Thread: Love

Love

What is love to you?

Love to me shouldn't have to be restricted to a romantic or sexual relationship. I should be able to love my friends just as much as partners love each other, even if it's a different kind of love.
    I think love is a desire to make someone else happy, even if it's at your own expense. Because there's nothing like seeing your friend or partner or sibling smile or laugh. Because even if you can't spend all the time you want to spend with them, having just a minute with them makes up for the hours you spent apart.
    I don't think gifts should come into the equation, or physical contact. You should just be able to hear it in the way two people talk to each other or see it in how comfortable they feel with each other. I'm not talking about peppering the language with affectionate lovey-dovey nicknames or finding an excuse to touch each other every moment, though that might count if it's how those people show genuine love. But trusting and respecting someone, and knowing what will make them happy, or doing your best to make them happy.

3. This post has been liked by: