Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    That's very interesting indeed. I find myself silently assessing people based on what they say as well. I think it's a natural part of determining one's character. I love this quote!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    That's very interesting indeed. I find myself silently assessing people based on what they say as well. I think it's a natural part of determining one's character. I love this quote!
    Personally I think what someone says can tell a much better story of their life than what they look or act like. Actions may speak louder than words, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to them nonetheless.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

3. This post has been liked by:

Sometimes you come across something and you read it and it hits home, like in the gut, striking the feels and you're like "Wow, the author really words it exactly as it is and they get me." That sense of relatability and connection is what every writer must aspire to achieve with their craft. I must believe the fantasy you made me live out.

5. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Today's Daily Literature Quote is…

Quote Originally Posted by Ways of Seeing by John Berger
    “You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for you own pleasure.”
    It's not an unknown fact that women are held to a double standard. And if you go to an art museum you're more than likely going to see a woman naked, that's just a fact. And while I will never understand what is so appealing about the female body, it doesn't change the fact that it is objectified. People will stare and cat call when someone with a nice body walks by, but then when a woman looks at herself, it's considered vain or narcissist. I think this is very true in some paintings and sculptures where they purposely put the woman in a position to where she is naked. Then again, I could be looking into this all wrong but who knows.
    / / / / / / / /

That's so interesting. I never thought of it that way. Similarly though, the same could be said for a man looking at himself as opposed to a naked body someone painted of him. I guess the issue here isn't so much a naked body, but one's interest in themselves. I don't know. But it's a really good quote anyway.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

That's so interesting. I never thought of it that way. Similarly though, the same could be said for a man looking at himself as opposed to a naked body someone painted of him. I guess the issue here isn't so much a naked body, but one's interest in themselves. I don't know. But it's a really good quote anyway.
    It makes me think of Narcissist and all the nymphs that were in love with him if you put it the way you're thinking.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    It makes me think of Narcissist and all the nymphs that were in love with him if you put it the way you're thinking.
    Yeah, sure. Why not. xD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah, sure. Why not. xD
    That not what you were thinking?
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    That not what you were thinking?
    Well yeah, narcissism. I didn't know about the nymphs being in love with him; just knew that he loved himself. cx

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well yeah, narcissism. I didn't know about the nymphs being in love with him; just knew that he loved himself. cx
    It varies story to story but there are accounts where he was so handsome that nymphs fell in love with him. They even reference this in Percy Jackson I think.
    / / / / / / / /