Page 502 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502
Results 5,011 to 5,017 of 5017

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

p i k a c h u ? Bookseeker Sylveon's Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Aegislash rating: 9/10

Still one heck of a powerful Pokémon. Not to mention it’s shiny variant is awesome! If trained right it can be a powerful asset to the team. Not to mention this one only took me 6 eggs to get a shiny for it XD. So I really got lucky cause it took over 100+ for Greninja.

Shedinja rating: 6/10

It is pretty unique as only certain things will even hurt it. Like in PMD especially. Though items such as gravelrocks or sticks would be your most powerful allies. Every item has its uses in those games! Can’t say I’d ever use one though, but it your opponent uses one and you don’t have a move that will even affect it. You’re in for a tough time.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#198 Murkrow

my rating: 7
    Murkrow is a neat little corvid, I like how the design incorporates wicked witch elements by making the crooked beat resemble the stereotypical warty witch nose, giving it a feather crest reminiscent of a witch's hat, and having a fluffy tail that looks like a witch's broom. Sadly, Murkrow is rather weak, but it did get an evolution in Gen 4, and later still it got blessed with the Prankster Ability, which allows it to become far more viable.

#802 Marshadow

my rating: 6
    Marshadow is the obligatory small and cute but deceptively powerful Mythical, a trend started by Mew all the way back in Gen 1. Marshadow sports the unique Ghost/Fighting type combination, which also happens to be a combination that to date no Pokemon in the game resists, as it hits everything for at least neutral damage, and that combined with Marshadow's high stats makes for an incredibly powerful critter. That said, the fact that Marshadow is a Mythical means that it's banned in a lot of formats (including in-game ones), meaning you won't get many chances of using one.

#478 Froslass

Froslass is a pretty neat Pokemon. Introduced in Gen 4 as an alternate evolution of Snorunt (though only female Snorunts can evolve into it), Froslass carries with her the unique Ice/Ghost-typing, and she is blessed with being one of the surprisingly few Ice-types who is built as a speedy attacker instead of a bulky tank, the latter of which is a terrible build for a type that has only one resistance and four weaknesses. Froslass also has a very cool inspiration, being based on the Yuki Onna, the spirit of a woman who lives in snowy mountains and lures lost travelers into her lair so she can freeze them and keep them in her home forever. Disturbingly, Froslass is said to do exactly that in the Pokedex, though she is said to only do it to people and Pokemon that she likes, which... imo makes it creepier.

Super Secret Double Agent #00156
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Shedninja: 7/10

I actually used one of these guys in an early nuzlocke run of Emerald. I don't remember how it died but I have found memories of the AI struggling against him quite a bit. I don't think I'd ever use one competitively unless I was running Focus Sash + Destiny Bond or something like that.

Murkrow: 7.5/10

I will admit I liked its beta design more but the mafia theme with this guy is pretty cool too. One of my favorite flying types.

Marshadow: 7/10

Hard hitter, adorable, and from what I've seen of the movie, this guy is quite the interesting character!

Froslass: 10/10

One of my FAVORITE ghost types. I've gotten to use it on Showdown a bit but I've been dying to use one in a nuzlocke someday. Maybe one day when I do a ghost mono type run.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

#563 Cofagrigus

Deign-wise I am a much bigger fan of this thing's utterly adorable pre-evolution, but Cofagrigus is quite cool on its own merits. Cofagrigus takes a creative spin on the whole concept of the "curse of the mummy" horror trope through not just its ability, but through its design: we never actually see what the inside of Cofagrigus's sarcophagus body is like, besides the grinning face and shadowy tendrils that peek out. Is there an actual mummy inside controlling everything? Who knows. Though the Pokedex does claim that this Pokemon punishes greedy tomb plunderers by mummifying them and its pre-evolution Yamask is explicitly said to be the reincarnation of a human, so it does make you wonder... Anyway, Cofagrigus is pretty cool on the battling ring, being a Pokemon with excellent Special Attack and stellar defenses, though it is somewhat let down by having low HP and no reliable recovery moves. Another thing about this Pokemon is that its species name caused some trouble back in Gen 5, as because it accidentally had a derogatory word (and I think you can guess what the word in question is), it was impossible to trade this thing unless it was nicknamed.

#104 Cubone

my rating: 7.5
    I know that Cubone is universally considered to be more tragic than scary, but the fact that it wears the remains of its deceased mother, plus the fact that its line is the closest thing we have to a skeleton Pokemon, plus the fact that in Gen 1 this line got its own subplot in the form of placating the tormented spirit of a deceased Marowak... I'd say this line has earned a spot as a Halloween-esque Pokemon. Anyway, Cubone is absolutely adorable, and not just because its backstory is incredibly tragic; it's a tiny little lizard creature whose habit of wearing the bones of its mother somehow comes off as incredibly endearing on top of being kinda disturbing and extremely sad. It is said that Cubone's evolution into Marowak can only be triggered when it finally reaches the "acceptance" stage of grief and becomes stronger as a result. Cubones in Alola take this to a whole new level, because their Ghost-type is said to come from the spirit of their mothers, who protects her child even after death. I do still find it strange that only Marowak was given an Alolan form but not Cubone, though. Wouldn't it make more sense for Cubone in Alola to be pure Fire and then evolve into Fire/Ghost? Ah well.