Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Pokemon Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Marketing, graphic design, or as a possible fallback, something in IT/database management (although these days, that hasn't been as reliable and now a lot of places expect you to be knocking with a truckload of certifications). The only kinds of jobs I've been able to secure so far are contract-based, which means a staffing agency takes a large chunk out of your pay, you get no benefits, and they can pull the plug on your employment at ANY time (which has happened to me on several occasions, as a manager can lay you off if they don't like the way you combed your hair that morning). I really don't like these types of jobs and I think with an MBA, I really deserve something better, but it just hasn't been showing up.

A lot of company job sites only have listings for director and manager positions. I've been trying to apply to the associate manager/director positions even though it is a bit out of my league, but no luck there yet either. I've also been applying to stuff all over NJ, NY, and PA, and now I'm beginning to think I might even need to go beyond that and be very open to relocation.
    If you're going to relocate, come out to California. It's lovely here.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dratini View Post
    If you're going to relocate, come out to California. It's lovely here.
    I've actually been looking at the rent prices for apartments in places like Fort Worth, TX, Phoenix, NV, and a few others scattered around the country. SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN HERE, and they're better quality also. An apartment that costs $1300 monthly around here had me worried my car was going to get stolen if I stepped out of it. And there are so many bad neighborhoods in NJ (looking at you, Newark, Irvington, Orange, and especially Camden!).

I've never been to California, so I can't really say yes or no, but I do know a lot more of the creative/entertainment fields are over there.

Pokemon Trainer
    I've actually been looking at the rent prices for apartments in places like Fort Worth, TX, Phoenix, NV, and a few others scattered around the country. SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN HERE, and they're better quality also. An apartment that costs $1300 monthly around here had me worried my car was going to get stolen if I stepped out of it. And there are so many bad neighborhoods in NJ (looking at you, Newark, Irvington, Orange, and especially Camden!).

I've never been to California, so I can't really say yes or no, but I do know a lot more of the creative/entertainment fields are over there.
    The areas with the most jobs in the creative/entertainment fields tend to be very expensive in California. Here in Sacramento, prices are fairly reasonable, but it's more government-oriented.

Although, a lot of people commute into the Bay Area from outlying areas which are less pricey. You'd probably be looking at similar prices/crime rates, in the cheap Bay Area-accessible places.

That's a big change in scenery, going to the Mid-West. Those are relatively conservative places, with a more desert-like climate. I don't have much first-hand knowledge, except my Californian friends who've moved out to those areas got culture shock.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I've never been further west than Lancaster, PA. :X

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Administrator

Furthest west I've been is probably Philly. I have traveled east internationally though.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So guess who has somewhat rejoined Prism?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So guess who has somewhat rejoined Prism?
    Sweet! For me, it's my first time, but it's really not nearly as complicated as I thought it was. Plus Speed has been really welcoming with it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sweet! For me, it's my first time, but it's really not nearly as complicated as I thought it was. Plus Speed has been really welcoming with it.
    Yeah I just revamped my stats to look a bit more organized. Sadly, the table tends to move off screen, but it's still much more organized than what I had.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

I didn't think I'd be getting a legendary Pokemon already, but hey, I'm not complaining!

For me, it was a tough choice between Moltres and Articuno. I love 'em legendary birdies.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I have a mew from last year but I also got Yveltal. I'm still waiting for the shaymins though. *side eyes @Speed-X* I want a shaymin. I WANT ALL THE SHAYMINS.
    / / / / / / / /

11. This post has been liked by: