Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fallout 4

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Neo Emolga, I don't think the game has level scaling, which is why it can be so hard early on. If you go somewhere meant for end game level players early on, you're going to get wrecked.
    I think this is exactly what happened, because things have gotten better. I've also gotten and modded better weapons, which also helps immensely.

I like the fact that in Fallout 4, even the junk items have their uses when it comes to the component parts you need for mods and such (the tag for search is really useful!). In Fallout 3, junk items were just junk items. Now, I'm always on the hunt for anything that has screws or adhesive. Suddenly, even desk fans and toy cars are worth picking up. I like what they did with that, so there's pretty much a use for everything.

Also, being able to construct your own buildings and settlements is really cool. I haven't delved too much into that feature, but I did make a nice one-story wooden house complete with a bed, cabinets, chairs, and a coffee table. I can see how people could really go all out with something like that, as I've sure some people already have!

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Yeah, the scavenging and building/gun modification is probably my favorite change since Fallout 3. It has me looking for things that could be useful everywhere I go. The only point of the junk in Fallout 3 was that some of it had enough value that it could make it worth it to collect and sell if you had enough carrying space. At least, that's what I would do. I've done a bit with the building. I made myself a two story base in Sanctuary, as well as set up the town for settlers with food, power, and water. And defenses of course.

My friend kept messing with me about how I still had T-45 power armor. I get T-60 power armor. He starts messing with me about how he has the best power armor in the game and I still have T-60 power armor.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Highlight of yesterday: spending 600 minigun rounds gunning down an Alpha Deathclaw. See, usually I don't use my best weapons casually or resort to using Buffout, Med-X, and Psycho, but when one of those badasses show up, I dump on everything (plus the maniac scream your character makes after using Psycho does get you hyped to go all ugly on them).

Good kill. :D

4. This post has been liked by:

One-Punch Man's Hero Stays True To Himself In Fallout 4
    It might be too early for a One-Punch Man game, but it’s absolutely the right time to mess around with Fallout 4 console commands and transform the wasteland into a world worthy of the powerful bald-headed hero.

TheGhost made a very accurate One-Punch Man and Fallout 4 crossover. Whether it’s Ghouls, Deathclaws or Raiders, in this alternate version of the wasteland, they all die to first punch.
    Saitama One-Punches His Way Through Fall Out [sic] 4 - Interest - Anime News Network
    Bethesda's open world role-playing game starts out with players choosing between two fully customizable protagonists and continues by giving players control over their growth via stat points. Player The Ghost took advantage of these features to recreate One-Punch Man's Saitama, from his bald head to his ability to brutalize an enemy with a single crushing blow.

You can check it out in his video set to the series' opening theme. Highlights include The Ghost's character punching off a Deathclaw's leg.
    Hope: It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

6. This post has been liked by: