Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

I will use Clairvoyance on the broken half of the holy talisman
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I'd like to use Seinaru on the Corruption's Eye at the Valley Graveyard.
    Knowing what Arrow and Yris have dealt with in Valley Graveyard and what you've dealt with before, you feel quite assured you know exactly how to handle this. It may not be the most comforting job, but you've gotten quite good at it now.

You head down to Valley Graveyard, and while most Pokémon would overlook the signs, you spot and feel them from a long distance away. The evil infestation is definitely there and it's lurking all over the place in that cemetery.

As you head in further, the shadows have sensed your soul and now creep in for a taste. It starts off as a slight, unsettling t̳į̩̹̜͙͈ng̛͙̺͖̯̻l̥̜é͍ as you pass by the first rows of worn-down headstones and cemetery plaques. Despite your soul being like a war veteran in these ḭ̺̟̻n͔̤͚͍͚̦̫f̹̪̥e̜̩͇͙s̬̪̼t͈̻̣̫e̖̟͍ḍ̗̘̼ ̲p̞͕̘̹l̦͙a̦c̤͈̝̻̬e̘̫̮͚s, the hͨͭ̇ͭͩͪ͆̎̃ͨͭ͋͠͏͎̥̳̤͖̱͖̼͍̪̱̟̼̜̹̥o̙̦̱̹̺͔̻ͬͦ̾ͭ͗͐͋̿̿̈́͘ ṛ̯̦͍̲͇͚̤̲̫͌̑̍ͦ͗̽̂ͧͥ́̚͘͡͞r̷͖̪͖̫̯͆̎ͪ̐́ͣ͊͂ͨͤ͆ͪͥ̎́̚͘ͅ o̸̝̞͉̰͓ͯ̈́͂ͭͨ̀̕ṙ̨̨̯̫͇͇̯̮͔̰͓̺̬͈͚͚̤͈ͩ͑̾ͧͧ̃ͩ̿ͣ̏͟͞͝ ̩ is still there and it never gets any easier like this...

Daniel the Umbreon suffers 1 point of Purity damage.

The whispers becoming taunting, little s̙ͩͦ̽ͭ̃ͬc͈͓͉̄̽ͤ̈́r̲̠̞̗̽͛̎ͬe̼͍̜̠̮̭̲a̳͇͙̭͍̿͐͆m̌̅ͯ̓͂s̏ ̗̋̌ͮ̌͗̑ in your long ears. The unnaturally cold wind hooks in deep in your fur and grips you with an icy, spirit-shocking c͓͓̟͇̥̫̗͋̎ͣͫ͊̓h̔̆͒͌͒ĭ̩͖̩̳̯̰ͯ͛lͧ͑͋l͈͉̼̱̩͛. But you continue walking further in despite the shadow tendrils trying to wrap around you and weigh your spirit down.

"Do you remember, Daniel? Daniel?"

"D̸ͥ͆̊͗ͩ̐ͭ͊ͭ̈́̓̆̓͏̻̦̭̜͔̳̩̰̟A̶ͯ̾ͬ̿̋͆͑ͪͪ̐̊ͩ͢͏̶̼̗̣̩̖̦͡ N̡̛̟͙͓̪͉̝͚̖̹̘̠͖̩̤̮͋͛͋̿̑̾ͬ͒̑̀ͅͅIͨ̓ͫ̈́͌̈̄̈̽̆̓̉̎̓͗ͣͯͪͣ ̴̨҉̜̟̯̩̞̰̟̠͉̱̰È̶̗̙̟͚͉̦̖͖̩̠̥̏ͦ̔̑̈́̅͆ͣ̌ͦ͋̕L̿ͩ̿̀ͭ͒̎̂̓ ̛̪̖͕̟̤̘̞̹̥̭͈̱̼̼̤͍͒̀!̳̯̻̘ͫ̽̓́͘͞"

Y͕̠̭O̲͕͕͎̙U̜̺̠͔̯ͪ̿ͭ̎̿ͅC̙ͣÁ̘͉̩̮ͪ̀N̖̭͕ͮ̀ͯN̻̈̌͊̆Oͫ̈́ͣ ̙̼̣̩͇͕̍T̗̝͓ͯ͌̾ͩͤ̓ͣI̘͇̙͇̻͆G̥̲͇͖ͪͮ̐ͬN̺̼̳̉ͦͦ͐Ő͔̈R̒̉̓ ̮͈̮͚͙͓̓E̳̗͚͑M̰̖̈͋͗ͨͥ͐E͇͆̐̅̐F͈̱̗͈̝͊̀Ö͙͔̱̤́̄̊R̳ͫ͒Ě̽ ͙̻̩̀̈́V͖͗ͦ̿͋͂ͦ͋E͎͙̺̗̝̖ͅR͋ͮ̓Ḍ̥͗̊À̠̠̻̲͕̘͌ͬN̼̝̘̯̱̒̃̓ ̹̫Ȉ͎͉͖ͩ̌̀ͦͩ͌E͔̍̀͛ͨ̈́̚L͔͕͎̣͋͐B̺̮̦͈ͧ͆̓͒ͪE̦̪̦͇̲̘͇ͬ͂C̍ ͈̪̫̘͈̦A̞͇̙U̜͉̜̣̩̺̒ͬ̃́ͩͦS͉͈̹̩ͣͫ̈Ë͖͚̰̦̤̜̭̋ͪ̿ͣ̀Ĭͥͦ̍ ̘̲̙̬̻͚̤ͬ́ͥÁ͆̏̓̎L̠̮͔̒͂ͩ̑̄͒̾W̬̙̥̜̰͖ͪ̍́̿͑A͇͕͓̘̠̾̐͋̏̂ ̬Y̟̅ͪͣ͂Ș̋K̺͖͇ͭͭN̫̺̬̲̘̱̂͋ͅO̟͗̽̾͌͐̐ͨͅW̖̝ͭ̿͗ͬ̚W̽̄͂̐̚ ̬̬ͦ̐H̲̩̄̇̍͒̇Ẽ̬̣̫̪̱̠̆ͧͮ̔̽̏R͍͉̦͈̮ͮ̑ͯȆ̘̞Y̬͙͎̲̮͖͈O̎͋ ̗̻̤ͫ̍̓ͣU̦͍̭͗̀A̘Ṟ͍͓̦͈̭͕ͧ̋́̂̔̏͑E͔͙̣͍̺̞͋̐͆

You flinch a bit, suddenly not quite ready for that level of m͗ͭͬ͛ͪ̒͌͌ͨ҉̸̧͔͖͔̘̞͕̳ͅa̶̰̬͚̟͓̰̲ͭ̊ͪͣ̎̆͋̉̆̚͝͠ͅlͤͥͭ̓̿ͮ ̜̫̪͉͚̯̺̼ͥ̓͋͒̋́̈̕ȩ̵̨͚͓̼̯̱̯̭̺̻̯̥̮̤͖͋͛ͧ̍͛ͧ̌̏̀͋̅̊̿̓͜͡ ͍̦̭̘v̨͖̟͉̭̗̙̔ͮ͋̑͠ͅo̎̂̉̊̍͊̏̿̀ͫͯ͋͛̈ͣ́͊̉͛҉̩̻̦͓͡l̊ͧ̀͆ͦ ̷̭̩̩̤͍͚̮̼̙̈́ͫͥ̄̓ͪͫ́́̚̚͞ę̥̜̼̬̟̞̪̯̥̫̺͒̀͛̊̀̃ͫͭn̽ͯͯ͌̾̈ ̪͉͕͎̦̫̻͇͕̗͓͖͋ͧ́͘͢͝c̷̖̫̥̭̝̰͔̖̖̤̬̪̻̟͕̺͔̖̉̾̇̈́̎ͧ͋̌ͯ̍͝e ̧̐ͦ͋͡҉̴͉̤̥̞͇͓̼̬̘̟̺̪̘̹̥̙̘̪̞͘ to go wriggling into your soul in such a high overdose. You go in deeper as the tendrils of a̮̺̮̱͎̤̫̻̖̜̖̰͇͔̳͇ṋ̝̜̙͓̟͙͔͈g̻͈͔͍̥̼̤͖̲͍̭̻̟̱͉̭̻̖̪u̲͓ ̖i̟̮̼͍̫̮̩̯̯̝͇͈s̟̭̠̦͇͈ͅh͙̱̟̣͈͍͔͎̩̰͇̤̟̖͉̲͔ and hatred caress you before thrusting their way into your spirit.

Daniel the Umbreon suffers 2 points of Purity damage.

You were mistaken. No... no, this doesn't get any easier. It's h̢̼̤̯̥̣̙͇̭̠̠̬ͧ̅͆̉͒͋ͭ͂̽̌̀̚͢ͅo͌̃̀͐͂̿̊̓͂̃̽͂͐͏̶̫̘̖̲̹͞r ̧̓ͫ̀ͧ̑̿̈́̆҉̷̘̰͕̖̭̱̱͈̰̮͎̗̹̕ŗ̳̣̪̗̜͕̱̫̠̻͙̐ͬ̂ͮͩ̏ͦͯ̿͡͠ͅ ̙ḯ̧͕͉̥̪̻͓̠̤̦̫̜͈̫͐ͤ͋͒͒ͦ̄͐̎ͨͤͨ̎ͦ͟͞ͅf̵ͣ̎ͫ̎͛́͊̅̀ͮ̒̓ͫ̿ ̡̱̪̰̜̮̦̻̪y̴̖̯̯̣̲̬͕̙̦̱̠̺͖̥̘͑͆ͭ̋̓͂̓̏͂̉ͨ́͢iͦͦ͆ͮ̄̋ͬ͛́͆ ̵̸͔̲̭͇͓̹͚͙̪͋̂̓̈́̓ͪ̈ͧ͠͝n̛͙̞̥͕̟̻̻̣͙̿̍̏̊̉͌͘͡͠ͅg̊͆͒̈́͊ͩ ̵̗̯̥̪̉̀͘̕ͅ each and every damn time and it never leaves behind productive memories or experience. It's always changing to flush you with a̖̯̲̭̞͎̱͍n̬̮̺̘̠x̦̘i̯̣̪͍͚̺̘̤e̫̟t͕̱ͅy͕̤͇͔͉̙̮ ̫͖̳̤̺̺̟ͅa̭̬n͖d͉̖̯͔ ̻͍̖̣̯̰̣d̩͔̙͚̗̘r̻̝̥͔̩̹ͅe͈̣̰͕̳̫̱͉ͅa͚͇̭̬͚͙͕ḓ̭, no matter how many times you try to steel yourself against the R̶̫̲̦̟͔̖̫͆͐̍̇͘͘͟a͗̓͒̈̕͠͏̩̲̯̪̞̥͎̘̦̝̞̝̦͚̺͡ṽ̷͗̔͐ͩͮͦ̿ ͚̘̺̬̫͔̦̥̟̻̥Aͧͭ̽҉̵̰͔̣͔̼̫̭̰͡͞G̢̱͉̫͉̫̳̝͒ͧ̈́̊ͮ͑ͪͭ͆̂͑̕͝͡ ̥ǐ̈́ͬ̓̔̃҉̴̦̼̼̗̙͔̖͍́n̷̶̯̻̦͕͈ͯͨ́͊̉͌̾̇̄̌̍͗̀͗ͥ̀̚Gͣͧ̍̆͒ ̸̷̛͚͓̜͇̗̮͉͓̠̠̠̘͓͈͍̼ͪ͛͝.

Up head, you see the Corruption's Eye. And of course, your n͢e̢͎̝̤̱ͥͨ̓ͩ̂̎͂m͑e̗̥̜̲͖̯̙ͧ͒ș̪͍͉̊ͭ̓́i̗̩̦͔̬̬͉̓̀̚sͧͫ ̛̠ͪͮ̓ͭ̈. The red-ringed Umbreon. He stands between you and the eye, and it looks like he's talking, but you can't hear what he's saying. You draw in closer, glaring at him and refusing to back down or show fear.

"You haven't ever experienced pain and hate like this before. There's more to this. More to this. It's real because there'sm͚̩̰͌ͨͥo̸̩̔̅ͬ͒r̘̼͇̻͑̀̋̌̌͘ȅ̫͐t̜̫̭͆̄ͫ͗o̦̭͕ͣ͐ ̟t̢̬h͎̩͛̌͐̓̑ͨ͑i̜̿̊̍́s͙̪͗ą̟̺̤ͧ̀̈̿̂n̖͇̬̯̂̓̾̈́̅ͅd͂́̑͡ ͍̱̞̞̣̙ͅí̴̓ͫ̿̃t̪͔̰̥̟ͦ́̔͊̐'s̙͇͕̠̺̓̈́ͨm̙̼͈̅̑̊ͥ͑o̳͍͈͛ͅ ̺͔ȓ̜͍̩̻̪͉̺̉e̸̟͂͂̅̆t̹̼̰̳̹̲̼͐̌ḧ̄̈́̚҉̙̜͕̠͉͕a̝͕͐͐͐ͅn̓ ̄̐ͦ̓̕y̨̜̼̠͙ͦͬͨͥ͂̃ō̲̦̗̩ͩ̆͝ū̷͂ͦͮ̈́̓̆c͉̉̓͐̏͞a͕̻̱̻̠ͅn ̪̘̳͛͌̂̃̅ͧͨ̀e̓̐͛̉̊̿̚͠v̦̥͎͐̀ͨe̞̩̩̜͖̦̤͗̍ͭ͘r̠̘̮͈̲̻ͭ̌̊̽ h̲̰͔̯̑͋͛͛͌͋̈ͅoͮ̋҉̲̯̪͉̮͙̗p̺̗͐̿ĕ̘̍̓ͤ̓ͮ͠tͬ̚ô͐ͥ̒̎̃̐s ̝͇̖̪̞̳͍̍̿̓͞t̳͓̣͚͇̄̈̽̀̉̊ͮ̕o̲̣͉̪͈̪ͬ͡m̷̘͔͈ͣ́̃̏ͭ̉ȁͧ̈́̑ ̯̻͍͚̰̝ͭͧ͛͡ć̤̠͕̭̖h͇̟͢D̤̰̘͙̮̾a̹͌͗̾̂ͯͤ͂n͓̰̣̣͊ͮ̈́ͩ͋̆͌i ̳̱͓̞̤͚̳ͥ͋͐̀e͈͇͖͍̣̜̯l̤̗̫̆́D̳̲̣̜͇͔a͍͔̤̗ͭ͞n͑i̟e͔̠͚̱̬͚ ̣l̼̯͈͚̻̒D̝̬͎̺ͣä̷̖̮͑͐ͭ͊̎n̘̰̻͕̺̹̎ͭ͆̉̓i͉̳͍ͯ̌ͯ̊ͬ͛͆eͦͯ ̨̩̼͉̟͍͚̀lͥͫ͐̽͢Dͩ͗̏a͖̪͖̗ͧͥ̅̋ͣ̈n̷͙ͯ̽͌͆̋̿i̵̿ͫ͐ͣ̌̓̚ë͑ ̴̣͔̪͔̪̓ͭl̥͢D̉̚͏a͔̞̜ͭ̆̽́̊n̍͜i̘̜̻̩͎̳̱̿̀e͈̎̎̿͛l̔̊̈́̔ͧ̍ ͔̝̒͞ͅ!̳͓̮ͫ̏ͥͯ̄ͨ͊́"

Daniel the Umbreon suffers 3 points of Purity damage.

It suddenly feels like damning nightmare, but you growl out the frustration and focus on your Seinaru once you're within range. Glowing, white waves and beams of white, holy energy drive back the shadows. The red-ringed Umbreon tries to fight it and defend the Corruption's Eye, but his efforts prove to be futile. But as he goes down, he gives you hell before he resigns from his guardianship.

B͎̬̱̰̩̦͋̌̔ͪ̉̀̿̕Ë̼̺̺͡Ẉ͎̩̪̦̐́̾̍͗ͅÁ͓̜̥̗̑͠ͅR͐̏̒ͦE͒̆ ̭̠͑ͮ̑́D͍͖ͨͬ̄͛ͩȂ̳̦͓͞N͚̺̂̂̐ͯ̍̀I͍̬͔͔͓̫͈̔̐ͯͯ̇͌̐Ê̅͑̌ͧ ͈͇́L̪̤̲̯̾̀̚F̬̹͙͎͔̅̐ͩͮ̚O̰̪̼̫͙ͨͩͫ̓̒ͅR͔̜̗̥͔͇ͮ̋̇͗ͦ̾Iͮͨ ̱͆̾ͯ̀H͍̲̟̩̼̯͑ͦ̐̄̓A̓ͦ̅ͧ̓̂҉̠̦̲̜̩̣V̢̜͕̰͚̠̺Ẻ̵͉͕̤̙ͬ̈̄ͨ ̜̺T͕̺̦͚͇ͧ̓̓͒ͫA͍̳̲̰̳̯͉͒͝Ṡ͓̪̳̻̥͑ͥ̋̀ͭ̚T̶̻̲͔̗̦͐͛͐͌Ẽ̔ ̸̠̰̺̻̼Ḏ͔̟̤̹̍̐ͭ͘Y̫̜̜̯̫ͧͅȮ̯͔̱͎̦̖̽̈͛͝U͖̼̯̅͌ͧͭ̊R̀̊̌ͭ ̝̻̟̫̣̫͎̃̑̅S̷̰͉͍̈́ͮ̅̆O͈̦ͧ̌̊̌̽̓̌͜U̢̓̍ͅL̻̹̾̆̊͂̔
    ͙̞̪̲͓͋̂͑̓̍ͣͅ
    ͍̳̹͇͕̺̱͂̒̒Y̊̽O̢̹̲̺̙̮͖̭̅ͤ̿̒̍Ű̯̜̲̮ͨ̓̒͗͝ͅR̗͚̙̠͙̲͔ͥ͊̌ Ȯ̞͛͋̾̈́ͥ̚͢B̧L̙͉͚͓͓̭͔̏͡Ḯ̢̙͎̥̟̈́͂V͉̫̞̠͖͋̊́ͬ̀͌Ḯ̍̓̍͡O ̢̰͖͙̺͙̠̖ͪͩͨ͌͊N͔̬̺̂͗̎ͯͪI̬͛ͣ̄̿̈S̵͔̗ͯ̃̇̊A͖̞̪̪̣̪ͧ̀T̎̑͒ ͕̖̣̭̝̩ͣͫ̎͝H͍̪̞͍̬̜̒ͦ̀ͩͬ͗̔A̤̼ͬ͗̏Ń̮̗̳̜̦͇D̹͛͛̇̌
    ͓̥̟͙̒̓͊
    You drive the sin-purging Seinaru into the Corruption's Eye, ripping through the malevolent shadows. Like a spear ripping through a beating heart, the light pierces the eye, and there's nothing but macabre screaming and shrieking before the shadows surrounding the graveyard begin dying.

{Corruption's Eye: <Seinaru>}

Their screaming death is both relieving but horrifying at the same time, but slowly, they peel away and lose their grip off of you.

Y͉̠̞OU̞̤͚̫̲'L̯͓L͇̫͖̗̭ ̖O̺̪̭N̳̤̬̤̬̥L̤̟̺̭Y͖͕͓͖̣ͅ ̫͔̩̻̰͇̹D̹̹ỊE̜͚̺̫̙ I̞̭͙N̼̤͇ͅ T̤H͙̩̙͕ͅE ̼̫̣̪E̝̰̟̱ND,͓͓ ̝͙͈͚̹Ḍ̹̟͉̳̫A̙̞NI̫̬̭͓ẸL̟.

The taunts are all they're capable of now as they fall apart like ash, a shadow dust that vanishes in the wind. Even the strongest and most resilient shadows now fall, and before long, the world is a slightly brighter place.

Before you emerges a shining light of purity, and you are drawn to it, longing for its cleansing. It makes the world slightly less somber and melancholy, but as you inherit it in your heart, you feel a wave of comfort and divine warmth.

The Emissaries become stronger. The Charming Trait has been upgraded.
    Spoiler:
    CHARMING
    Your friendly and easy-going energy calms most who surround you. You are considered welcoming, genial, and trustworthy, which helps you make friends and allies easier than most.

Effect:
    +1 to all rapport scores.
    Upgrade: You can choose intimidation or modesty.

Daniel the Umbreon restores 6 points of Purity, and gains a temporary +2 to Purity.

When the shadowy wraiths are dispelled, you are now able to see the graveyard in full. But something seems strange. Not all of the dark, infernal influence has been dispelled...

You try to find the source of it, striving to completely flush all traces of dark, negative energies you can but it takes you in circles and you still can't find where this strange aura is coming from. You try for hours, but you find yourself no closer to the source than when you just started.

As the hour grows late, you decide to go, but just before you leave entirely, you look over your shoulder, convinced something still persists in that cemetery...

Daniel the Umbreon (M: Dark)
    Health: 9/10| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/10
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Seinaru
    Trait: Charming

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I will use Clairvoyance on the broken half of the holy talisman
    Unlike the Large Tooth that you focused on before, the broken half of this holy talisman feels far more comforting to approach. Even as you take it from the Emissary inventory cabinet, you feel it yearning to be whole again with such a positive feeling of hope. And while the messages of Utopia that channel through it are scrambled and distorted, even in this state, you still feel a comforting and reassuring presence. You can only imagine what it must be like when it is completed and repaired.

You sit down on your bed, putting yourself in a maximum state of comfort and peace. No noises or disturbances are around you as you place the broken half of the talisman on your paws and allow it's holy presence to channel through your spirit. You then close your eyes, feeling the warmth, peace, and tranquility channeling through this holy and divine artifact.

Take me... take me to where your other half is so that you can become whole again...

And it's as if Utopia, hearing your call and your will, assists you in your mission to find the other half of this sacred artifact. You hear your reply in the heavens, and the answers become your wings.

The vision takes you south, just past the large crater centre. You feel as though you're flying above the ravaged landscape as you're guided through the skies to where the message is being received. As soon as you see them, you recognize the location.

The Clutch of Decaying Houses...

It directs your gaze upon the Small House that Mittlee took up residence in only recently, but there, you behold a shimmering and transparent force-field. It's almost as if you can feel the slightly icy chill even in your vision, but it does not harm you or bring you unease. You feel a sense of comfort here, a celestial connection between what lies here and what rests in your paws at this very moment.

...It's there, Lita. I saw it earlier. I knew something important was there...

But now you know why. Now you know what's truly there and what the source of the warm and positivity is.

When you awaken, you suddenly feel a refreshing, life-giving breath channel thorough your lungs, giving you a feeling of comfort you haven't ever felt before.

The other half of the talisman continues to rest in your paws, waiting... hoping...

Lita the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Security | Abilities: Clairvoyance
    Trait: Nimble

Alright, let's do this thing then. No good sitting around when a lead is ready to be opened. I'll take the Medallion of the Grotesque, Medallion of the Pathological, and the Medallion of the Baleful to the drowned marketplace square using the aqua gear. There's a chest that needs opening.

VPP

5. This post has been liked by:

Lillian is a bit pooped after spending the day both chatting with Brahk and holding her breath, so she's opting for a slightly less social evening. Also, Orin is potentially still around in the clubhouse tonight, ew. Time to avoid!

After hearing about the lack of success getting Rachta to hand over that spooky toy, and the fact that having evil things out in the world is the worst, Lillian is off to expand the abused-toy collection the emissaries have.
    Rachta, honestly, be compliant, will you? You dont need that beat up old thing. Its evil. Here, i'll paint a rock for you instead. I'll give you some splinters. Whatever it takes. I just dont want your mind corroded by dark forces, kid. But, where did you find it? Have you seen any others like it around?
    Last edited by Lychee; 09-27-2019 at 03:21 AM.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar

I'll go give my adrenaline orb to Typhen the luxio.

8. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I'll deliver my orb as well!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    I'll go Scavenge in Tunnel Ruins.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Urgh, again my soul has been tainted by that infernal darkness. Even my own powers can barely keep up with the damage they inflict on us...

[Use Medicine to heal Yris for 5 Purity, and Mistee for 3 Sanity]

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Alright, let's do this thing then. No good sitting around when a lead is ready to be opened. I'll take the Medallion of the Grotesque, Medallion of the Pathological, and the Medallion of the Baleful to the drowned marketplace square using the aqua gear. There's a chest that needs opening.
    After grabbing your Aqua Gear, you decide to take these three grim medallions to the Gem-Encrusted Chest, where the Drowned Marketplace Square is. Your idea of using a cloth bag and cloth towels to pick up and carry the medallions actually seems to work. Their ill effects don't seem to be able to influence you.

Diving down into the depths, you see sights that most non-water Pokémon would never get the chance to see. Most of the booths and marketplace stalls are closed and empty for the night, and even so, you find it tricky to see so deep down and where there is very little light. Nonetheless, even though this area has been underwater for quite some time, you find it isn't filthy or overgrown with seaweed and other underwater vegetation.

After searching in the dark, you find the Gem-Encrusted Chest. As you recalled from Truly's report, the gems can't be removed, so you don't bother trying. You feel around for the medallion slots, and when you find them, you carefully use your towel to grab each medallion, avoiding physical contact with them. After hearing what these things do to Pokémon to make them become violently deranged, you'd rather not test your wits and sanity against them.

First, you lock in the Medallion of the Grotesque. It fits into place perfectly with a distinct click. Next, you insert the Medallion of the Pathological. It too, clicks into place with a firm click. Lastly, you take the Medallion of the Baleful, but despite your efforts of trying to use a towel to guard yourself against it, something happens when it locks into place.

A sudden S̡҉̸̬̻̲̺̱̖̕͝h̥̹̪͈̰̫̳̭̹͔̥̬̙̜̀͡Á̡̛̠̲̦̲̫͈͔̳̣̜̦̳̪̪͎͠ͅ Ḑ̴͢͏̭̩͎̖͇͓̙ͅǫ̶͚̰͓̥̥͖̟̹͈̯̼̣̙̳̫́͘W̛͈̰̲͔̬̬͚͔͈͓̠̲̜̹͟ ͓̹̥ ̨̧͕͙͕͎͍͙̺̟̟̙͔̩̟͖̩̻͕̞̩I̷͟͏̬̲̯̲͓̱͓̜̠̺͙̟͝n҉̵̧̠͍͚͚̝̤̙͝ ͎̥͚̬͚̱̱̝͕F̸͖̻̜̤͍͕̱̙̤̼̤͈̬̤̟͈̻̲̙͜é̸̥̝͙̗̰͓̞̗̟̹̲̜̕̕͝ͅ ͖̖̖̳s̛̪̤̫̝̰̟̦͖͢͡T̷̖̻̝̣̝̞́͟͝a̴͢͞҉͍͔͙̰̦̲̬̝̝͘ţ̴̧̻͉͘͜ ͓͉͍͚̙ì̸̴̥̻̠̜̝̺̰͖̱͙̥͢͜o̸̢͕̗͉̬͈͕̣͘͟͡N̢̠͖͇̥͈͈̼̺͞ surges from the medallion and ĺ̘̼͎̪͙̱̗̜̀̀͞ụ̜͕̳͚̯͙̮͖̱͕͡͞ņ̸̛͕͔͓̻̩̥͜͠ͅg̢̬̬̗̼̣͓͝e ̵͉̺͇̥̼̪̞̤̪̖̦̦̘͙̻̖̯̀ͅs̵̺̞̤̤͍̜̩̲̖͕͍̘̤̖̘̜͕͟͢ into your spirit, suddenly flushing you with d̒͐ͧ͆ṛ͞e͔̾́a͉͙̦̘͎͟d̸̼̩̳͚ͣ̎ͯ̊ͩ ̱̼̹̠͓͊̔̃͌a̶̯̦̙n͕͖̱̾ͩͩ̾d̺̜̳͛̂̓͛͡ ̣̻̱͕̰̻͔͑ͭc̿̄̊̽ͯ͑͋͏̫̤̺̞ͅȏ̹͙̘̮̳͕̟ͫ̑̋̇͒ͭr͈r̫ͭ̿ͧ̏ͬͫͥ͠ ̗ṷ͇͈̫̥ͅp̥̹͓͓ͤ̐̏́t̞̙̫̦̠̹ͬ̀ͩ͘i̹͓ͣ̄͌͂̂̿̉͠o̓̉ͮ̾͑̓ͧn͐̒ ͓̮͍͐̾̑ͮ͘. But under the water... screams don't work the same way. All you can do is bulge your eyes in shock and h̪͚̲̫ͭo͈̫̝̙̯̯̬͠r̰̗̝ͣͤͭr̯̭̠̦͍̙̉ͫͯ̽̐̇o̤̠̙̘̟̮ͦ̈́r̻͐ ̝ as the shadows and wraiths nestle into your spirit.

Adrian Aylian the Lucario suffers 2 points of Purity damage.

[Medallion of the Grotesque], [Medallion of the Pathological], and [%Medallion of the Baleful% 2P DMG] have been removed from the Team Inventory.

The Gem-Encrusted Chest, with its locks disengaged, now lies before you. Once you recover from the suddenly mesmerizing effect, you grasp the lid, and lift it open, expecting the worst to come out of the chest.

But instead, there's only dead silence with nothing but the pressure of the ocean around you. You look inside the chest itself to behold what looks like a bootleg key, or at least a piece of it anyway. The odd thing is it doesn't even radiate with evil, which makes you even more suspicious. Regardless, you take it with you, wondering where the other half could be, and ultimately what this could possibly be for considering what lengths were performed to protect it.

[Bootleg Key Half 2/2] was added to the Team Inventory.

You then swim upward to try to reach the surface and head back to base before the night is over. Once you arrive on the shore, you feel relieved to be able to breathe normally again and see more clearly now.

Adrian Aylian the Lucario (M: Fighting/Steel)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 7/8 | Purity: 8/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Resourceful