Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

[WAR] Team Awesome! (Winners -- WAR I)

"To be AWESOME, you must do AWESOME things."
    - Caleb Martin 2012

What is the definition of, "Awesome"?

Aweˇsome [aw-suhm]
    Adjective

1. Inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear; causing or inducing awe.

2. Showing or characterized by reverence, admiration, or fear; exhibiting or marked by awe.

3. Very impressive.

Are you AWESOME?

Do you have what it takes to be AWESOME?

---

---

When you are a part of this team, you strive to make everyone else stop what they're doing and watch you work. You are surprisingly gifted in the things that you do. You are the supreme without meaning to be, and you are the light that shines brighter than any other. We don't have to be friends, we don't have to like each other. We have to be good, and be winners. We must achieve victory through hard work, and determination. This is how we achieve GREATNESS.

To be AWESOME, you can't place your faith in luck, in destiny, or in fate. To be AWESOME you must simply know what you need to do, and get it done. To do AWESOME things. To strive, simply, for greatness. You must do so humbly, though. You cannot gloat, you cannot be arrogant, or self-righteous. That isn't AWESOME. That's cocky, and it's unacceptable.

This is who we are.

Who we will always be.

A humble greatness.
    The best in the eyes of those who witness our prowess.

This is our WAR, and we will win it.

----------

I am XaiakuX.
    I am the leader of Team: Awesome!

I am straight forward, I am strict, and I am honest. These are the qualities of a capable leader. I do not know how to quit, I am not afraid of anything, and I genuinely respect my team mates and rival teams equally. If you wish to join my team, I can promise order, I can promise your name to be remembered when this WAR is over. I cannot promise you victory. Victory is decided by you. Your abilities, your talents, your will, your determination, and your drive to succeed.

I am here to guide you if you need help. I am the harshest art critic on this board. I am experienced in every aspect of this WAR, bar the ASB and GCEA. I will help you in any way that I can, because that is what a leader is supposed to do. Encourage, support, and work to make his team be the absolute best. This is me being not only a leader, but also a man. To be AWESOME, you must do AWESOME things. I will make sure that by the end of this WAR, people of this forum associate your name with that word.

---

With every good team, club, or the like, there must be a set of standards to live by. A code, a system, or simply put, a list of rules to abide by.

These are the rules of my team:

1. Even if you don't like your fellow team member, you must cooperate. I didn't make this team for all of my pals to join up and goof off. I made this team to achieve victory.

2. Do not insult, attack, or incriminate your rival teams. This is not a characteristic that defines a person as AWESOME, and defeats the purpose of our team's whole existence.

3. Again, no bragging or gloating about your victories. You may celebrate, but not rub it into the faces of your opponents. Doing so is not AWESOME.

4. Everyone on this team should have their own unique skill that set them apart from the rest of us. This diversity gives this team range, and a greater chance to succeed in multiple categories in the WAR. Respect your team mates' talents. Even if you don't like them.

5. Have fun. Believe it or not, I'm not all about winning, although no one likes to lose. I want to see you using your talent because you enjoy using them, not because you feel you have to. These skills and talents are what makes you AWESOME, so go out there and show them what you're made of!

Last edited by XaiakuX; 06-16-2014 at 02:32 AM.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

WAR RP BACKSTORY!

Team Awesome has seized Johto as our region in this WAR RP.

You can read more about the WAR RP, here!

Spoiler:
    Johto. The region between Hoenn and Kanto. Famously known for its advancements in the industry of entertainment. At least until the war started.

Before the war with Kanto, Johto's economy was booming. It was all thanks to Harper Industries. They mysteriously took the world of entertainment by storm. IT started with the Goldenrod Radio tower selling out to a private investor after the elderly CEO passed away. The family didn't want the to keep the business going. Said it brought back memories they didn't want to keep. Memories of Team Rocket, specifically. The investors, Mary and Oliver Harper, were young. However, they had a combined 16 years of experience between them, and together they took charge of the media, and grew outwards and upwards. They called this media and entertainment titan, "Harper Industries," and it slowly became the foundation on which Johto's economy stood.

Soon, they began developing computers, gaming systems, televisions, wireless services, cellular services, and so much more. They were the leaders of the entertainment and media empire. However, there was a dark secret that this media titan kept from the rest of Maridia. In the early stages, an investor came to them, believing that they would become great, and wanted in on their success. That investor was Giovanni. The family didn't know what they were getting into initially, but when they came to learn Giovanni's plans, it was too late for them to do anything about it. They soon faced the media with new gadgets and gizmos, while to their backs, Giovanni developed biological weapons, and conducted scientific experiments on Pokémon.

Everyone high up in the company knew about Giovanni's works, no one said anything because he ended up owning half of the company. If they said anything, they'd all be out of a job, and the company would be shut down. The only person who didn't know what Mary and Oliver's young son, Lance. This small radio tower in Goldenrod City ended up becoming a region-wide industry, providing several methods of joy and entertainment to all of Johto's citizens. It was all funded by a mad man who sought to dominate and control the world.

Then everything got even more crazy. Some revolution happened in Hoenn over a shiny rock that could fuse a human with their Pokémon and give them their powers, and a ship blew up in a harbor in Kanto. Kanto went to war with Johto, and someone started rumors of some "Ancient Burst Heart" being located in Johto, so we had every other country in Maridia invading our lands and trying to gain power. The person behind those rumors was Giovanni. Only Mary and Oliver knew this, but they were both killed by an unknown assailant. Likely a member of Team Rocket, or Giovanni himself. Leaving a young and ignorant Lance Harper to lead his family's company. However, it wasn't long until Giovanni took his pet projects and left the company. Without his investment, the company took a massive hit, and crumbled away beneath Lance's feet. Johto was in ruin, war plagued every city and every town, and hope was but a glimmer on the horizon. The people of Johto were at a loss, overpowered and helpless against the forces that overtook their region every single day. Yet, no Ancient Burst Heart had revealed itself.

As for the war, Kanto initiated it by blaming the tanker explosion on Johto. Johto denied these accusations, and Kanto retaliated with violence. This caused potential investors for Harper Industries to flee from Johto before any deals could be made. This war continues to wage both politically and physically. The toll that all of this is taking on the Pokémon is enough to make anyone sick. But, men need to have their wars. Need to have their bigger stick than the other guy. So the Pokémon get to suffer for it.

As for Harper Industries, it appeared as if though it was done for, every media anchor left to avoid being harmed or killed, many of those who lost their jobs sought revenge on Lance for the faults of his parents' trust in Giovanni. Considering Harper Industries over time became the very foundation in which Johto stood economically, once it all came crashing down, so did Johto. There was little to nothing left. This is where our story begins.

---

Sign-Up Form!

Let me run a few rules by here. Despite the silly title, this is a serious team. I would like it to be taken seriously as it did place 3rd in War: XI on Pe2k. It was also the first appearance of my team. This is the second. Bear that in mind. I want you to be talented. I'm looking for diverse talents, and people with honed skills. If you feel you're good, then sign up. If I know you aren't that good, I have the right to refuse you. If you are my friend, I will be twice as hard on you. This isn't personal, this is war. I play to win. <3

Name:
    Username:
    Skills:
    Experience:
    Why should I accept you:

Accepted:

Saraibre Ryu
    ASB/RP/Writing/Art
    Bulbasaur
    Music, ASB, Pokemon Showdown, URPG, Writing, Sprite Art
    Death's Spook
    RP, ASB, Debate, Creative Writing
    Dragon Master Mike
    GCEA, URPG, Writing, ASB
    Velocity
    Art, Writing, RP, ASB
    Grassy_Aggron
    Role Play, Creative Writing, Sprite Art, Showdown, Wi-Fi, ASB
    Ash K.
    URPG, Showdown
    Nekomata
    Spriting, Drawing, Music, Writing, Role Playing
    TheProtobabe
    RP, Writing, Art
    Homura
    Deal with it.

Denied:

---

Quitters:

Lighting Dash
    Last edited by XaiakuX; 06-30-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Should make an anagram out of awesome. That or you'll make me do it.

Name: You already know this.
    Username: I know you're intelligent enough to read it over there on the left.
    Skills: ASB/RP/Writing/Art though my primary focus is ASB because I plan on winning it again.
    Experience: A few WARs... I don't remember which ones but I was in the last one... At least three. I was in the team that won the last WAR. Yes I'm terrible at explaining my WAR EXP.
    Why should I accept you: You told me to get over here in earlier conversation. Plus I have an ASB bounty on my head.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Until more information is released about the WAR, such as the RP, this information I've given is thus final, and everything is ready for this competition.

Sabi is accepted.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Name: Eric
    Username: Bulbasaur
    Skills: In order from best to worst; Music, ASB, Pokemon Showdown, URPG, Writing, Sprite Art
    Experience: I partipated in two or something WARs on PE2K.
    Why should I accept you: Because of my bravery to take on the most wanted talented member in ASB, my ASB battling skills in general, my flexibility, my determination, and of course, my awesomeness.
    Examples:
    Pokemon Showdown: A battle I won, and another battle I won.
    URPG: Placed 3rd in this forum FFA
    Writing: A Bidoof Tale, How I Got My Bulb, and two poems.
    Sprite Art: Pikachu recolor, Onix revamp/devamp.

Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
    If you are my friend, I will be twice as hard on you.
    D:
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 06-15-2014 at 05:48 PM.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Skills: In order from best to worst; Music, ASB, Pokemon Showdown, URPG, Writing, Sprite Art
    Why should I accept you: Because of my bravery to take on the most wanted talented member in ASB, my ASB battling skills in general, my flexibility, my determination, and of course, my awesomeness.

D:
    I want to see examples of your showdown, URPG, Writing, and sprite art. Put them in spoilers, then I'll see about letting you join.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    I can attest to his ASB skills. Aside from that one error, he makes me think. It's dangerous in the ASB to make me think.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    I can attest to his ASB skills. Aside from that one error, he makes me think. It's dangerous in the ASB to make me think.
    Hence why I didn't ask for examples for ASB or Music. <3
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

URPG Staff

Name: Preston
    Username: Lightning Dash
    Skills: Showdown Battler, RPer, Artist (mostly traditional drawing)
    Experience: This would be my first WAR.
    Why should I accept you: Well for one, you were the one who told me to join for a battler. For Rping, I don't think I would be able to show you that as a majority of the RPing I did was on Pokestadium (which all of that is gone sad to say), but if you want you can send me a test thing and I'll reply to it. For drawing, you can take this. I do also sprite, but I barely do it anymore. Here's an example.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Examples:
    Pokemon Showdown: A battle I won, and another battle I won.
    URPG: Placed 3rd in this forum FFA
    Writing: A Bidoof Tale, How I Got My Bulb, and two poems.
    Sprite Art: Pikachu recolor, Onix revamp/devamp.

D:
    Here is the edited post with examples.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links