Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Aaha aww the onix with a Christmas hat is adorable. I love flaaffy too. :D Nicely done. Might I enquire about your preference for lineless art? O: (I remember trying it a long time ago and it was difficult. xD)
    Uhhhh I think it's just because I started out lineless on my trackpad? Early on I did do lines a lot but I got criticized for them because trackpads don't have pen pressure capabilities so to avoid that I just went lineless and it was easier to stick with that once I changed over to a tablet! Also several of my favorite artists online have very cute lineless art as well and I liked the style better. Lines to me feel a bit clunky to deal with outside of the initial sketch.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Uhhhh I think it's just because I started out lineless on my trackpad? Early on I did do lines a lot but I got criticized for them because trackpads don't have pen pressure capabilities so to avoid that I just went lineless and it was easier to stick with that once I changed over to a tablet! Also several of my favorite artists online have very cute lineless art as well and I liked the style better. Lines to me feel a bit clunky to deal with outside of the initial sketch.
    Fair enough. :) I just find it quite difficult so I commend you for doing it. xD But I agree; lines can be clunky and aren't easy to get looking smooth.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Fair enough. :) I just find it quite difficult so I commend you for doing it. xD But I agree; lines can be clunky and aren't easy to get looking smooth.
    Hey and that's fine! From what I understand people who are used to using lineart find it more difficult so I just kinda dodged that bullet in a way. But as a result, my linearting skills aren't very good. I plan to work on that in the future.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire