Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I think I'll interview 37. Shrulop the Vikavolt. I don't feel up to searching again just yet.

Lillian the Lopunny is on the job!
    It's a morning full of free actions, almost! I would be excited if I wasn't terrified and upset!

In the early hours of the morning, a murder occurred. Lillian sleeps light, so she was up and bouncing around the scene, ready to search with anyone who is happy to team up ((someone with the relevant skill, please!)). She doesn't know much about this sort of stuff but she knows about pokemon and how they think, so she's ready to scour the area.

Then, she'll talk to her Clauncher emissary friend to mooch some $50$ splinters of cash, then it's a trip to Frinotties shop to make good on a cheap deal she reserved for me! That medallion, please, wonderful shopkeeper!

Both of those things are free actions- so today the REAL story is going to be using diplomacy on that Zwelious who guards the keep (possibly passing Shilamora on the way) and she will use DIPLOMACY on Silcress, to get him to take off that shiny thing he's wearing. Hand it over, punk! Jewelry isnt regulation guard wear and I see you take your job seriously. I commend you on the good work protecting everyone. Excellent. PAY ATTENTION SOLDIER! YOUR SHINY, PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I think I'll interview 37. Shrulop the Vikavolt. I don't feel up to searching again just yet.
    Interview Rapport: VERY POSITIVE, MODEST
    +1 Shared type
    +1 Shared evolution stage
    +Modesty Flying < Electric

Feeling somewhat dejected after the first Stalker victim was killed since you and the other Emissaries arrived, you go off in search of the resident vikavolt, Shrulop. After asking around some, you find that he is the guild leader of the Voyager's Guild, but you find him at the bazaar, doing some shopping. He is about to leave when you speak to him, introducing yourself quickly.

"Why, hello there!" he starts, his voice sounding mixed with crackles of electricity. It's difficult to see if a vikavolt is smiling by looking at one, but you can hear it in his voice. "Honoured to meet you, my good yanmega. You may call me Shrulop. What may I do for you today?"

You ask him about anything suspicious he has seen around town lately, or any strange happenings. You see a look of hurt flash across his face.

"B-Bizzie...died last night. I'm sure you heard. He and I were not close, but I feel a certain kinship with all bug-types, and hearing of his passing makes me...most sorrowful. Balene must be beside herself..." He trails off for a moment, then seems to focus again. "Right, questionable happenings, yes--erm, my guild has, of late, been infected by a terribly unholy shadow plague of some sort. It has kept most of my guild members at bay, myself included. The sleeping quarters have not been affected, but they are much too close to the shadows and you will likely not find a single guild member who is comfortable staying there--with the exception of Lacy. She's...exhaustively stubborn. Most of us have been relocated to Longstay Ranch, and let me tell you, such an establishment does not warrant such inflated prices." He murmurs the last part, coming in a little closer to you to say it. He then backs up as he shouts, "But, yes, indeed, what fine lodging it is!"

You wince a bit, certain that his raised voice was unnecessary, before he remains hovering for a moment and a touch of a frown graces his brow.

"I say...did you encounter a similarly abhorrent place, perchance? Do not mistake my perceptiveness as insult, please--I just have a superb eye for these things. If you're investigating strange occurrences and instances of these cursed places, please, take these." He reaches into his knapsack with his front legs and shuffles around. "No, not that one...ah! Aha!" He pulls out two small berries; one is a long, green, star-shaped fruit that comes to a point at one end, while the other is elongated, red, and spiky.

[Spelon Berry] and [Starf Berry] were added to Carly's Inventory.

"I hope that those can help you--not that you aren't the picture of capability, of course!" He stammers awkwardly, seemingly trying to be sincere. "Just ensure that you do not set foot on the grounds of the Voyager's Guild unless you are prepared for an unpleasant hallucinogenic assault. I can tell you, however, that going there will require someone with your technical skills--I know not if it will alleviate the hellish tornado, but it will be a start. But please do not endanger yourself if you are not ready."

He gives you a bit of a bow and you ask him if there's anything else he can think of. He ponders for a moment, then in a quick movement, he gives a brief nod.

"Oh, y-yes! It shocks me that I'm only just remembering, but the grounds belonging to the Merchant's Guild are also currently infected with the mind-rending shadows. Do be acutely aware before you head there as well... These are terrifying times, my friend." Shrulop turns around a little and you see a few pokémon waiting for him, flagging him down. The vikavolt nods and rotates back to you. "It was ever so lovely to meet you, Carly, but I must bid you farewell. May good fortune find you on your travels."

The dual type flits away to join with those who awaited him.

Carly the Yanmega (L: Bug/Flying)
    Health: 12/12 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 6/8
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Technical

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    It's a morning full of free actions, almost! I would be excited if I wasn't terrified and upset!

In the early hours of the morning, a murder occurred. Lillian sleeps light, so she was up and bouncing around the scene, ready to search with anyone who is happy to team up ((someone with the relevant skill, please!)). She doesn't know much about this sort of stuff but she knows about pokemon and how they think, so she's ready to scour the area.
    You are one of the Emissaries woken up by the delivery of the letter from Shilamora. The sun hasn't risen yet and you don't think you should wake up the others, so you volunteer to go and have a look at the scene. You contemplate waiting for someone else to wake up, but you figure that it's better to just go, so that's what you do.

When you arrive, you can see that the body has been partially unwrapped, and the parched, gaunt face of the small cutiefly stares into your soul. You shiver, wondering exactly what this poor pokémon went through when he was attacked and ultimately killed. However he died, he must have been terrified.

However, examining the body is not why you're here, and you begin to search the area for clues. There doesn't seem to be anything among the grass, which at first you find hard to believe, but then you begin to realise that these Stalkers are probably extremely good at covering their tracks, considering none of them have been found out in a matter of weeks. The thought haunts you as you search around, unable to turn up anything... Until you come to a mostly-crumbled brick wall separate from the Valley Wellness Centre itself. The side facing Bizzie is unremarkable, but you walk around to the other side and see something truly shocking: a message left in blood.

=Torment Scrawling= was noted in the Team Records.

There is also a splash of blood stretching up the wall, which you immediately know there is far too much of for it all to have belonged to Bizzie. Clearly...this thing had some spare.

Once you determine that's all that you can find here, you head back to the clubhouse, that message forever burned into your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post

Then, she'll talk to her Clauncher emissary friend to mooch some $50$ splinters of cash, then it's a trip to Frinotties shop to make good on a cheap deal she reserved for me! That medallion, please, wonderful shopkeeper!

Both of those things are free actions- so today the REAL story is going to be using diplomacy on that Zwelious who guards the keep (possibly passing Shilamora on the way) and she will use DIPLOMACY on Silcress, to get him to take off that shiny thing he's wearing. Hand it over, punk! Jewelry isnt regulation guard wear and I see you take your job seriously. I commend you on the good work protecting everyone. Excellent. PAY ATTENTION SOLDIER! YOUR SHINY, PLEASE.
    When morning comes, you finally leave the clubhouse, still unable to get the imagery of that brick wall, combined with Bizzie's dead, haunting face out of your mind. But instead you try to focus on moving ahead, and after borrowing some cash from Truly, you head down to the Invincible Drifter. You get there when Frinottie is opening the shop, and she seems immediately delighted by your presence. The two of you exchange pleasantries and then you inform her that you've returned with the necessary amount of splinters to buy the strange relic. She happily hands it over in exchange for the agreed upon amount.

$50 SP$ were subtracted from Lillian's Wallet.

You thank Frinottie and leave the store, holding the medallion in your hand. True, it looks like it could be a medallion, but it could also be a badge. More importantly, it has you absolutely transfixed. The feeling that courses through you is familiar and incites peace, not a sense of dread like the abyssal items or locations you and your Emissaries have encountered. It also looks like it has existed for a very long time. You begin to doubt if this object has any relation to the three medallion slots in the chest that your companion found the previous night.

[Ancient Relic] was added to the Team Inventory.

Interview Rapport: NEUTRAL

Equipped with your diplomatic words and a real keenness to part this pokémon from his strange item, you head over to Salvage Keep in an effort to confront the one who attacked Daniel the previous day. However, as you approach, you do not see him anywhere. Instead, a lycanroc and a flareon stand either side of the entrance, and both give you a stern look as you approach.

You enquire about the location of Silcress, but the lycanroc only informs you that he departed at some point during the night, forsaking his duties. You ask her where he might have gone, but the rock-type gives you nothing useful to go off. Well, looks like you'll have to go looking yourself.

After a while of trudging through what is essentially desert, you finally see the faint form of a two-headed dark figure between the Keep and the abandoned manufacturing plot that Neo visited yesterday. Knowing what's there, you ensure you don't get too close, and once you're within range of the dragon pokémon, you shout out to him.

"Hand it over, punk! Jewelry isn't regulation guard wear and I see you take your job seriously." You finish that sentence, then immediately question it considering he ran off during the night. You shrug and continue. "I commend you on the good work protecting everyone. Excellent." You watch him turn around to you and you prepare yourself for resistance, shouting, "PAY ATTENTION SOLDIER! YOUR SHINY, PLEASE."

Silcress the Zweilous is now... ENRAGED.

The dark and dragon-type roars in anger, shadowy, stomach-turning energy billowing off his body like smoke rising from a fire. Your blood runs cold as you realise that whatever has taken that pokémon is not responsive to regular diplomatic tactics, and it dawns on you that you have just instigated a very unfriendly fight.

HOSTILE ATTACK!

Lillian, Medium, Normal type. 10 HP, 30% dodge rate, 1d4 attack die. 105 Speed.
    Silcress, Medium, Dark/Dragon type. 10 HP, 30% dodge rate, 1d4 attack die. 58 Speed.

Fight!

Lillian rolls 33%, hit! 3 points of damage.
    Silcress: 7HP remaining.

Silcress rolls 8%, miss!

Lillian rolls 79%, hit! 1 point of damage.
    Silcress: 6HP remaining.

Silcress rolls 70%, hit! 1 point of damage.
    Lillian: 9HP remaining.

Lillian rolls 76%, hit! 1 point of damage.
    Silcress: 5HP remaining.

Silcress rolls 48%, hit! 1 point of damage.
    Lillian: 8HP remaining.

Lillian rolls 2%, miss!

Silcress rolls 59%, hit! 2 points of damage.
    Lillian: 6HP remaining.

Lillian rolls 29%, miss!

Silcress rolls 28%, miss!

At this point the both of you are breathing heavily, your mind racing with fear and concern while the zweilous continues to roar and spit saliva. You can see the medallion on his chest properly as he stands still for a moment, and you have a feeling that this is what's causing his psychotic, violent behaviour. You steel yourself, hoping you come out on top, but starting to doubt the possibility as the shadows continue to whip around him.

Lillian rolls 40%, hit! 3 points of damage.
    Silcress: 2HP remaining.

Silcress rolls 98%, hit! 3 points of damage.
    Lillian: 3HP remaining.

Lillian rolls 8%, miss!

Silcress rolls 32%, hit! 1 point of damage.
    Lillian: 2HP remaining.

Lillian rolls 92%! 3 points of damage!
    Silcress: 0HP remaining.

LILLIAN WINS!

Silcress collapses in a heap as the medallion around his neck unclasps on its own and falls to the ground. You feel like collapsing as well, but you stand strong, panting heavily and holding several wounds he inflicted. You stagger forward, giving him a final kick to ensure he's out. He is, thankfully, and you take the opportunity to swipe the medallion from the ground. It immediately shoots pain and suffering up through your body, but you gather that most of its power is completely drained. You pocket the thing.

[Medallion of the Pathological] was added to the Team Inventory.

It's then that Silcress stirs, a low murmur coming from his mouth. You assume a fighting position again as he looks at you. You're unable to see any of his eyes under the thick black fur covering them, but you can tell at once that he is acting different.

"Uhh...what happened?" he groans, beginning to get up. You tell him that you took his medallion, but he seems so disorientated that you don't think he knows what you're talking about.

Feeling too exhausted to continue interviewing him, you tell him never to touch shiny things again and begin to make your way back to the clubhouse. You figure he'll be able to make his way to safety as well, but what matters right now is your own wellbeing. Perhaps, when he's feeling better, you can speak with him again. But for now...you need to leave.

Lillian the Lopunny (M: Normal)
    Health: 2/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I'm going to head off to #47 Fragments of the Past to go all Fix-It Felix on that {Hell-Cursed Cauldron: <Repair>} over there.

I don't need no golden hammer. I've got mad skills instead. >:3

Hmph. I guess it falls to me, then... I'll put my skill to use.

Investigate {Bizzie's Body: <Technical>}

H-hey, my splinters!

9. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

I'd like to perform Seinaru on the Corruption's Eye in the Manufacturing Plot. Here goes nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'm going to head off to #47 Fragments of the Past to go all Fix-It Felix on that {Hell-Cursed Cauldron: <Repair>} over there.

I don't need no golden hammer. I've got mad skills instead. >:3
    Confident that your skills will come in good use at the cauldron your pal Madder mentioned to you, you head over to the location it was found in, rapping your fingers against the various tools you've taken with you. You're rested and prepared for the worst, so you breathe in the fresh air upon approach and envision the ruin you're going to eventually bring down upon these Stalkers and their evil schemes.

You slide down the hill and come to the bottom, which is a circular, flat piece of terrain with the cauldron in the middle. The sight of it repulses you instantaneously, but you get to work, using your tools and your know-how to fix the structure that holds up the cauldron. You can't tell if it was destroyed on purpose or during an accident, but it doesn't take you long to complete, and the hardest part of the whole process is getting the heavy pot back up onto its apparatus. When you're done, you breathe a sigh of relief and wipe the sweat from your brow. You accidentally peer in and spot the rotted face, nearly gagging at the sight.

{Hell-Cursed Cauldron: <Repair>}

You feel a faint rumble as you're taking a breather, and you barely have time to furrow your brow before the circular land you're standing on suddenly drops without warning. A shriek escapes your mouth as you plummet, but your instincts take over before you crash to the floor below with the piece of ground and the accompanying cauldron, spreading your wing skin wide to slow your descent greatly. As the panic fades and you continue to slowly lower, you take in your surroundings: a dark, gloomy cave that sends chills over your skin. It smells incredibly dank in here, and as your eyes adjust, you can see it's a fairly limited cavern perhaps about twenty to thirty feet in diameter. You and the cauldron, as well as the apparatus you just fixed - and is now shattered again thanks to the fall - are situated in the middle of the cavern, a single column of light shining down from the opening.

Once you land, you survey the cavern, touching the wet, slimy walls and using your nose, ears and eyes to scope out the place. The only things you find, oddly enough, are bits of piping lying around, and holes in parts of the dirt walls. You look back to the cauldron and its apparatus, and realise that the things you just fixed are similar to the piping. You narrow your eyes and get to work, repairing the pieces you just fixed, and adding more of the piping in. You take care to avoid the creepy, disgusting head, which tipped out when the cauldron fell. When you're done, you have the cauldron in the centre, and the pipes below it holding it up with three separate pipe paths heading into the three holes you found in the walls around the room. It looks like the room is perfectly divided into thirds, and you have a feeling that somehow...this relates to a Stalker's scheme.

But...now you're unsure what you're meant to do. It seems like you set it up right, but there's no telling what you're supposed to do next. You near the cauldron again, peering inside. Since the head and the fluid spilled out after the fall, you can now see that there is writing engraved into the bottom on the inside. You frown a little and let off a small spark, just enough so that you illuminate what you're trying to see, until you can read the words:

FEED ME. THE HEAD KNOWS WHAT THE HEART WANTS.

You don't know what that means, but...you have a feeling that you will find out at one point or another.

Figuring that's all you can do here for now, you take wing and ascend through the hole in the ceiling, hoping nobody else is going to fall through into the cavern below.

Neo the Emolga (S: Electric/Flying)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/12
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post

Hmph. I guess it falls to me, then... I'll put my skill to use.

Investigate {Bizzie's Body: <Technical>}

H-hey, my splinters!
    You don't leave the inspect the body until Lillian is nearly back. You hope nothing happens to your splinters while you are gone, but nobody would take your stuff, surely, so you give it little thought before you set off.

It takes you a while to get to the site, but when you do, you feel a sense of grimness take a hold of you. There is nobody there currently, but a sad wind sweeps through, blowing away some of the bandages that were once wrapping Bizzie's body. You approach it cautiously, taking a look at the morbid site of a creature drained of all his moisture. He looks monstrous, eyes shrivelled, skin cracked, and a look of pure dread on his face. You want to turn away, but duty calls.

You spend some time inspecting the body, and you can conclude with certainty that this is the Stalker Repose's doing. It robbed Bizzie of his moisture, essentially drying out until his body could no longer function, then wrapped him tightly in bandages and gauze strips. It seems to you like some strange mummifying ritual, but you try not to attach any sense to it. Stalkers don't act with sense or reason; they just kill.

Embedded into Bizzie's back is a strange item that gives of a demonic aura. You have no idea why it was left there, whether it was by mistake or as a taunt to whoever found his body, but you figure you better hang onto it in case it has any use.

[Large Tooth] was added to the Team Inventory.

There is nothing further you can gather from examining the body, so you leave the scene as it is, and manage to get word sent to Shilamora. You head back to the clubhouse as the sun begins to rise. You feel like you're going to be scarred by this for a long time to come.

Don't forget you have a proper action for the day, too @Truly! That was a free action.