Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    The scholar's guild seems to have some good non-Stalker stuff to it. So far at any rate. Perhaps they'll have more information in their (24a) study, I think I'll take a look around and see what I can learn.

VPP

Tonight i would like to

Take some $SP from the group wallet to buy a Headband blueprint
    Head over to Kannari's and ask Kannari to Learn Forge from Kannari
    Use Forge to make a dagger
    Then place the dagger in the team inventory
    Last edited by ShadowBolt25; 10-07-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Lillian looks around the emissary clubhouse, noticing another pikachu she didnt recognize! In order to get to know the new member, she tags along when they head out to the shops, ensuring that they buy some blueprints and anything extra we need in order to make a dagger. While they're there, she might make a passing comment to Kannari, asking what happens in town when a shopkeeper is killed- if she has anyone lined up to take over her shop? It's possible that theres no time to ask things while shopping, and that's ok too.

As the new pikachu heads off to learn forge, Lillian heads back over to the bounty hunters guild, looking for Holly.
    "Holly! You've taken charge of Vyes captive. I expect you'll honor the same terms of contract?" She takes a battle stance and drops $200SP down in front of Holly.
    "If I battle you and win, we get the captives freedom along with whatever else came with that contract. If you win, you keep my splinters. Is it a wager?"

---

After the battle is done, Lillian will wander back into town just in the nick of time and buy an adrenalin orb (or two! If she has the money). As soon as she sees that new pikachu finish up the dagger, she'll take it (and give that pikachu the second adrenalin orb if she bought one) along with gathering all three of the abyssal puncturing items (picking them up one at a time to negate the 2 points of damage of course).
    Lillian will use her adrenalin orb to get an extra push of energy, and put all of them into the togepi statue.
    Spike, Spear, Arrow, Dagger. Let's go!
    Last edited by Lychee; 10-08-2019 at 01:11 AM.

4. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    After deliberating with some folks, Madder and I decided we are going to investigate 50. Kannari the Rhydon next.

I hope we get to witness a murder! Mwhahaha!

You are far too eager for this.

Eh, heh, and here I am, redeeming myself after the oops!

Madder the Mimikyu's Investigation of 50. Kannari the Rhydon has been completed.

After deciding to make Kannari the Rhydon the target of your investigation, you sulk into the shadows and blend in with the darkness, observing the hulking drill Pokémon from a distance. Sometimes from afar, sometimes close by. You're not sure if she's really genuine about being good, or if she's hiding something dark and ugly, so you decide to see for yourself and make that determination.

Kannari is renown as the local metalworker and smith in town, able to forge and craft just about anything using metal and ore. Whether you need a tool, a weapon, a piece of armor, or even just an artistic metallic sculpture, she's definitely the one to go to in this town. And as you can see, she's one of those rare Pokémon that managed to land her dream job and loves to do what she does best.

By nature, she thinks she can take on anything and very rarely turns down a challenge, especially when it comes to her trade. And she's not one to give up either. To her, you gather that her mindset think that failure just means having to succeed at it another day. At the same time, she also seems to be very caring and considerate. She gives everyone the benefit of the doubt and welcomes all who show the same kindness and hospitality. Even though she may be headstrong at times and admits to making a few mistakes, she genuinely seems to have good intentions.

Besides her job, she likes bluegrass country music. Simple, acoustic guitar tunes and nothing too fast or heavy. You see she once had intentions of learning to play guitar herself, but it seems like that hobby of hers has been on the back burner lately with her guitar collecting a bit of dust. In the meantime, you observe the way she cooks and she definitely seems to enjoy food with a heck of a kick to it. Everything from spicy beans, curry, and seasoned meat seems to be on her menu as long as it's hot. Using very hot spices only native to Yaru, you can just smell and feel the heat coming from her cook pots and pans. It makes you wonder if even a Charizard might break a sweat from eating that stuff.

In terms of friends, you observe that she's close buddies with Aluxi the Kommo-o and teases him to try her spicy foods, which sometimes he feels brave enough to do, while other times, it looks like Kannari has jokingly scarred him taste-wise. She's also good friends with Gal-Dan the Mawile and considering the way they like to have laugh out loud conversations and playful gossip and banter, you take it that they've been good friends for a long time. She also seems to be friends with Effentine, although her relation with Effentine isn't quite a close due to Effentine's erratic nature, but Kannari likes to try and get her to open up and express herself whenever she can.

Lastly, you can also tell she was good friends with Vye the Bisharp. While you watch her from afar, you witness her attending his funeral, and you can immediately tells she's heartbroken from the loss. During her speech at the closed-casket funeral mass, she mentioned that Vye was a life "stolen from this world too soon" and that she hoped and prayed he would find peace and safety in the next life, but that they would continue fighting and working to strive for the hope that no Pokémon would have to face what he did.

In terms of things she's not crazy about, Kannari doesn't care for formality and fanciness. She knows her job is dirty and anyone in her line of work is going to come home looking like a soot sack at the end of the day, but she's totally fine with that. But what she's not fine with is others criticizing her about that or sticking their nose up in the air with what she does or thinking she should be more "ladylike" and reformed. When it comes to her line of work, she also doesn't enjoy Pokémon fussing over the smallest detail and turn down her work just because of a simple flaw or something minor outside of their expectations. And one of the more minor things is you see she's not a fan of mind games and brain teasers. She wouldn't be too crazy about getting a book of optical illusions and brain teasers for her birthday.

You note that she has several scars on her belly and face, and well as chipped claws, but you discern that's more of a result of her line of work and not from aggressive combat or some freak incident.

As you try to edge in closer in her workshop, you suddenly take note her turning around and that she suddenly might have detected your presence...

Madder rolls Stealth: 7%. Stealthy bonus +25% = 32%!
    Stealth Roll (1d100 32% success chance: 49: Failed...)
    Result: It didn't go so well...

She spots you and in trying to hide again, you end up with your back against the wall with nowhere to run. She frowns upon you spying on her and she recognizes you as one of the Emissaries, having no idea why you did what you just did. You try to talk her into giving you a second chance, but it seems like she's starting to have second thoughts about you and the other Emissaries for this plan of stalking her and she takes it as a sign of distrust.

Kannari's Compliant State has been lost...

A little bit embarrassed, you walk out of her workshop and don't say anything to her on your way out...

50. KANNARI THE RHYDON

Availability: Day/Night
    Home Location: (15) Kannari's House
    Workplace: (3) Disaster Defence
    Profession: Armourer/Smith
    Personality: Overconfident, reckless, caring
    Likes: Everything about her job, bluegrass country music, spicy foods
    Dislikes: Formality, nit-pickiness, mind games
    Appearance: Belly and face scars, chipped claws
    Friendships: Aluxi, Vye, Gal-Dan, Effentine
    Rivals: None
    Relations: None
    Items: Kannari does not possess anything of note.
    Taught Skills: Kannari can teach Forge
    Proficiency: Kannari has the Repair Perk

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Despite getting caught, you still feel Kannari is a genuine kind-hearted Pokémon and doesn't show any sign of being a Stalker at all. None of her possessions bear any kind of infernal trace or dark presence to them, and you see she has good ethics and morality and takes that with her both in her job and outside of work. Based on these findings, you find yourself not suspicious of Kannari.

Madder's Investigation of 50. Kannari the Rhydon has been noted in the Team Records.

Madder the Mimikyu (S: Ghost/Fairy)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Seinaru | Abilities: Investigate
    Trait: Stealthy

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar

I'll search (21) Sunken Ruins.

7. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

I'm going to Search the exterior of the Longstay Ranch. I think there's likely to be something of note... Or if not, good to rule it out.
    At Lychee's suggestion, I'll search the Rubbish Tip West, though I know not why...
    Last edited by Truly; 10-09-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    I'll go scavenge the Valley Ruins

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

I'd like to search the Graveyard

"Y'know, after those eyeballs, I dont even feel up to crossing anything out... I need some rest."
    Well, then Rest (Heal Purity)

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I have very little time and can't think this through so I'll just Search (25) Merchants Guild.

13. This post has been liked by:

Truly