Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Martin Vickers
    Pachirisu Gijinka
    Outside of Rustwall City
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii @Flowey

Martin had a lot on his mind, trying to mentally prepare himself for what would happen in the days to come. However, he was suddenly approached by a Ditto gijinka with a neon green shirt and green shorts while having a pink-tinged skin tone that dripped every so often. Accompanying him was a Shaymin gijinka with pale skin and green hair while she wore blue jeans, black combat boots, and a black t-shirt covered with a black hoodie. From what Martin could tell, she seemed to be having a lot of trouble breathing and she was holding onto the Ditto gijinka to prevent herself from collapsing.

"Sir," the Ditto gijinka addressed him as they approached. "Do you know where we can find a doctor in the city? I could use some supplies."

Martin was just about to show them the way to Doctor Morgan's office when suddenly the Shaymin gijinka had collapsed and tumbled into the dirt. Martin suddenly gasped, not realizing the situation was so critically serious.

"Sir," the Ditto gijinka addressed him again. "I need you to get a doctor and tell them she is bleeding internally and her lungs are filling up with fluid."

"I-I'll be right back," Martin told him. "I know just the guy, he should be able to help."

Martin ran back into Rustwall City as the Ditto gijinka did what he could to buy as much time as he could. Suddenly, Martin's mind was racing, trying to remember the quickest way back to Doctor Morgan's office. In the meantime, the whole situation with his impeding EvoTox mutation was no longer on his mind at all.

Martin charged back into Doctor Morgan's office, knowing every second counted. When he spotted Morgan, the doctor was not surprised to see him again, but he didn't realize it was for a whole other pressing matter.

"Doctor Morgan, it's an emergency!" Martin told him, trying to explain things as quickly as possible. "There's a girl outside the city and she's bleeding internally!"

"Let's go," Morgan replied, quickly grabbing his medical kit and doctor's bag. "Lead the way."

The two of them headed back toward the city entrance. Martin personally wished he could help more, but he simply didn't have the medical knowledge and skills to help the Shaymin girl. In the meantime, Doctor Morgan had some idea of what would need to be done, but he would need to get a quick examination of the patient.

When both of them had arrived, Doctor Morgan had caught sight of the gijinkas and quickly knelt down to examine the Shaymin gijinka's medical situation. He hadn't seen too many cases like this before, but he had a feeling the physical trauma was brought on by some kind of cryogenic procedure. He positioned the Shaymin gijinka on her back, administered two Stimpack injections as close to the affected site to speed up the body's natural recovery process, and then unzipped his medical bag.

During the twenty minute span in which Doctor Morgan had used a wide variety of medical tools, anti-infective agents, and chemical injections, Martin felt a bit helpless, only wishing there was more he could do for the girl. He was also very anxious, not sure if she was going to make it, but he was hoping for the best for her.

But then, after some time, Doctor Morgan nodded.

"She'll be okay, but she's going to need to rest," he told them as he began to put away his medical tools after finishing the operation. "I don't recommend she walks for at least three days. She can rest in my recovery room at my clinic, but she needs to stay low and not do any heavy walking for at least a few weeks."

Martin breathed a sigh of relief, glad to know the girl was going to be okay as long as she took it easy.

"Thank you, Doctor Morgan," Martin said thankfully. "You saved her life."

"We're not out of it yet," Morgan replied, looking at things realistically. "I still want to monitor her vitals during her recovery period. These kinds of ailments can sometimes be unpredictable, so we need to be cautious."

Martin nodded. Shortly after, Martin and Doctor Morgan had taken the Shaymin gijinka to the clinic's small recovery room by a makeshift stretcher. After gently placing her on the bed, Martin looked at her, wondering where she came from and what exactly happened to her...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Xie Jade
    Shaymin Gijinka
    Vault 110
    Heading towards a town
    Affected Rpers: @Flowey @Neo Emolga

Everything happened so quickly in such a blur for Xie. Taylor suddenly had his hand down her throat and at first Xie panicked, but she quickly realized it didn't feel like she was suffocating. Taylor must have been draining the fluid in her lungs and helping her breathe. Xie could hear him apologizing but she shook her head slightly, signaling that it was of no consequence to her.

Suddenly the Pachirisu was back with a doctor. The doctor had her on her back and began to administer medicine after medicine. Xie's vision kept going in and out, with her pain sensors firing every so often when she received a shot or something else. Xie grimaced, trying to stay conscious but it was becoming increasingly difficult. Her senses were dulled and any sounds were just garbled noises. At some point, she fell unconscious, and awoke again sometime later. It was all so confusing for her, but at some point Xie just stopped caring.

"She'll be okay, but she's going to need to rest. I don't recommend she walks for at least three days. She can rest in my recovery room at my clinic, but she needs to stay low and not do any heavy walking for at least a few weeks."

Xie's breath hitched in her throat. No, that couldn't happen. She had to find Terri. She had to find him at all costs. She couldn't just rest for a few weeks. Terri could die in those weeks! But Xie was too weak to resist the two carrying her back to the clinic. She waited until they put her down before trying to get up immediately. Sure, surgery had just been performed on her but her advanced healing had to count for something, right?

Xie pushed herself out of the bed and tried to get to the door of the room but as soon as she put weight on her legs, Xie collapsed and hit the floor somewhat roughly. She swore loudly and coughed, pushing herself up with shaking arms. She could see the door, just like before she had been frozen, tempting and taunting. It was humiliating! Xie tried to drag herself towards it, but she just did not have the strength to get there.

"Dammit!" Xie yelled, slamming her fist against the floor. "No, no! This can't be happening. I can't... I can't..." Xie punched the floor several more times before dissolving into tears. "Terri, where are you?" Xie tried to push herself up again but it was no use. "I need to find him. H-He could be hurt or worse." Xie could feel the splinters in her fist as she punched the floor. "I can't already be done in. I just got out and..."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Taylor
    Ditto Gijinka
    Vault 82
    Rustwall City
    Affected Rpers: @Neo Emolga

"How much will this cost?" Taylor asked Doctor Martin, "I don't have much, but I can work off the debt." This had to be expensive perhaps he could do jobs all over the town. He could but that would take forever. On top of the cost Taylor felt as if it was his fault she was in there. He knew she had exerted herself, yet he didn't check for injuries. Then he let her walk, he didn't know what he would do if she died before finding her friend Terri.
    Last edited by Awasfriend; 09-30-2016 at 04:29 AM.

Senior Administrator

Martin Vickers
    Pachirisu Gijinka
    Doctor Morgan's Clinic, Rustwall City

Martin was alarmed when the Shaymin girl had tried to get to the door, but collapsed and fell upon the wooden floor, hurting herself again in the process.

"Dammit!" she yelled. "No, no! This can't be happening. I can't... I can't..."

She burst into tears, calling out for someone named Terri and about how she needed to find him before something happened.

"Relax or you're going to hurt yourself again!" Martin pleaded with her. "First of all, who is Terri? You need to recover, but maybe your friend and I can go out looking for him. If you just give me your name, I can try to see if anyone has found him or heard of him. But I'm sure whoever he is, he wouldn't want you to kill yourself trying to find him!"

Martin figured it was the best course of action. The Shaymin girl was in no condition to be walking around, but she seemed extremely upset about being unable to find Terri.

"How much will this cost?" the Ditto gijinka asked Doctor Martin, "I don't have much, but I can work off the debt."

"These medications don't come cheap," Doctor Martin confessed. "I need the 500 caps, and I can't take anyone without medical knowledge to work off the debt. I'd go out of business if word got around I made exceptions or payment alternatives. Someone else in town might offer you temporary employment, may offer you a loan, or may be willing to barter. Understand that I can't be setting new precedents."

"Let's work out something together," Martin told the Ditto gijinka. "It's 250 caps if we split it. That's a lot more manageable. Maybe someone in town has a job that they'd be willing to pay for."

In times like these, while Martin would have liked to help someone simply based on generosity, he needed to pay for the girl's medical treatment. Becoming some kind of mercenary wasn't exactly what Martin had been hoping to become in life, but he was willing to do it if it helped this girl recover.

"My name's Martin, by the way," the Pachirisu gijinka introduced himself to the ditto gijinka with a hopeful smile. "Martin Vickers. I originally came from Vault 62 but..." Martin said before looking grim with a bit of hesitation, "well, let's just say a lot of bad stuff happened there so now I'm here. But that's all water under the bridge. Let's help your friend and see what we can do about paying off her medical bills."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Xie Jade
    Shaymin Gijinka
    Vault 110
    Heading towards a town

"Relax or you're going to hurt yourself again!" Martin pleaded with her. "First of all, who is Terri? You need to recover, but maybe your friend and I can go out looking for him. If you just give me your name, I can try to see if anyone has found him or heard of him. But I'm sure whoever he is, he wouldn't want you to kill yourself trying to find him!"

Xie paused and rubbed her nose. This pachirisu was right. Terri would not want her to be fretting over him. He'd also be so mad at her for breaking down into tears like this. She was his tough girl. Xie wiped her eyes and took a deep breath, forcing herself to collect her emotions. This was just a minor setback. She would find him.

"You're right. He would be so upset with me if he saw me like this. His name is Terri Phay, he's a manaphy. He's got the softest smile and he wears his hair in two pigtails that come from the back of his head, like this." Xie bunched up her short hair as best she could to imitate the hairstyle. "My name is Xie Jade, the last survivor from vault 110. From the records I could salvage from the vault, it appeared that Terri exited the vault months ago, but how he got out I don't know. And from the looks of the vault, it appears I wasn't ever supposed to get released." Xie glanced at the floor. "I have to find him. He's... Terri's tough, we both are, but he's like a glass cannon. I'm worried that without me to back him up he might've... he might've..." Xie took a deep breath and composed herself. "I'm just worried. What I have witnessed since my time waking up has caused me to become unsettled by everything. I have witnessed cockroaches ten times their normal size that were vicious, attacking anything that moved. And I have faced off against with what appeared to be a mutation of a chameleon of sorts, but it was hideous, and my bullets had no effect on it. I managed to out run it but if not for that I would likely be dead. And since I was the tougher of the two of us, I can only imagine how Terri might be fairing."
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 09-30-2016 at 04:45 PM.
    / / / / / / / /

Taylor
    Ditto Gijinka
    Vault 82
    Rustwall City
    Affected Rpers: @Neo Emolga and @Noblejanobii

"Pleasure, to meet you Martin. That's nice of you to offer, do you have any idea where a general store is I have some pre-war money I can sell for caps." Tyler examined Martin's DNA which was a roller coaster it looked like his genes were fighting each other, but he figured Martin didn't want to talk about it and he didn't feel like pushing it.
    "I'm sure he's fine Xie, if we do go on a mission we'll ask about him alright?"

Senior Administrator

Martin Vickers
    Pachirisu Gijinka
    Big Bob's General Store, Rustwall City

It was risky, but Martin was considering bartering the 10mm pistol and all of the ammo he had for it to at least make headway toward getting his share of the 250 cap debt needed for Xie's operation. In the meantime, he needed to find Terri Phay, the manaphy gijinka. Xie's description of him would help a lot when asking around, but it was still unknown what direction he took from Vault 110. If he had left months before her, he could be anywhere by now, but he was hoping some way or another, they'd find a lead.

After meeting Taylor, the objective now was to find a general store that would be willing to barter goods for caps. Martin still wasn't very familiar with Rustwall City, but he was almost certain they could find a place like that.

Martin decided to lead the way through town to find any place that might be willing to trade for caps. He was pretty sure the 10mm pistol and the three dozen rounds he had for it was an item that someone was bound to want. In fact, he really didn't like the idea of giving it up, but he needed something to pay for Xie's treatments.

Eventually, he found a store that was called Big Bob's. It was made up of the same rusty metal sheets that the rest of the town was made up of, but he decided to walk on in and see what he could get out of what he owned.

Like most of the wasteland stores, all of the merchandise was used and definitely not in mint condition. Some of it was in better shape than others, but in general, everything was pretty much less than pre-war garage sale quality and condition. Martin had decided to go up to the counter and encountered the store owner himself, a heavy-set, grizzled bearded man in his early 40s. Martin could still from the look in his eyes that he wasn't here to make friends. Haggling cap value might be difficult, but he figured he could try his best.

"I have some items to trade for caps," Martin told him, getting straight to business as he could tell from the man's composure, he didn't want small talk to waste his time. "10mm pistol, three dozen rounds. Only fired a few times, good working condition."

"We test fire all firearms to make sure of that," Bob told him. "What else do you have?"

Martin emptied out the remainder of his belongings, including the last few pieces of jewelry and electronic equipment he found back in the ruins of Sunnydale Town. He felt a slight unsettling feeling about just handing all of the things he had spent the last few days obtaining, but if he didn't do this, Xie was in big trouble.

"170 for everything," Bob offered.

"The pistol is a guaranteed sale with markup," Martin countered. "I'm certain you'll definitely sell it to someone else in this city within the next three days, if not today. As for the jewelry, you might need to hold it in stock for a little longer until someone with big pockets comes along, but someone eventually will. And the electronic equipment barely takes up any space. There's enough people out there that would need the components for whatever project they have going on. So I'm curious as to how you got to only 170 caps."

"Listen, kid, I don't like hagglers," Bob replied, giving him a glare. "170."

"200," Martin counter-offered. "I doubt it benefits either of us if I need to check out prices for whatever else is around town."

Bob sighed, realizing Martin wasn't going to make this easy. And as he thought to himself, he was definitely right about the 10mm pistol. He knew that if he came across Tanner's in downtown Rustwall, he might go with his deal instead and he'd end up losing out on the pistol, which was in near-mint condition. That alone he might be able to resell for 200 to the right buyer if he marketed it correctly.

"Fine, kid, here," Bob replied, putting 200 caps into a bag. "I don't know who you are, but don't make this a regular thing. It's annoying."

"Thank you, sir," Martin smiled politely.

"Yeah, yeah," Bob replied, brushing him away. "Go on now."

With that done, Martin had most of the money needed for Xie. There was just that matter of securing the last fifty caps. He could try to find someone in town that might need a job done, which for fifty caps wouldn't be too difficult.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Xie Jade
    Shaymin Gijinka
    Vault 110
    Heading towards a town

Xie nodded a little at Taylor's reassurance. She tapped her foot, trying to think over any other things that would indicate Terri to them. Then it hit her and she slapped her forehead. How could she forget? Their brands would be dead give aways! At the thought of the brand, Xie's cheek began to sting. She ignored it for now, the pain long having become nothing but a nuisance there. Xie tried to call out to Martin and Taylor, but Martin was already gone. So be it.

"Taylor!" Xie signaled him back and gestured to her cheek. "He should have something like this on his cheek. Except it will be a 490. They're the branding system our vault used. I doubt anyone else has anything like it, so if they've seen a man with a 490 on his cheek, that is probably Terri." Xie reached down to her belt and unclipped her gun. She held it out to Taylor. "Try to barter with this too. It's been used quite a bit from what I can tell, and there's less than a round left but it might be worth something."
    / / / / / / / /

Taylor
    Ditto Gijinka
    Vault 82
    Heading towards a town
    Affected Rpers: @Noblejanobii and @Neo Emolga

"That would help identify him faster, are you sue about selling your weapon? You might need it when you get back on your feet. I have some things to sell, and a few extra job don't bother me, so I think you should keep it." He told her before heading after Martin, who just finished bargaining with the keeper. "Hello sir," it was always good to be polite and greet someone, "would you ming telling me how much I could get for five bundles of pre-war cash?" He knew it wouldn't be worth much to anyone other than collectors, but every bitt helped.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Xie Jade
    Shaymin Gijinka
    Vault 110
    Rustwall City
    Affected Rpers: @Awasfriend and @Neo Emolga

Xie watched as Taylor left. She stared down at the pistol in her hands and sighed. Great, now she was in debt to both the boys. At least if Taylor had taken her gun she would have had some collateral. Now she had none. Xie laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She was still trying to process everything that was going on. This would was so different than the one she had been taught about. Then again, she had been in cryo-stasis. Obviously some time had to have passed from when she was put under. How long had they said cryogenic work usually lasted before people put under ran a high risk of dying? Ten years? Xie sighed and shrugged mentally. She couldn't remember, but if it was ten years, then it was not that long of her life gone. Maybe some of her other vault mates were out there too. Xie was not sure she would be happy or terrified to see them though. It would really depend on who it was.

Xie put her hands behind her head and started to think over the situation at hand. Her main goal right now was to locate Terri. He had left the vault months earlier than she had and could be anywhere right now. But surely someone had seen him. Xie bit her lip and tapped her foot against the end of the bed. If she were Terri, what would be the first thing she would do when released? It would depend on the scenario, but given context clues, Xie figured that Terri was probably released by Vault Tech and taken away. He would probably have tried to escape first unless they were using her as collateral. He would take in and memorize his surroundings, trying to find a way back to rescue her. If he worked for Vault Tech now, was it possible he might have worked in this town?

"Uh... Doctor Martin?" Xie called, "I have a question."
    / / / / / / / /