View Poll Results: What Region Should this take place in?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

0 0%
  • Johto

0 0%
  • Hoenn

1 11.11%
  • Sinnoh

0 0%
  • Unova

2 22.22%
  • Kalos

0 0%
  • A Super Region (like Pangea)

4 44.44%
  • Other

2 22.22%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quick question, I looked at the poll and I'm curious, who said Other and where were you thinking of putting it?

And @Awasfriend @Steven_Six thanks to both of you for fixing the stats.

URPG Staff

I did. The thing that I don't like is using an aspect of the Pokemon World in a super continent or even current existing region. The thing about using one is not the fact only they are based on real world locations, they are small. Each region is only as big as a normal country, and even combining the six we currently know would be about or a little bit bigger than Australia. This would work out for awhile, but we aren't in a "general" region. Everything's been devastated by this nuclear war, making basically all standouts about the unique regions nigh except for mountains.

Coming up with your own areas and territory makes everything easier on the GM and roleplayer as they can set up the terrain on their own. You can make unique cities which could be based on other locations rather than being stuck to the normal towns. This leads to more creativity, more world-building, and more choices to make.

TL;DR Avoiding established areas would make it work better and allow more diversity, which in turn leads to an overall better experience in my opinion.
    Last edited by Dash; 05-16-2016 at 07:33 PM.

3. This post has been liked by:

Hmmm yeah good point... Revoting now.
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chara View Post
    I did. The thing that I don't like is using an aspect of the Pokemon World in a super contentinent or even current existing region. The thing about using one is not the fact only they are based on real world locations, they are small. Each region is only as big as a normal country, and even combining the six we currently know would be about or a little bit bigger than Australia. This would work out for awhile, but we aren't in a "general" region. Everything's been devastated by this nuclear war, making basically all standouts about the unique regions nigh except for mountains.

Coming up with your own areas and territory makes everything easier on the GM and roleplayer as they can set up the terrain that is set up. You can make unique cities which could be based on other locations rather than being stuck to the normal towns. This leads to more creativity, more world-building, and more choices to make.

TL;DR Avoiding established areas would make it work better and allow more diversity, which in turn leads to an overall better experience in my opinion.
    I originally voted Unova, but I agree with this and it makes a lot more sense. I think we should go with this and make our own doscoveries and things as the RP progresses. In the process, we create our own region and that sounds like something that would be a lot more interesting.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hm... maybe it can be a mix of both? Like it's based on a giant Pangea but the world has changed so much that there are new locations and stuff?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Name: Minerva *last name here*
    Species: Munna
    Appearance:
    Moves:
    SPECIAL: (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) (At least one point in each, maximum of 10 points in any stat)
    Personality: (optional)
    History: (optional)
    Crush: (optional)
    Other: (optional)

I will be updating this as I go along.
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

Ok, that does make sense, I only included that for sake of leaving a few familiar ruins like in Fallout anyways, but leaving only mountains and the like would probably be better. So that's a vote of 4-3 in favor of Dash's idea at the very least.

I'm thinking maybe take a page from Jan where there may be recognizable mountains and such from all of the regions, and even some unrecognizable ones to allow more than just what there already were in the six main regions. Does that sound alright, @Chara?

I apologize now for the double post, but...

Name: Char
    Species: Charmander
    Appearance: Char stands at 5'7", has a somewhat short tail that has a flame at the end. His fingernails can extend to form claws and his teeth can form fangs when attacking. He normally wears an orange hoodie and blue jeans.
    Moves: Ember, Dragon Pulse, Fire Punch, Metal Claw
    SPECIAL: 7, 7, 7, 5, 7, 4, 3
    Personality: Char is a kind and caring person with a sharp wit and even sharper claws. While he attempts to avoid violence, he's not a stranger to fighting. He isn't the most well received of people, but he will always try to talk first and fight later, even when he knows it won't work. If he doesn't think you're worth his time or he just hasn't decided yet, he'll seclude himself from you, but if he does think you're worth it, he might talk your ear off. Either way, he will try to protect you if possible. If you mess with someone he's closer to, though, be careful.
    History: (later)
    Crush: Open
    Other: Named after a character from a PMD Fan Fiction.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Firstly, sorry for taking so long to post this, and secondly, did we ever decide what region we were doing?

Name: Xie Jade
    Species: Shaymin
    Appearance: Xie is not your stereotypical dainty shaymin. In her land form, her skin is pale while and she has long vibrant green hair that goes down to her calves. Xie also has two flowers on the side of her head and her eyes are a bright jade green. She also has a brand on her right cheek of the number 492, but is very sensitive about people asking about or touching it. She usually wears long blue jeans with black, steel toed, combat boots. Her top is a black t-shirt with a ornate while broken heart on it and a solid black hoodie that she uses to hide her flowers.
    In her sky form, her hair is the same vibrant green, but is styled in a pixie cut. Her pale white skin, jade eyes, and 492 brand remain unchanged. She no longer has flowers on the side of her head, instead wearing a red bandanna around her neck. Xie wears a white tank top with green shorts and white sneakers in her sky form. She also wears green fingerless gloves. Her body is much more muscular and defined in this form.
    Moves: Growth, Seed Bomb, Toxic, Hidden Power (rock)
    SPECIAL: Land Form- 2, 7, 3, 10, 10, 2, 6; Sky Form- 10, 5, 7, 2, 2, 10, 4
    Personality: Xie is a relatively nice person, once you get to know her. On your first encounter, one might find that Xie is very closed off and untrusting. She does not really open herself up to others until she deems them worthy of her trust. She will open up slowly as one hangs around her longer, but any type of delving into her past leads to them falling back to square one. Nevertheless, she does care for others and will not hesitate to save their lives if she is needed. Xie is better off following orders than giving them, but will offer opinion on things whether it is requested or not. However, one thing remains true to her through and through, if there’s a person who has any association with those who run the vaults, Xie will go after them with no mercy. In such a state, Xie cannot think straight, nor can she discern enemies from allies. Thus, she will attack anyone and everyone that is around her until her true target is eliminated.
    History: Xie has a very traumatizing past that causes her guarded and violent personality. Xie was actually born shortly after her parents entered the vaults, roughly 200 years ago. She grew up in the vaults and loved her life, but what she never realized is that her vault was a special experimentation vault. While many legendaries were members of Vault Tec and avoided this ordeal altogether, these dwellers were special, they were pixie legendaries. Thus, they were locked away without much of an idea what was going on. Xie was experimented on quite a bit as she grew up, and while this had some perks, such as her ability to shift between forms without the need for a Gracidea Flower, the cons were much worse. Xie’s parents did not survive experimentation, and neither did many of her friends. Those who did were either taken away or cryogenically frozen. Xie was left alone. She and many others who survived the experiments were branded with a number on their face. Xie realized what was ultimately going on about the time her parents died, when she was thirteen, so she turned to her closest friend, Terri Phay, a male manaphy gijinka. He was in the same situation as she, both parents dead, most friends gone, and branded with the number 490. For whatever reason, despite most of the other dwellers dying or being shipped away, Terri and Xie stayed together. By the time the two were sixteen, they were dating, enjoying each other’s company while they could, and the longer they stayed together, the more they realized their hatred for Vault Tec. Eventually, they began to plot a rebellion, and on the eve of Xie’s nineteenth birthday, they prepared to attack. Still, Terri and Xie were unsure their plan would work, and in the case that it would fail, they decided to spend one last night together. The next day, just as expected, the employees came for Xie. As with all the female experiments, on the day they turned nineteen, they were taken away and no one knew where. No one had resisted before, but Xie was not going down without a fight. Terri and Xie actually made it pretty far in their plan, with almost all the other experiments joining in on the rebellion. Sadly, they were unsuccessful. Just as Xie and Terri were about to reach the open doors with several other experiments, they were all frozen with a strong psychic attack. The last thing they all saw was the door shutting before they were all put to sleep by a hypnosis attack. Xie woke up an undetermined amount of time later in a very cold container. She tried to smash up against the glass, but it was a pointless effort. However, her banging drew the attention of the next cell’s occupant, Terri. The two merely stared at one another as the realization set in that they had failed, and now they were going to be placed in suspended animation. They were not given long, as the air rapidly cooled around them. Terri could see how scared Xie was, and, before the cold fogged over his tube, Terri offered Xie a big smile, which she reciprocated. Then, everything went dark. Xie woke up over a century later, the final pod to be opened it seemed. Upon checking the logs in her vault, she saw that all the other subjects from the vault had been frozen as well. They were either dead or had been released. It was in these logs that Xie noticed Terri had been released only a few months before she, but while her escape was recorded as “remote release”, suggesting someone had released her from a Vault Tec headquarters, Terri’s was recorded as “manual release”, giving the impression that he had either escape himself or some employees had come to take him away. Now, escaping the vault with only a pistol and knife to her name, Xie’s ultimate goal is to find Terri, save him, and exact her revenge on Vault Tec.
    Crush: she could possibly be convinced, but you’d have to convince her Terri’s not worth hanging on to.
    Other: Due to the fact that her land form naturally purifies the air, Xie is relatively unaffected by the pollution or radiation in this form. However, she can only stay in her sky form for a limited time, since the purification process does not occur in her sky form. In effect, the longer she stays in her sky form, the more sickly she becomes and the longer she has to stay in her land form to make any sort of recovery, if at all. It should also be noted that the vault logs did not give a proper date, so Xie has no idea how much time has passed since she was frozen.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Well, then... That was interesting... Accepted.

And I believe that we're going with the idea of a Pangea with very few recognizable characteristics, but I'm unsure because the person who was trying to help me with world development and the like hasn't replied yet.