Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Hello you guys! I would love to join aaaah!

I love Hetalia, Pokemon, Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Free!, Dagan Ronpa, and a LOT more. Super excited to see other anime fans!!

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    I did a huge post on escapist about what anime to recommend to people, as well as some controversial stuff I said, so I might as well post here as well:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    There are some really good suggestiions, particularly the Monster, Madoka, Fate/Zero, and P4, Gurren Lagaan are very good. In fact, Monster is my favourite anime, Madoka being number 2.

SnK definitely is overrated in the sense that it has a lot of pacing issues and really hasn't yet dive into the core of the series so far, even though it's a year and a half into the series. I did not find myself to care for the squad much outside of MC and Mikasa either, so YMMV on it. In comparison to Fullmetal, it's not close in it that Fullmetal managed to make you care about a minor character like Hughes. I can see the appeal, since the anime is very...American in mentality, but the quality of the visuals and sound is very good.

Out of the stuff I haven't seen a recommendation for:

Kara no Kyoukai: it's a series of movies that are deep and relatively unnerving. The animation studio is fantastic and the quality is top notch. If you like Type Moon, this is an easy pick up. If you're into Fate/Zero, this is kind of like a predecessor to it, while still being in the same universe. As a side note: Fate Kaleid Ilya Prisma is in fact a magical girl anime despite being in the Type Moon universe, whereas everything else in the Type Moon universe falls under thriller or supernatural. DO NOT watch Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime, as neither of those two anime were any good...which is sad since the source material is great.

Steins;Gate: Sci-fi drama, from the minds of Nitro+. This is one of their better offerings, where an unsuspecting scientist(?) discovers ways to Time Travel and uncovers a hidden plot. This is the best of the trio of semi-colon series from Nitro+, with Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes also set in the same universe. I never watched Chaos;Head, but Robotics;Notes is pretty good with the exact same formula as S;G.

Noein: Speaking of science fiction, Noein is also pretty good. The visuals are quite outdated by now, but the storyline managed to grip me after a rather slow start. As always, there is a time traveling element to this series as well.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka (and KWZDK of the Dead): KlK is insanely stylish and over the top. KWZDK is insanely over the top with comedy and also thrives on the similar absurdities that is seen in KlK. For insance, there is a zombie man who is a magical girl in this series. Totally crazy shenanigans.

Yakitate Japan!: Bread-making anime. See notes on absurdities above.

Shiki: I saw some suggestions of horror (Another, Higurashi, Umineko), so check out Shiki. It's vampires done right. Truly frightful from beginning to end, but for different reasons by the end of the series.

Mawaru Penguindrum: The series lays it pretty heavy on you at the beginning to set the tone for this series, and it's crucial for it to be this case in the psychological genre. This series does thrive, at least early on, on absurdities, but really gets deep into the main characters abotu midway into the series. This is more of a drama with comedic elements in the earlier half of the series than a thriller like Monster, though.

Durarara: Someone recommended Baccano!. I'll put Durarara in here as well, since it's very similar, and made by the same studio.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

I would like to join ;o

I saw some SAO discussions. To be perfectly honest it's A+ great (minus how fast it actually is) UNTIL the second game world. That place just....I don't even know why I continued to watch it. It was okay during that but ugh. First half >>>>> second half.

Mainly I'm rewatching series right now, like Inuyasha, Digimon (it's on hold right now tho), soon to be Negima, Sailor Moon, and others. But I'm watching Dance in the Vampire Bund right now (I watch x amount of Inuyasha then watch a new series so I don't get bored)
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/petrolgirls

also I bought a beach queen fig. of tomoe mami, she is my waifu none of u can deny it. i almost bought the homura one but mami is my fave she is more important to me.

....i also bought a really expensive silica fig. ;;

Hey, welcome to the dark side!

I have a...large collection of figures...

But ya welcome! Watch Rebellion, it's amazing! WATCH IT WATCH IT TWICE, THRICE, ON BLU RAY WHEN IT COMES OUT. O_O
    (I'm totally not obsessed.)
    What is happiness?

Is that the third one?
    Is it even subbed yet?

I had to halt learning Japanese for now because I have exams pretty much all the way in June lol.

The third one's out as a camrip with subtitles, Louise.

But...I saw it in a theatre...
    What is happiness?

You lucky boy you! I'll watch it as soon as I can.

I wish I could just stop everything and learn Japanese now but it's an on and off process for me :(

Same for me. It's just...more off than on for obvious reasons.

Lucky? I guess. It's cool to have the whole anime group come down for the movie too. :3
    What is happiness?

I watched Sword Art Online a few weeks ago. The story still seems very much inspired by .Hack// but it's original enough. Most of the action scenes were very good -- most of it was in the first season though. The romance aspects of it were pretty lame and kind of annoying -- probably because they're little teenagers.

I plan to watch Durarara next.

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    I had my first exposure to Berserk the other day. I sat down intent on watching just the first movie and suddenly it was 3 AM, I had finished all three movies, and was huddled in a corner crying.

That aside, Berserk isn't just an anime. It's a manime.