Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Well I think proposing that a team can have only a certain number of people competing in a section. I also would like to propose the possibility that a small team of maybe less then 10 people can be given double points for thier small number of people? I think thats only fair and evens out the turf while people can still join where they want. :D

Just my proposals.

-Brandon
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

2. This post has been liked by:

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Historically it's not the biggest team that always wins. It's the team that's most active with the most active strong members that win. Last year's Team Awesome wasn't the biggest team in the war either. Further back TMA had been legit a threat despite having a very limited selection body count (mostly just mods), but with everyone being active and good to keep it a big threat.

So ya. Want your team to win? Get more active. Get your buddies to be more active.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

4. This post has been liked by:

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    I think I need some sort of clarification here because asking the people I do know in WAR have told me what the deal is, but other than that, I'm not really following.

It's my understanding that the only things you do with friends in WAR, at least in terms of events, is the WAR RP. Everything else in WAR is done on an individual basis and is therefore judged accordingly. It's also my understanding that you technically don't have to be in the same team to do things with your friends in the WAR RP. If this is the case, why is there so much emphasis on being on teams with your friends? I understand people want to do that, but I'm not really understanding why there's so much emphasis on it when it seems like it doesn't really matter in terms of events since you can still technically do things with your friends.

I think I just need to understand this because it's not really making sense to me that the only thing people do as a team in WAR is the RP and therefore they want to be with their friends, yet you can still do the WAR RP without your friends being on the same team as you.

I'd also like to take a moment to apologize for any comments that may have been construed as attacking another team earlier on. I was not trying to make anyone feel guilty for joining a larger team, I was only trying to provide (probably awful) solutions to an issue at hand instead of coming in here and complaining and not offering any sort of solution. I figured a bad suggestion for a solution was better than none at all.

lets be honest, who wouldn't want to join team trainer with that banging first post?

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    @Felly, I certainly get that I don't need to be on the same team as the people I like in order to do fun WAR things with them. This is also my 15th or so WAR, so I've had a lot of time to develop that wisdom. Not everyone is that patient or understanding. People generally treat their team as their secret club. Historically, people who have been forced into a team other than the one they wanted (through a draft or other means) usually didn't participate or really have any fun and have cited either a lack of friends on their team or a lack of caring about the team itself as a reason.

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    Which is interesting because the times rusty and I weren't on the same team we still had a lot of fun butting heads. When I wasn't disconnected of course. I had a lot more fun playing on the same team though. Was my first try at evil, and honestly, I liked it. Not as a longterm thing, but still.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

How many of you have been personally victimized by large teams?

10. This post has been liked by:

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    Drafts take away choice from people. I was in a draft one war when it was tried, and let me tell you, even when people had put their first, second, and third preferences those teams were often full or others had more priority. I was lucky to get on the team I wanted, but drafts almost always take away choice.

Unfortunately I lost my internet access that year and couldn't help my team for most of the event, and I feel like my spot was wasted.

A celling system almost works, but as has been said people just wait for their favorite to open up or don't join at all. There's ways to have every good intention muck up.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

I wasn't even planning on arguing for a change in the WAR system. I only posted when I saw people attacking those with concerns for "attacking the larger teams", "causing drama", and "ruin[ing] this for new members", and made what started off as an attempt to explain one side to the other and ended up being a statement of frustration about what amounts to being told to sit down and shut up because none of what you say matters. What I see is a hostile community aided by those in power disregarding any actual complaints and taking them as attacks, and frankly it's killing any enthusiasm I have to try to hang around.

For some of us, this is our first attempt to leave our little sub-community and try to get along. We say "Oh, we have a small problem with this thing and would perhaps like to discuss making it better at some point," and the first response is "Stop attacking us". This is the first thing outside of the sub-community we see on this forums, and frankly it's discouraging to say the least. I would have been fine (and was expecting) a "We can't do this this year", not a "Your concerns are nothing and you don't deserve to say anything", and frankly this was the worst experience to come into Crossroads with, and I wouldn't be surprised if much of us, me included, didn't stay here much longer.

Senior Administrator

I want to go ahead and apologize to everyone for the lack of communication and any lack of understanding we may have caused. It's not our intention to hurt or ignore others and I apologize for any of the issues. We definitely care about what everyone has to say and we're sorry if we came out sounding like we didn't. We're also sorry for any attacks that may have occurred. I think I speak for everyone when I say that our goal is to sponsor a fun event. We're currently failing on that front, but I believe we can do better.

I also want to go ahead and apologize to members who are feeling pressured because of the drama of all of this. I believe the drama is partially our fault and I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. We didn't handle this as well as we could and I'm sorry for the trouble we've caused.

The issue is difficult to find a solution for, of course. If there was an easy one that we could all agree on, I'm sure we would have come to it by now. As it is, I think there is no one perfect answer. I am glad that we're discussing it and communicating. The War Leaders have spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and they're no closer to a solution than we are. As Lord Celebi (rust) said, they definitely want to figure out what to do and are happy to discuss it with everyone.

Again, I want to apologize on behalf of the PXR Staff for any insults or slights. As owner of the site, this is ultimately my fault and responsibility and I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused you. Thank you very much for your patience and thank you for your understanding. I hope you guys can forgive us for our errors.

14. This post has been liked by: