Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 2DS?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You want something that big go get an iPad. There's nothing that makes me wanna buy it.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    I don't know. I still probably won't buy one until I hear about a 2DS game that I like coming out. If they ever make 2DS exclusive games.

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Maybe this is a subtle admission of failure? I mean, Nintendo is more aimed at kids than the other big gaming companies (in my eyes at least), but the 3DS's 3D functionalities aren't recommended for children under 6. Kind of a screw up on thier behalf.

Now that I think about it, I might just get myself a regular 3DS instead. Better size, and easier to carry around. Just gotta wait until I get some money haha.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Maybe this is a subtle admission of failure? I mean, Nintendo is more aimed at kids than the other big gaming companies (in my eyes at least), but the 3DS's 3D functionalities aren't recommended for children under 6. Kind of a screw up on thier behalf.

Now that I think about it, I might just get myself a regular 3DS instead. Better size, and easier to carry around. Just gotta wait until I get some money haha.
    Maybe that's part of the reason they made a 2DS. Then again, you can turn off the 3D...

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Maybe that's part of the reason they made a 2DS. Then again, you can turn off the 3D...
    Thing is, how many kids will. You gotta remember, these are 6 years and under we are talking about. They will want the 3D and not really care if it says six and up. As well as parents these days don't have half a crap to give. 10 year olds are allowed to play 18+ games.

Thing is, how many kids will. You gotta remember, these are 6 years and under we are talking about. They will want the 3D and not really care if it says six and up. As well as parents these days don't have half a crap to give. 10 year olds are allowed to play 18+ games.
    This is a good point as well. Then, maybe Nintendo made the 2DS aware of that. However, I couldn't see them making it JUST for that reason.

My Links

Senior Moderator

It would also be the price, and people who just don't want the 3D in general. I would love a 3DS for the wifi capabilities and new games. The 3D doesn't appeal to me too much, however now that I think about it, I would choose a 3DS over a 2DS. I like being able to carry my DS in my pocket (assuming the pocket iis big enough), and would hate not being able to do that.

It would also be the price, and people who just don't want the 3D in general. I would love a 3DS for the wifi capabilities and new games. The 3D doesn't appeal to me too much, however now that I think about it, I would choose a 3DS over a 2DS. I like being able to carry my DS in my pocket (assuming the pocket iis big enough), and would hate not being able to do that.
    Instead of releasing a firmware update that implements a child lock on the 3D option for the 3DS, they instead develop an entirely monotonous, unreasonably bulky downgrade in order to make more money.

Yeah, it is kind of big. But I don't mind really, I never put my DS Lite in my pocket anyways.

I feel like this idea is stupid to people who have a 3DS, and awesome to people to people who don't have a 3DS.

My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I feel like this idea is stupid to people who have a 3DS, and awesome to people to people who don't have a 3DS.
    Eh, maybe. I think that even if I didn't have a 3DS, I wouldn't want a 2DS. :/

I just... don't get... why it doesn't... fold... *collapses in the sun*