Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Char is drooling over all this mention of Kingdom Hearts stories <3 I really like that SSB approach too! Sounds like amazing sauce to me! :D And, ya know, I'd be more than happy to help you with Fire Emblem~<3 *has recently gone insane for FE as indicated by avatar*

@Sabi: Lolz~ That sounds cool, though, too! You guys have reminded me of an old RP idea that I had that I wanted to turn into a fan-fiction of sorts. I always thought it'd be interesting to do as kind of a multi-author thing where people could just write their own stories in the setting I presented in that RP. Like, a veeeery extensive RP but you use your characters only. Or something. But IDK xD

But hmm... You've guys have given me some serious thought. Maybe I can pull off this apocalyptic weirdness xD

Anyhoot, welcome Sanctus! You know what? You're an awesome person. I'm sending ya a friend request xD

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    I'm working on a Megaman X fan fiction right now because SOME COMPANY... is not giving them proper attention that they need. Despite the fact I have only played a total of two MMX games, read a bunch of books
    Which games and which books (I didn't know there were Megaman books o_O)? I'm curious as to where your inspiration is coming from. From the MMX series, I think I played mostly X4-8. I believe I remember X5 most vividly from when I was 10 and would visit my friend's house and we'd stay up all night playing MMX, Gundam, and watching anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
    @Sabi: You know, Megaman's probably one of those games I really should look into xD The new SSB game has really piqued my interest ^^ That's interesting with the visual thing :o I wish I had the artistic ability to make a visual of my characters--the most I can do is make a map xD (and that's a must for my stories xDDD)
    When I heard that Megaman was going to be a character in SSB, I anticipated in vain the use of the Legends Megaman. They may still make him available when you change his outfit (doubt it), but even if they do he won't be in the cutscenes. :/ Of course, that Megaman has gone the way of no return, probably. Capcom scheduled a trilogy to the series a couple of years ago for release on the DS and cancelled it. What nonsense!

Since Sanctus mentioned his KH fic, I'll mention mine too.

My KH fic is set in another world and is based on a fictional lore I made about when Light and Darkness were completely neutral parties and fed into one and other. [I like being different and I heard enough DARKNESS DARKNESS, DARKNESS jokes as it is.] Before one was designated good and one was evil. I'm not sure where its set but I'm probably going to write it pending what happens in KH3 since I was going to have it for after KH2. However since I take forever to write things and I can't make up my mind on how to develop things in my head, it gets to wait until my MMX one is done and after KH3 comes out and I've played the ever living hell out of it.
    Besides that, I'd be very anxious about speculating further than DDD in a KH FF. I thought about it but I was concerned that whatever I came up with, the third installment would make my fan fiction look horrid. Your idea will give you a lot of creative freedom though. Interested to see what you'll do with it.

Char is drooling over all this mention of Kingdom Hearts stories <3 I really like that SSB approach too! Sounds like amazing sauce to me! :D And, ya know, I'd be more than happy to help you with Fire Emblem~<3 *has recently gone insane for FE as indicated by avatar*
    I do have a cousin who has played the games (and wants me to play, which I intend to, but another RPG will have to wait for a moment) who has offered to help me, but I could send the chapters that have Marth and Ike to you for your review before I post them.

@Sabi: Lolz~
    "Darker darkness DARKNESS!" xD Yah. We get it. Riku's dark.

Unrelated, but this is a funny one. The ending kills me.

You guys have reminded me of an old RP idea that I had that I wanted to turn into a fan-fiction of sorts. I always thought it'd be interesting to do as kind of a multi-author thing where people could just write their own stories in the setting I presented in that RP. Like, a veeeery extensive RP but you use your characters only. Or something. But IDK xD
    :O That was a pretty sweet script! I especially like how you started it off with a quote from the Xehanhort reports.

Anyhoot, welcome Sanctus! You know what? You're an awesome person. I'm sending ya a friend request xD
    ;D Great to be here.

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    Which games and which books (I didn't know there were Megaman books o_O)? I'm curious as to where your inspiration is coming from. From the MMX series, I think I played mostly X4-8. I believe I remember X5 most vividly from when I was 10 and would visit my friend's house and we'd stay up all night playing MMX, Gundam, and watching anime.
    I've played X8... on easy... and Megaman Zero and ZX... yeah I am not good at them. The books I speak of are the Complete Works books with all the development information for the Megaman X [the book I have anyway] games from 1 to Command Mission to Maverick Hunters and Extreme and everything in between. That's where I got most of my information from. Also there is a Megaman Zero manga. The Manga is a horrible excuse for literature and is held responsible for murdering trees. However this review of it makes me laugh EVERY single time.

When I heard that Megaman was going to be a character in SSB, I anticipated in vain the use of the Legends Megaman. They may still make him available when you change his outfit (doubt it), but even if they do he won't be in the cutscenes. :/ Of course, that Megaman has gone the way of no return, probably. Capcom scheduled a trilogy to the series a couple of years ago for release on the DS and cancelled it. What nonsense!
    Don't even get me started on Legends 3. Don't. Crapcon.... oh--no Sabi, no tangent for you. No. Crapcon has been killing off poor Megaman for awhile. They promised us at least the demo of what they had done, but did they deliver? NO. I'm glad Nintendo did SOMETHING GOOD with poor Megaman. Archie comics has been doing a hell good job with the comics. I heard they may do spin offs [mmxplsplsplsplsplsarchie] if they get enough feedback. Nintendo just needs to buy Megaman. Or Sega. One of the two. It's not like Crapcon has no evidence that people don't want to buy Megaman [Especially MMX] because you try to buy an X figure online from D-Arts? ALWAYS SOLD OUT. Or on eBay for $200+ US/Canadian when regular retail price is $80.

Also I just realized you and I are on the same side when it comes to MML 3. You get friend request. Right now. /highfives

Besides that, I'd be very anxious about speculating further than DDD in a KH FF. I thought about it but I was concerned that whatever I came up with, the third installment would make my fan fiction look horrid. Your idea will give you a lot of creative freedom though. Interested to see what you'll do with it.
    Its basically looking into what happened way way way way back a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away ways into the beginning of things. Dare I say its an origin story. DDD gave me more to work with via how my original character involved in said story got some of the things she has. Hoping 3 does the same thing since I stray a tad from the 'heart' theme and go into more 'well wtf happens in the background?' details. Also that Keyblade MAsters can unlock whatever they want. So I'm thinking 'well sure okay, but things that go through locks aren't always simple... what if someone mediated what goes in and out of something that was once locked?' Thus BAM. Fanfic idea started and it went from there.

Ahahahahahaaaa!

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

I've played X8... on easy... and Megaman Zero and ZX... yeah I am not good at them.
    I remember the X series giving me a pretty hard time at the bosses, and a couple of annoying places where you have to time your jumping. I swear I know people that manage to go through those like it's nothing, but I have been known to spend up to an hour on them at times. XD I have an amazing will for the first 20 minutes. But around the 20 minute mark I sigh, slouch, and grow disgruntled until 40 minutes later, I pause the game to return hours later after my blood pressure goes back to normal and do it no problem.

All that just to say that there are some games that I just suck at, but I guess gaming isn't always about being good. Unless it's a fighting game, haha. I get annoyed and pretty childish when I'm horrible at a fighting game.

The books I speak of are the Complete Works books with all the development information for the Megaman X [the book I have anyway] games from 1 to Command Mission to Maverick Hunters and Extreme and everything in between. That's where I got most of my information from. Also there is a Megaman Zero manga. The Manga is a horrible excuse for literature and is held responsible for murdering trees. However this review of it makes me laugh EVERY single time.
    Ugh! They did THAT to Zero?! That is... pathetic... >_< Hilarious review though. Actually makes me want to get the manga because it's so bad it's funny.

Don't even get me started on Legends 3. Don't. Crapcon.... oh--no Sabi, no tangent for you. No. Crapcon has been killing off poor Megaman for awhile. They promised us at least the demo of what they had done, but did they deliver? NO. I'm glad Nintendo did SOMETHING GOOD with poor Megaman. Archie comics has been doing a hell good job with the comics. I heard they may do spin offs [mmxplsplsplsplsplsarchie] if they get enough feedback. Nintendo just needs to buy Megaman. Or Sega. One of the two. It's not like Crapcon has no evidence that people don't want to buy Megaman [Especially MMX] because you try to buy an X figure online from D-Arts? ALWAYS SOLD OUT. Or on eBay for $200+ US/Canadian when regular retail price is $80.
    Megaman Legends was a huge part of my childhood. I never owned it, I rented it at the Blockbuster. And it was never there because I always had it. It was the second game I ever beat after Pokemon, and I knew the game inside and out without a walkthrough because of how many hours I put into it. If I had learned about the intended release of MML3 prior to its cancellation, I might have actually shed a tear to have the anticipation destroyed.

I agree with you that they should sell Megaman. It's such a beloved, longrunning franchise. Why do nothing with it?

Also I just realized you and I are on the same side when it comes to MML 3. You get friend request. Right now. /highfives
    /highfives

Its basically looking into what happened way way way way back a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away ways into the beginning of things. Dare I say its an origin story. DDD gave me more to work with via how my original character involved in said story got some of the things she has. Hoping 3 does the same thing since I stray a tad from the 'heart' theme and go into more 'well wtf happens in the background?' details. Also that Keyblade MAsters can unlock whatever they want. So I'm thinking 'well sure okay, but things that go through locks aren't always simple... what if someone mediated what goes in and out of something that was once locked?' Thus BAM. Fanfic idea started and it went from there.
    I thought of doing an origins story, but I'm just baffled at the prospect of it precisely because of certain things you mentioned, mainly the lack of a distintion between light and darkness. I'll be cheering you on though. You have a lot of time to think on it before KH3 is here, and of course KH3 will make the job a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I would love to try and write a Pokemon fic but I don't want to just do the standard Trainer goes off on their adventure. But I'm not sure what I would want to try and do with that.
    I've reflected on this some. Here's something that might help you with a creative kickstart aside from the fine choice of writing it from a Pokemon's perspective as has already been suggested. I made a cursory list of different Pokemon occupations:

Gym Leader
    Elite 4
    Scientist/Breeder (and here you could have a specialty in different types)
    Police Officer
    Nurse/Doctor
    Villain Team Grunt, Admin, or Leader
    Radio Show Host
    TV Reporter

For prewriting, you could take the ones you like and create a branch and combine some. One that I came up with could be taken in a humorous direction: an indie radio show host who also happens to be the leader of a villain team.

Senior Moderator

I'd like to join, if it's not too late

I do have a cousin who has played the games (and wants me to play, which I intend to, but another RPG will have to wait for a moment) who has offered to help me, but I could send the chapters that have Marth and Ike to you for your review before I post them.
    Coolio! Yeah, you should totally do that, cuz I'd love to read what you have! ^^

Huh. I can't get that link to work for me for some reason. My computer is being ebil right now, though :/

:O That was a pretty sweet script! I especially like how you started it off with a quote from the Xehanhort reports.
    Aw, thanks! Glad you liked it! ^^ I srsly should do more with that idea, though xD

;D Great to be here.
    And we're glad to have ya! :D

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I'd like to join, if it's not too late
    Noppers! I'm glad you hopped in, actually! :D Welcome to the group, EmeraldSky! :D

Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    In other news, I just created a Google Drive folder entitled 'freaking write u bum'. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to give myself the metaphorical kick to get writing? I have plans, but for me the beginning is always the hardest part, and neither of my two current projects want to have beginnings. If someone could supply advice I would be quite indebted.

This is semi-related because storytelling, but does anyone have any experience with graphic-novel type things? I have an idea in my head for a short one and it would be helpful to have someone who knows what they're doing to bounce some stuff off of.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

xD That's an awesome name xDDDD Well, from my NaNoWriMo experiences, I know something that might help? Maybe? They have "Word Wars"--which is to see who can write the most words in a certain amount of time. We could do one of those in this group ^^

Man, I wish I could art. But my art is fart. So can't help ya there xD ASK SABI *pokes* :3

I need to chase down some of these old writing tips I've found online and share them on here; maybe they'll be helpful. Maybe xD Although, if any of you find some, feel free to share as well! ^^

Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Ooh, that sounds like a good idea. I'd be willing to participate! Some sort of motivator is just the thing I need.

It's not artistic so much as dialogue and pacing choices. Artistic stuff I'm 90% sure I can handle, but since the comic is so short, getting everything through while maintaining a cohesive flow and good pace is going to be an issue.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.