Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sequels?

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Sequels?

After it's released, Let's Go is likely to become one of the Switch's most popular titles, so it's possible that a sequel could end up being developed. Do you think it'll happen? If so, do you think we'll go through each region? How long do you think the wait might be? What mascot Pokémon do you think they'll use for each generation, if that's the route they take? There's a lot of possibilities for Let's Go sequels, so if it ends up being a popular spin-off franchise, there's a lot that could be discussed. :)

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Senior Moderator

If they make sequels. I can really only see Pikachu and Eevee being the mascots for each. Pikachu being the mascot and them using the thee to push Eevee out as the co-mascot to the series. It could even follow each region in order. Maybe they would even use another Pokémon or two to just help push the hype for the region. Like the Pika-clones and such. Meaning Pokémon like Emolga could have bigger roles in Let’s Go Pikachu and such. It really is interesting to think about.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

Emolga needs a whole game.

I dunno, I don't really see these kinds of games getting sequels. I can see Generation 8 games coming to Switch in due time, but unless these sell like gangbusters, it just seems unlikely.

But yeah, I don't think there would be a Let's Go Pichu and a Let's Go (I don't even know who would Pichu's counterpart would be) for Johto. I would sooner think they'd just do Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee 2 for some other region if they decide to keep the train going.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Now that you guys mention it, just going Pikachu/Eevee 2 is probably the way they'd do it. That's a bit of a shame really, because it'd be nice for other generations' mascots like Togepi, Marill and Riolu to reclaim the limelight. What's strange is that they don't really get seen in much new marketing anymore, even when some of the other baby Pokémon do in Togepi and Riolu's case. :(

I'd love to be able to explore the other regions, though, esepcially if they wouldn't be getting second remakes otherwise. What does upset me a bit about Let's Go is that, like ORAS, it'll be ignoring some of the additions the later games made to the region, particularly the Sevii Islands. :'(

Spoiler:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    After it's released, Let's Go is likely to become one of the Switch's most popular titles
    Honestly, as cool as I think these games will be, I'm not sure about that. I've heard a lot of negative opinions as well as positive ones about these games. Is it bad that I don't think it will sell as well as previous games, and not have sequels?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Honestly, as cool as I think these games will be, I'm not sure about that. I've heard a lot of negative opinions as well as positive ones about these games. Is it bad that I don't think it will sell as well as previous games, and not have sequels?
    It's not bad at all, and to be honest it's not completely unfounded. I think that even some people expressing negative opinions will end up buying the game because it's Pokémon. They mightn't have sequels, but I do think they'll at the very worst sell competently for at least until the next main series generation comes out. :)

Spoiler:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    It's not bad at all, and to be honest it's not completely unfounded. I think that even some people expressing negative opinions will end up buying the game because it's Pokémon. They mightn't have sequels, but I do think they'll at the very worst sell competently for at least until the next main series generation comes out. :)
    Oh I'm sure. I don't think they'll be flops by any means, just not destined to be the best games in the series. In my opinion, of course.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Since these games seem to be designed for newcomers and people who have not played Pokemon besides the Go app, it seems unlikely they'll get straight-up sequels. However, if they do receive sequels, this is what I would want the versions to be:

Johto/Gen 2: Let's Go Magby! and Let's Go Elekid! (Gen 2 was when breeding and baby Pokemon were introduced, so it seems fitting that the partner Pokemon would be babies, plus the Magmar and Electabuzz lines have always had this sort of rivalry going on, making them imo the best candidates for starters of Let's Go! versions of Johto)

Hoenn/Gen 3: Let's Go Numel! and Let's Go Carvahna! (In a shocking twist, the Hoenn Let's Go games will have you play as a rookie member of Team Magma or Team Aqua, with the respective starter fitting being the first stage of your respective boss's signature Pokemon. The game will be about beating the rival Team.)

Sinnoh/Gen 4: Let's Go Riolu! and Let's Go Buneary! (Lucario is indisputably THE mascot for Gen 4, so obviously its pre-evolved form has to star in this type of game. Buneary was chosen because its line was honestly the closest I could find to a Riolu/Lucario counterpart, what with both Pokemon evolving only once via happiness and both having Fighting-type Mega Evolutions)

Unova/Gen 5: Let's Go Zorua! and Let's Go Mincinno! (Just like Lucario is Gen 4's mascot, Zoroark fills that same spot for Gen 5. Mincinno is there because it's sorta like a Normal-type Pikachu)

Kalos/Gen 6: Let's Go Tyrunt! and Let's Go Amaura! (These two appear to be the most popular of the fossils, and they certainly have the most unique typings, so I thought it'd be interesting.)

Alola/Gen 7: Let's Go Vulpix! and Let's Go Sandshrew! (This time Alolan Forms are your starters. Vulpix seems to be the most Popular Alolan Form, so it only seemed natural to go with Sandshrew for the other version, as they're counterparts already)

Feel free to add any suggestions, people!

EDIT: HOLY EFF I MADE A HUGELY STUPID MISTAKE I'M SO SORRY, I ACCIDENTALLY GAVE KALOS THE ALOLA POKEMON WTF IS WRONG WITH ME??? Anyway it's fixed now.
    Last edited by Arrow-Jolteon; 09-01-2018 at 01:19 AM.

9. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Honestly it's weird if you look at it from a "viewer" standpoint. The trailers to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee have had more views to these than the Sun&Moon had. It sure seems more popular in that aspect. So there's really no telling just how popular or good these games will actually be. Just that alone though. The trailers for the Let's Go games....having so many more than Sun and Moon series. That's incredible in itself. Though the Sun and Moon series weren't all that popular I'd say anyway. At least from my perspective and opinion.

If there were sequels and using Arrow's list.

Gen 2/Johto: Sounds good, seeing how closely they rival each other. It's just knowing how they like to milk certain things they'd probably end up going with Pichu and Togepi since the popularity is more there. Especially from the anime.

Gen 6/Kalos: This is where I see it pretty tricky. I wouldn't see them using any from previous gens as starters. Even as their Alolan forms. It'd be at least "something" from that particular region. Like Goomy and Pancham. They'd seem sorta more fit, but I don't see any super popular Gen 6 Pokemon without a legendary/mythical status.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Honestly it's weird if you look at it from a "viewer" standpoint. The trailers to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee have had more views to these than the Sun&Moon had. It sure seems more popular in that aspect. So there's really no telling just how popular or good these games will actually be. Just that alone though. The trailers for the Let's Go games....having so many more than Sun and Moon series. That's incredible in itself. Though the Sun and Moon series weren't all that popular I'd say anyway. At least from my perspective and opinion.
    Yeah, making my list was pretty hard since the only non-Starter and non-Legendary Pokemon that is around the same level of popularity as Pikachu and Eevee is Lucario, which I make note of in my list. So yeah, there's definitely some reach, and I did consider using Pichu and Togepi for the hypothetical Gen 2 versions, but ultimately decided against it because Pichu is just way too redundant with Pikachu and wanted to have some variety. Also, I just noticed I made a HUGE mistake with my list so thanks for pointing it out.

12. This post has been liked by: