Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Well Dari was....interesting. I'll get back to her soon enough. For now...

We need to have a talk with Prat. I think we know a lot about Daz, but what about this other farmer? Let's see what Prat knows or how they act when I press them.

I interview #43. Prat the Heliolisk. Asking I'll ask them about their farm and their relationship with Daz. Then I ask if they know anything about the bloody shears.
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Pokémon Type (Electric)

You come to Prat's home where he's simply sitting in a chair on the wooden porch, sipping a cup of Oran Cider. He doesn't seem too overly concerned about anything, and despite the fact it's pretty clear from a first glance that the wheat field needs to weeded and there's work to be done on the house, especially a new coat of paint, Prat doesn't seem to care too much.

You introduce yourself to him.

"Eric, huh?" Prat shrugs, smiling a bit, but still kicking back in relaxation. "So, uh, wut's the occasion?"

You ask Prat about his farm and his relationship with Daz the Dragonite.

"Ah, well, I jus' have a wheat field," Prat smiles. "Wheat's outta season anyway, so I'll take care of 'em weeds... maybe in the Spring. Unless Tashy feel like doin' it. But she usually don't care."

"Eh, Daz does 'is own thin' an' I do mine," Prat tells you, taking another sip of Oran Cider. "He's jus' a grumpy ol' git who makes friends one day, goes changin' his mind, an' leaves 'em out to bake the next. I never really was friends wit 'im, though. I met 'im in town jus' the other day an' he was jus' givin' me dirty looks an' all. He don't trust me an' I jus' don't care."

You then ask Prat about the bloody sheers.

"Never seen those before," Prat tells you, looking a bit surprised. "Ya'll think one of 'em Stalkers used those? I mean, that's prob not beyond 'em, but I sure wouldn't wanna be kill'd wit' somethin' like that. If ya ask me, I'd say whoever used 'em had to have a good reason for ownin' 'em in the furst place. Dem's heavy duty sheers, an' I'll be, sure wouldn't need somethin' like that fer jus' plain ol' wheat."

"Ya'll let me know if ya wanna chat 'bout anythin' else," Prat tells you, taking another sip of Oran Cider before shutting his eyes. "Jus' don't go wakin' me up if I'm asleep, now."

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    OK, I wasam going to talk to Zick, but honestly I just feel like searching places right now, something low-tension. Let's hit up #19, Doctor Rulend's Home.

Hello, Deputy Zick. Err, we're still recent here and we don't know everyone who's died. It might help to know a comprehensive list of Stalker Deaths, if you have one and we could have it.

Also, while I'm at it-what do you know of Adis? He seemed awfully active since the Stalkers arrived, from what we've heard.

...Oh, and I just thought of this, but I heard there was a watchman you tried to use to stalk out Non, the one who does the drowning? Who was the watchman, again? Sorry for so many questions, I fear that you might get on their hit list in a bad, bad way...
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Pokémon Evolution Stage

You find Zick at the police station, still contemplating the situation regarding Bendra's death, but he takes a moment to speak with you.

You ask about the list of deaths related to the Stalkers. He nods, digging through his large pile of notes on his desk and thrown about.

"It's a little disorganized and don't mind the chicken scratch, but here's what I have," Zick shows you.

SHADEFETCH (Decapitations): Klad (Excadrill), Nawl (Croconaw), -Unknown- (Unfezant), Bensy (Farfetch'd), Takir (Farfetch'd), Mincy (Cinccino)

UNDONE (Eyes impaled, mouths lacerated): Ketter (Nidorino), Kinka (Swanna), Peesh (Pidove), Yassa (Vivillon), Cina (Chansey)

NTH (Creations): Domin (Vigoroth), Jass (Linoone), Fedder (Skiddo), Pash (Kecleon), Nulan (Mawile)

KOAX (Throat slitting, hearts removed): Dari (Pidgeot), Rustan (Charizard), Farsal (Panpour), Lavis (Frogadier), Doland (Watchog)

EPITAPH (Crushing): Pari (Infernape), Rem (Chimchar), Urst (Snorunt), Adis (Delphox), Nart (Quilava), Tissy (Ledyba), Vaw (Murkrow), Bendra (Garchomp)

NON (Drownings): Laxor (Machop), Burd (Magby), Kass (Purrloin), Vrall (Pawniard), Munit (Diggersby), Jabby (Tailow), Savis (Cubone), Husen (Teddiursa), Pulsis (Timburr)

"Now, these are just the known cases that we actually found and know of," Zick tells you. "Some of these folks used to live in the apartment buildings, were roommates, had homes of their own, were friends visiting from out of town, might have been staying in Serenity Town in the hotel, and everything along those lines. We had plenty of NTH and Epitaph victims that we still have no idea who or what they were, nor did anyone report them missing."

"I guess it doesn't help that Pash the Kecleon was the one who had the papers regarding where each of these Pokémon was from originally before we found his burnt skeleton just outside the hotel," Zick tells you. "His work passed to Nart, who had trouble working with the incomplete case files before he got killed by Epitaph, and I got them dropped on my back. So I've had to work with only bits and pieces of the findings. If there's a mistake in there, trust me, it wasn't intentional."

Zick sighs, knowing it must be a lot for you to take in. You ask Zick about the watchman sentry that was supposed to be overlooking the pond. Zick nods, and points to Munit's name on the list.

"Munit the Diggersby was the cop I had assigned to be a sentry," Zick tells you. "He lived at Sleepy Valley Apartments, right across from my own apartment, before all of this happened. Without a doubt, Non is pretty extreme. Look at all those dead kids! The Serenity Town school barely has any students left! We did our best to try and stop Non and Munit was pretty observant, but according to his reports, he didn't notice anything suspicious. He told everyone that came by the pond to keep out as he kept a lookout for Non. For a while, things seemed to be working, but then he turns up drowned in the lake. My only guess was he had talked to Non unintentionally and never even realized it. And since Non wanted to keep drowning kids, Non got rid of Munit."

"I just don't get it," Zick sighed, looking downcast. "Munit was a good cop and he knew what he was doing. Same thing with Nart and Pash, and now they're gone. Our entire police force now just has only two members left. It's just Adom and myself and we're barely able to control the situation!"

"As for the Stalkers coming after me, well, I wouldn't be surprised," Zick tells you. "Trust me, I don't do anything at night and I'm back in my apartment before the sun goes down. I used to love the nightlife, but trust me, that's not important enough to me to risk my neck at night. Thankfully, Sleepy Valley still has quite a few Pokémon around, so I'm never alone. Gloan is a jerk, but he definitely doesn't let anyone in after hours. He at least cares about security."

"I just wish I knew who Munit talked to," Zick looks away, wincing with regret. "Non had to be someone he just didn't suspect..."
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 10-15-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

Time to search! I wonder if I can get the...dirt on this lizard's farm. Hurhur.

Search (27) Prat's Farm.
    You head to Prat's Farm and start searching around the house.

From what you can tell, Prat and his wife Tashy would be Casha's worst nightmare. They're lazy, they leave a lot of clutter, junk, and garbage around the house and it looks like neither of them care enough to clean up after themselves. Dishes have piled up in the washtub, dust bunnies are scattered about, the windows are fogged with dirt and grime, and there is an old, musty smell throughout the house.

Prat and Tashy sleep in the same room, but there is a vacant room that the two of them have devoted simply for storage. Or in their case, wall to wall junk. You figure it would take days to clear everything out, and the problem is Prat and Tashy just seem unconcerned about it. Tashy also doesn't seem to be around very often either, leaving Prat to just loaf on the porch drinking himself to sleep.

When you check around the exterior of the house, you find what appears to be a white, stone flower that almost escapes your scrutiny, next to the back door stairs. You nearly mistake it for being a house ornament, but ironically, the fact it's clearer than the rest of the house separates it enough for you to figure out it's not a part of the house at all. You pull it off and see that the white, stone flower has an inscription on the back:

"For Life buds beautifully like the budding flower."

You take the stone flower with you, feeling as though it doesn't belong here and needs to go someplace else...

Item: [White Flower Stone] has been added to the Team Inventory.

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Hrm...interesting. It's only helped so much but it'll probably be important as time goes on.

I'll search 43a: Ryne's Farm Workshop.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Interviewing 11. Rike the Spearow

Hello, there! Are you a student? If so, can you tell me anything about your classmates at all? Did you know any of the ones who were found drowned?

Also, did you ever come across Munit guarding the lake? If you ever saw him with someone at all like students, or any parents who seemed like he trusted? Anyone who kept coming back and talking to him?
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 10-15-2016 at 02:12 AM.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'll search #43c Ryne's Farm: Berry Patches

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Interview #14 Jurak the Haxorus
    Interview Rapport: VERY POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Pokémon Type (Dragon)
    +1 Shared Pokémon Evolution State

You find Jurak, the principal of Serenity Town School, heading home from school. You introduce yourself to him, and you can get the idea from his mannerisms that he is a very strict, authoritative, and no-nonsense kind of Pokémon. As you could imagine as a kid, detention in his office must be pure hell. You seem to have a good first impression on him, but you almost shudder to imagine what he might be like if you didn't.

"Hello, Anthony," Jurak addresses you with a seemingly neutral expression. "What did you need me for?"

You explain your situation trying to get to the bottom of figuring out who the Stalkers are, and how you've volunteered to serve as a private investigator for Serenity Town. Jurak nods, and it seems like he's willing to help.

"As morbid as it may seem, I know we have someone targeting our school children," Jurak informs you. "There's been many, many drowning cases, and the classroom sizes have practically been cut in half because of the sheer number of casualties. Now, I'm no forensic analyst, but I can't understand why anyone can't figure out what's going on."

He tries to recall some of the incidents that happened before you arrived.

"We thought the first case was simply a horrible accident," Jurak recalls. "Laxor, a delinquent Machop, was found dead at the pond. We mistook it for a swimming accident or something of that nature. Then Burd the Magby was found dead there, followed by a Purrloin named Kass. We first thought these were swimming accidents and we tried a recreational safety and awareness program, but then it was clear something else was going on. These were no accidents. These were murders."

"Now, something about these first cases seems to link together," Jurak tells you. "Laxor, Burd, and Kass were definitely not the nicest Pokémon. Trust me, I've had to deal with them on a personal level and Laxor and Burd were on the brink of being expelled for their unacceptable behavior toward both their classmates and their teachers. The rest were mildly abusive, all the way leading up to the latest incident involving Pulsis, who wasn't even that vile of a Pokémon. But because of all this, we've contemplated shutting school down for the rest of the year until this matter is resolved."

"Rike and Kash, despite being two deplorable Spearows that were even worse than some of those other children, somehow haven't been targeted," Jurak informs you. "We thought the pattern to killing off bullying Pokémon held true, but they're an outlier. They would have turned up dead with the first group if this theory held true. I don't want to see either of them die, but why would a Stalker killing all of these other children spare them? My only thought is simply because they never go near the pond, nor are they alone. They're usually with Saren the Rufflet, who just wants to fit in and make friends, and they seem to have some kind of friendship with Sonta, one of the teachers. But that's a whole other issue."

"That's all I know at the moment," Jurak tells you. "All of these drowning incidents happened outside of school hours, so my knowledge about what happens around Serenity Town outside of school aren't things I am completely aware of, but this is what I do know."

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    OK, umm, I don't think anyone's searched (29) Shawl's Cafe yet, so I'll search there.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Well, since it just kind of got passed by and I feel like its important, I'd like to interview 47. Shawl the Bibarel.
    Interview Rapport: NEUTRAL
    +1 Shared Pokémon Type (Water)
    -1 Super Effective Against (Fighting vs Normal)

You find Shawl, the owner of Shawl's Cafe, just outside of his restaurant. You approach him and introduce yourself. The expression on his face seems to be one that tells you he used to be a very jovial Pokémon, and his pained smile clues you in that he is really hurting inside.

"Well, hello there, Dash," Shawl addresses you. "How are you?"

You tell him about the investigation looking into the Stalkers. He nods, but it seems to be a subject he's had a lot of trouble talking about lately.

"It's hard to be... me in a time like this," Shawl tells you. "You see, I used to love waking up and greeting each new day. I used to laugh with my customers, talk about how things were going with them, and it seemed everything in life was perfect. And then... this all happened."

"My business is dying, my entire restaurant staff has been killed, and now I'm... I'm more alone than ever before," Shawl explains. "I don't know where I'm supposed to go from here."

"Adis kept telling me things would be okay," Shawl explains to you. "And I really thought he had things under control. I offered to help him, and he gave me something he wanted me to hold onto for safekeeping. Well, I still have it, but..."

Shawl fidgets a bit, looks to you, and nods before he goes back into his restaurant, pulls something out of a cabinet, and gives it to you.

"I guess... there's nothing left to lose by giving this to you," Shawl tells you, handing you a silver candle. "Normally, I would have only given this back to Adis or to someone he really trusted but... well, the number of Pokémon that fill those roles has dropped to almost nothing. I guess there's no harm in giving it to you, since I can't use it and it'll never be used for whatever it was supposed to be for sitting in my cabinet."

Item: [Silver Candle] has been added to the Team Inventory.

"I keep telling myself things will get better," he sighs. "Well, at least part of me does. The other part just, well, thinks maybe I'm not supposed to make it through this. And there are times at night when I just lay in bed, restless, and all of a sudden I miss everyone..."

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    "All right, thank you." Lita replies, pocketing the silver candle.

She then continues to (19) Doctor Rulend's Home--maybe some medical evidence would help?
    You come to Doctor Rulend's home with the intention of trying to find as much medical evidence as you can. From the outside, the gray-stone house seems normal, although isolated in its own spot in town with vacant lots on all sides, save for the park which begins behind it.

The exterior of the house seems normal, although it seems strange no one ever built anything within close proximity to the house. There is some plausible thought that no one wanted to be living too close to him due to his natures. Still, you don't find anything around the property that would insinuate that there's something suspicious going on.

You check the interior of the house and find there are many journals, medical textbooks, and the like. But one thing you find that most Pokémon don't seem to know about is his love for puzzles, which might also explain his life desire to be a doctor. In some areas of his house, you find word searches, crosswords, and brain teasers, as well physical puzzles involving blocks, rope, and the like. During your investigations, you find one of the familiar ivory bowls here in plain sight, with a note of "Adis" and nothing more. You decide to take it, although it seems unusual considering all of the other ivory bowls that were found were slightly hidden. It almost seems Rulend didn't believe there was much worth behind the bowl.

Item: [Ivory Bowl] has been added to the Team Inventory.

You then come to Rulend's home office, where his medical journals are. Many of them are regarding treatments, medical practices, and the like, but you do find a more recently-used journal that is on the top of Rulend's desk.

Entry - 10-4
    Subject: Officer Nart, Quilava

Officers Adom and Zick have requested my assistance in determine cause of death with some of the more recent "Stalker" cases. They attempted to get my assistance with the previous victims, and while I was able to give them a general cause of death, the bodies were far too decomposed to make a full medical evaluation. Not to mention there were far too many and my medical staff is limited.

Officer Nart was one of the more-recently killed victims that Deputy Zick claimed was murdered by "Epitaph," a known "Stalker" alias. Cause of death was difficult to determine with the body wholly destroyed, but the level of bodily damage easily indicated "Epitaph" didn't just want the victims killed. They wanted them destroyed beyond all reclamation, linking to a type of psychological profile that "Epitaph" is acting out some kind of fantasy of violence. Zick's reports of "Epitaph" claiming these Pokémon were "just meat," implies a psychological state that simply killing these Pokémon was not enough, and that wholly destroying them was part of some additional objective.

Officer Nart was crushed with a heavy, blunt like object, though I was able to discern that the initial cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head. Reading Nart's case file indicated that Nart had several accreditations and was highly decorated as a police officer in the force.

Entry - 14-7
    Subject: "Epitaph" Prognosis Evaluation

After further research into the records of "Epitaph's victims, I have discovered my original conclusions aren't what I had anticipated. To perform the kinds of murders that "Epitaph" has done, it would take an extreme amount of indifference for both the sanctity of the Pokémon's body and the value of a Pokémon's life. It is clear that the killer's desire is beyond the kill itself and that some byproduct is necessary for some unknown objective. Wanton and complete destruction of the remnants may be the killer rendering judgment upon what they feel is "unneeded" byproduct of what the kill what originally intended for.

The nature of the victims almost implies randomness, so I was able to rule out that there is any selective killing going on besides killings of opportunity. With the signature of "just meat" as a pattern to what is usually found at the crime scenes, I have concluded that "Epitaph" is not concerned with who is killed, but what they're killed for.

When I examined the bodies, I noticed certain parts were missing and not accounted for even among the crushed components. It leads me to believe these parts were removed prior to the complete destruction of the body while the remainder was wholly destroyed as "just meat," perhaps implying that the remainder is of no use to them. This means only certain components of the bodies hold value, but I cannot determine why there would be perceived value in these particular missing body parts and organs. My only conclusion is there is some other intention for these "raw materials" while the rest are judged by them to be "just meat."

You flip through the remainder of Rulend's journals, but most of it reinforces what was already stated in the Prognosis Evaluation.