Thread: PXR Bible Study

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

PXR Bible Study

[CENTER]
    PXR Bible Study
    I have been thinking for a little while of starting a Bible Study here on PXR. My main reason for that is that interpretations and translations vary between people, especially when they are on different sides of the planet, in different cultures, taught by different people. I am interested to see what the same people can get out of the same universal text. I also find that it would be a good way to find what I would like to read based on what others do, and to be able to see what we study from all different angles.

Rules:
    ~This is open to everyone. If you don't believe in God but want to understand the opinions and background of the Bible, this is probably a good place to do that. You might be pleasantly surprised. This isn't an attempt at a conversion center, but a way for people to understand it more. I see a lot of people spreading misunderstood and misinterpreted sections of the Bible, and it kills me. All that is asked is that you show respect towards others, even if your opinions do clash.
    ~If you find yourself wanting to still discuss a previous weeks chapter, especially if it is with just one person, please do so via VM or PM.
    ~For the sake of consistency, please note which translation you use when quoting verses.
    That's it (Unless I think of more)!

Name:
    Why do you want to join the Bible Study (No wrong answer. More a curiosity thing to help with picking what we study than anything else):
    Favorite Bible Book (If Applicable):

Bible Study Members:

2. This post has been liked by: