Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    But the original idea wasn't mine. I'm just the one that brought it to you guys on New Worlds and let you come up with your own stuff. In fact, you made 90% of the plot.
    Shhhh you helped.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

You bounce ideas off me and I added logic to a fantasy-type story. I didn't help much with it. In any of the three "active" versions, actually.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    You bounce ideas off me and I added logic to a fantasy-type story. I didn't help much with it. In any of the three "active" versions, actually.
    Don't say that. You've helped a lot.
    / / / / / / / /

If you say so.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Today's Daily Literature Quote is…

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne
    ““I wish we could go there!”
    The wind started to blow.
    The tree house started to spin.
    It spun faster and faster.
    Then everything was still.
    Absolutely still.”
    YES!! FINALLY! This is undoubtedly my favorite quote on the list. See, I grew up reading the Magic Tree House versus like Harry Potter or anything and this is by far my favorite children's book series (I've got all the books through number thirty-six I believe and I plan to start collecting again soon).

There's nothing really truly significant or philosophical about this quote. It's more of a nostalgia quote for me. I think it's significant for me though because every time I read these lines, I get sentimental and I feel a rush of adrenaline. I feel my childhood come rushing back and I just can't wait to see what adventures Jack and Annie will go on today!
    / / / / / / / /

I doooooon't know if I read that. x: I read The Faraway Tree, but not this one. O: The quote is cute. <3

Oh my Lord, I love the Magic Tree House. Arthurian fantasy was my childhood; Morgan le Fay was like my witch godmother, she inspired a lot of my early female spellcaster character designs. Reading about them traveling to different points in time was so insightful and I learnt lots of nuggets of the world through the books.

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I doooooon't know if I read that. x: I read The Faraway Tree, but not this one. O: The quote is cute. <3
    Yeah I'm not sure how wide spread the series actually is but if you asked most of the kids in my area they'd know the series so I think it's a very American thing.

The premise of the story is, one day these two kids, Jack and Annie, find a treehouse in the woods and whenever they point to a book and say "I want to go there" the treehouse transports them to the setting of the book. So like, the first book they go to the era of the dinosaurs and in another one they visit Pompeii. It's somewhat informational as well because you learn about that time and stuff in it.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure how wide spread the series actually is but if you asked most of the kids in my area they'd know the series so I think it's a very American thing.

The premise of the story is, one day these two kids, Jack and Annie, find a treehouse in the woods and whenever they point to a book and say "I want to go there" the treehouse transports them to the setting of the book. So like, the first book they go to the era of the dinosaurs and in another one they visit Pompeii. It's somewhat informational as well because you learn about that time and stuff in it.
    Oh, nice! That sounds like every kid's dream. XD I can appreciate it being educational, too. That's pretty cool. :3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Important day in Literature detected…
    RNG rolled…
    Number rolled is nine…
    ERROR DETECTED!!
    Quote list scanned…
    Appropriate quote detected…
    RNG override activated!

Today's Daily Literature Quote is…
    Quote Originally Posted by To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    "Remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.” That was the only time I ever heard Atticus say it was a sin to do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it.
    “Your father’s right,” she said. “Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy . . . but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
    Today is Harper Lee's birthday so the RNG was overridden to provide us with my favorite quote from her most famous book. This quote is extremely significant to the story as a whole because not only is it a reference to the title, but it ties into the plot as a whole. It teaches that you shouldn't persecute the innocent, for they have done nothing wrong, much like Tom Robinson or Boo Radley. Both can be seen as mockingbirds that were shot even though they never deserved what they received. In fact, Tom Robinson is even killed despite his innocence being proven because of the color of his skin. As a result, this quote goes to show that the jury that convicted him sinned because they killed a mockingbird.
    / / / / / / / /