD
    2. Regular colours won't work with the method, though, which is why Speed had picked specific neon palettes.

I mean, great job for using your own! It's going to have a debilitating impact if it's not neon, though, because the method is centred around neon colours.
    Ah that's true. I'll definitely fix it next chance I get. Haha, I guess this is what I get for experimenting huh?
    / / / / / / / /