Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Lillian the Lopunny has been captured by the Stalkers.

The Emissaries must embark on a rescue mission to rescue their captured companion.

@Bulbasaur @Noblejanobii @Chakramaster @EmeraldSky @Neo Emolga @Scytherwolf @Morzone @HorusMyDude @Arrow-Jolteon @Lychee @sammy0295 @Truly @ARandomTool @LKWayvern @Dragon Master Mike @arnisd @Shruikan

Rescue Missions:
    Rescue missions run off something called aptitude. This is a % value. Basically, more than one Emissary must embark on the mission and contribute enough aptitude that the percentage reaches 100%. An Emissary with Rescue/Escape must lead a rescue mission. Usually rescue missions only require a maximum of 3 participants, considering that rescue missions must be led by someone who has the Rescue/Escape skill, and those with Rescue/Escape contribute 50% aptitude. Emissaries without Rescue/Escape contribute 25% aptitude. NPCs with Rescue/Escape can be taken and contribute 25%, while NPCs without Rescue/Escape cannot be taken on a mission at all.
    If an Emissary who knows Rescue/Escape is captured, the mission aptitude is automatically at 25% when the mission begins.

R/E Emissary Aptitude: 50%
    Regular Emissary Aptitude: 25%
    Captured R/E Emissary Aptitude: 25%

Example rescue mission could include:
    1 Rescue/Escape Emissary to lead: 50% aptitude
    2 Emissaries without Rescue/Escape: 25% each = 50%
    Total: 100% aptitute.

How to launch a Rescue Mission:
    An Emissary with Rescue/Escape must state something like, "I wish to conduct a rescue mission." Then, in posts that follow, the Emissaries who choose to go with them also make it their action to come along. Going on a rescue mission takes an action, but will not only result in rescuing the captured player/NPC, but you will also have a chance to find splinters or useful items.

Note: Each participant will need to roll a Stealth check (% roll). All participants will roll, and depending on how stealthy you are during the mission, you may or may not take damage to any of your stats. The damage is not extensive, however.

Rescue Mission: Lillian
    Aptitude required: 100%
    Time Remaining: 2 Cycles

If Lillian is not rescued in two cycles...you don't want to know what the Stalkers will do to her.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I'd like to purify the Corruption's Eye in the Tunnel Ruins with Seinaru.
    You come upon the Tunnel Ruins, looking out into the side of the mountain and the gaping hole where it meets with the ground. The crackling dark energy laps from the edges of the tunnel entrance, beckoning you forward. You sneer at it, preparing yourself to see the red-ringed umbreon, and stalk forward a few paces. Immediately the swirling entities beg for you to come closer, and although you don't want to give them the satisfaction, you know that you need to draw closer to be able to use your ability.

You try to walk this time, but the creeping sensation of a multitude of eyes watching you grasps your mind, and you cannot help but feel the need to flee. The feeling crawls down your spine until it shocks you, sparks of red energy leaping off your black fur, which makes you break into a run. You leap over the ruined stone pillars and other refuse, beginning to see flashes of red to your left and right, then above you. Every time you look at it, it vanishes as quickly as it appeared, clutching at your chest. It sounds like something is frighteningly close to you, but everywhere you look, your vision is obscured by darkness that gets thicker by the moment. Soon enough you are in pitch blackness, but you power on through, hoping that somehow you will find some glimmer of hope around the corner.

An overgrown root trips you up and you are flung through the air before you crash into the ground, scuffing your face on loose stone. When you grind to a halt, you moan and look up, the face of the red-ringed imposter umbreon glaring back at you. It stares at you with a wide grin before its mouth grows larger than its head and its face begin to melt, the sloppy substance pattering onto your face as you shrie̎҉̗̱̫k. It burns you with every slosh, and soon enough, you can feel it ş̮̹̺̔̌͋͛ͅtart to dis̷ͩ҉̘̳͇so͖̪̞̓ͧ̾̍̆ͅl̸̶̻͎̪͋ͯͩ̒̃̍ͅv̴̦͚̖͒ͭe your whole body. You t̝̝̦͉̳̖ry to͉ͪ̌ͩ͢ ̵͍̩͍̤̍͂̀m̢ͬ̽̀̓o͗͆҉ve̢̪͓̦͗̆ͮ̒̚, but the weight p̃́̍ͮͨͩ҉̢̪̗ins you against the ground, and you feel as h̛̋́ͤ̆ͭe̢̫͇lp̠̫̹̥̱̖ͫl̞̺͒ͨ̎e͔̬͐ss̹ ̟̱͍ͅas a fis̟̜̊͋͆͘h in quicks̫͎̼͉̟̟̆and.

Daniel the Umbreon suffers 6 points of damage to Purity.

Your h̗̝̮̝̤̋͗̏̀ͧͦ̑́e̵̝͍̗̞͖͚ͦ͊͂͂̒ͥlpl̛̜͙̜̯̯͎̳̈́ͮͤ͑̌͜͞esͮͨ ̴̞̯̬͎̹̼̖̭ͭ͌̑sn͌ͤ̿ͣ͏͕̠̠eͭ̌̔̚҉̤̪̦͔͔̞̰̫s̷̷̙͖͈̍͋͋̾̍̀̍͟ ̥̩ͅs̬̳̥̭̾ͩ̃͆͋̅̕͠ ̴͇̝̠͓̋ͫ̊͌̊ͯ̿͗is palpabl̓̈ͤ͏̷͈̲̰̟͉̻̙̥e, and it's only when you recall the face of the umbreon the previous time you saw it that you realise: you've beat this thing before. And you can do it again.

You harness your defiance in a single act of rebellion, breaking free of the sloppy, corrosive substance dragging you down and race towards the entrance to the ruins, where the heart of the corruption continues to swirl and mix together. Upon arrival, you begin a chant to draw the Utopian magic from any source you can, remembering the evil of the Stalkers that you have been trusted to abolish, and the light you are capable of wielding. Again you see the form of the umbreon reassemble in a sloppy mess as it tries to take steps towards you, leaving behind a trail of burning, bubbling goo. Horrible hellish sounds escape its mouth as it heads straight for you, but you tear your eyes away and focus on your task. You cannot fail.

All at once, you release the stream of light, completely vaporising the umbreon and any destructive substance with it. The eye of the corruption explodes and hundreds of hissing, garbled and incensed voices scream out and are then silenced as you are sent back a number of metres.

{Corruption's Eye: <Seinaru>}

There are a few moments before you can gather yourself again and shakily get to your feet once again, seeing the result of your purification. Just like the other locations, the Tunnel Ruins are now free of shadow. The sun touches it for the first time in many days, and you use its warm light to find your way to the heavenly object that you predicted you would find here. Sure enough, where the centre of the corruption was lies a chunk of silver ornately carved. It gives off a soothing glow, the feeling of which you recognise as it heals the corruption within you once more.

Daniel the Umbreon restores 4 points to Purity and gains a temporary +2.

You pick up the relic, noting its notes of amber, and pocket it.

[Thundercaller Relic] was addded to the Team Iventory.

Exhausted from the exertion but feeling somehow simultaneously renewed, you head back to the clubhouse to store the relic safely with the other Utopian artefacts.

Daniel the Umbreon (M: Dark)
    Health: 9/10| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/10
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Seinaru
    Trait: Charming

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Mistee will investigate the murder of Urvanine.

And if that's a free action, she'll also interview 71. Fikl the Snover.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Lillian has missed her check in... I fear the stalkers may have gotten to her.

We must form a search party to find our missing comerade at once! I shall lead the way!

[Learn Rescue/Escape from Bixas the Pinsir, then use it to start a rescue mission for Lillian.]

5. This post has been liked by:

Aw hell, looks like we out ourselves a rescue mission. Ah'm right behind ya, Yris!

Action: Learn Rescue/Escape from Bixas the Pinsir, then use that to go on the hunt to get our friend back.

7. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Welp, I'm outta time, so I guess I'll just rest to restore purity before I figure out what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I will use Clairvoyance on the Thundercaller Relic
    You sit down in the clubhouse, holding this mysterious artefact in your paws. It radiates a strange, warm energy that makes you feel safe. The longer your gaze rests upon it, the more curious you become.

Eventually you set it down and close your eyes, beginning to focus on the relic. Your mind clears and you rid yourself of stray thoughts, focusing only on the object before you. You think about its origins, its connections, and how it can help you vanquish the Stalkers. Channelling the power, you watch in your mind as a vision bleeds into focus, showing you the image of what you recognise to be the place you learned the Clairvoyance skill: the Sacred Temple. You frown a little, already aware of this location, yet it remains there for a prolonged time. You will it to change and show you something you haven't seen, and somewhat reluctantly, your vision relocates.

You see the slithering form of a dripping green body travelling past what you recognise as one of the guilds. You realise that this individual is on the list of civilians you have...

Brahk the Alolan Grimer

The vision rushes away and you open your eyes, letting go of the relic. You are not sure why you were shown the Alolan grimer, but one thing is for sure: somehow, the Thundercaller Relic has some link.

Lita the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 6/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Security | Abilities: Clairvoyance
    Trait: Nimble

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Good to see my diplomatic words were of use, but ow. Poor Goldeen must have had that ring gnawing at them for quite some time. I hope they're able to rest well.

Proceeding forward, there's only one underwater location to search remaining. As I'm already using this somewhat uncomfortable aqua-gear, I shall take the opportunity to search b(31b) apartments 11-20 of Harmony's hideaway.
    With the aqua gear equipped, you make your way back to the Yellowback Lake and wade in, hoping this will be one of the last times you'll be required to wear the somewhat uncomfortable gear. It takes you a while to swim over to Harmony's Hideaway, but once you see it in sight, you make your way directly to the main entrance and head on inside. You go directly to the third floor, beginning to look through some of the apartments, and make your way into the ones that are a little more difficult to access. Once that floor is done, you proceed to the highest floor and begin searching. It doesn't look like you are making much progress until you find what appears to be an abandoned apartment, the door open slightly. Curious, you head inside.

The apartment is empty, and curiously, the floor is layered with thick sand. You wonder if the previous tenant requested this, or perhaps this apartment is catered towards specific individuals who prefer sand floors. You search all the rooms here, but the only thing you come across seems to be a treasure chest under a mound of sand. When you finish brushing it all aside, careful not to catch any grains in your breathing apparatus, you note that it has one way in: some kind of large opening for a key.

{Hidden Treasure Chest: Jagged Hole} was noted in the Team Records.

You don't think that you'll be able to open this now, so you leave it alone and search the remaining apartments for anything interesting. Again you find some splinters, but nothing interesting beyond that.

Added $35 SP$ to Adrian's Inventory.

After finishing up your search, you head back out of the apartment building and begin to swim back to the surface.

Adrian Aylian the Lucario (M: Fighting/Steel)
    Health: 9/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 8/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Resourceful

Time is up! Thank you for submitting. Results will be out over the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I'd like to investigate Murder Scene #2: Scholars Guild
    You volunteer to investigate the crime scene, understanding that it will likely be a gruesome experience. However, you know it must be done, so you head down the Scholars Guild shortly before sunrise to examine the area.

You come upon the scene, noting that the body has been covered with a sheet of some kind by someone who had been notified of the victim's presence earlier than you and your companions. You are partially thankful for that, and turn your attention to the place at which it happened, bracing yourself for the worst. The area is thankfully completely empty due to the absence of daylight, and you quietly duck around, checking walls and the ground.

Although you do not find any material traces of a Stalker presence here, you soon come across a disturbing message scrawled on one of the side walls. There is blood splatter to go with it, confirming your theory that only the killer - the Stalker - could have done this.

=Bloody Wall Declaration= was noted in the Team Records.

You feel shivers down your spine as your yellow spikes stand on end. Whoever wrote this sounds delusional. However, you do not expect the Stalkers to make sense anyway...

After you are certain there is nothing more to find, you pass the cloth-covered body, whose stench you can easily pick up even from a distance, and hurry back to the clubhouse to report your findings before you head out again.