Asian Culture General Chat

(I asked @Pokemon Trainer Sarah if I could make this.)

In this thread, you can talk about anything Asian Culture. Just follow the main rules, which I don't even have to say, aha.

To start off with... it there any old anime you guys have been watching recently? I've been trying out Flame of Recca, but it's not as great as I thought it was going to be. =/

General Asian culture, huh? So I'm just as free to talk about, say, Vietnamese cuisine or Filipino telenovelas as I am the old standbys of Japanese animation and Korean popular music? Okay, then.

As for the current question, I haven't been watching much anime at all as of late. Oldest title I'm currently watching is Michiko & Hatchin, and that's from 2008.
    Hope: It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

The "oldest" anime I've watched recently would be Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. Granted, I haven't seen any episodes in over a month since I've been too busy doing homework and roleplaying.

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

Quote Originally Posted by Hajime Hinata View Post
    General Asian culture, huh? So I'm just as free to talk about, say, Vietnamese cuisine or Filipino telenovelas as I am the old standbys of Japanese animation and Korean popular music? Okay, then.
    Unless this is sarcasm, of course you can, if you want to.

& I've been dabbling into Yu Gi Oh 5Ds. All I've been watching lately is card game anime, you could say it's a big thing I'm into now. The oldest I've dabbled into, in terms of anime, is probably some of the original Dragon Ball, but I won't go any farther than that unless you tell me a good anime from the 1970s.

I have no idea if this will help breathe life into this thread, but anyway.

Soooooo Fairy Tail Zero is gonna have an anime adaptation! I've been wanting this to happen, so I'm super excited! Now, I can only hope anime adaptations of the other five+ spinoffs (I only know of five atm) happen.

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

So, I got Fairy Tail Blue Mistral today. I can't say I've read it. It's bizarre to see a shoujo spinoff, but it's got nothing to do with the main Fairy Tail or something. Speaking of Fairy Tail Zero, I hope it gets a 25 episode season, but I feel like that's unlikely for some reason. :x

Bumping 'cause it's been a million years since anyone posted in this. <_<

What anime you guys watching this season?

Senior Moderator

I have been rewatching Shakugan No Shana lately and it is just as awesome as i remember. Sabrac is still my favorite.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

(The rules said thread revival is okay, so here we go)

I spent 10 days in Japan earlier this month, and it was a fantastic experience. I've traveled before but not beyond the borders of the United States.

The Japanese are a very friendly people, offering assistance at any chance they get. When I landed at Narita (one of the two international airports in Tokyo) and had trouble figuring out the metro lines and streets I needed to follow to get to the place I rented, people would walk up and ask "Where you going?" They were ready to tell me exactly where to go, and all of them helped in a big way.

Tokyo is a clean city, despite trash cans being nearly impossible to find. The streets and subways are super clean, no trash anywhere! The metro system is daunting at first for someone like me, but once I got the hang of it, I really liked using it. Look on the map, find your stop, and pick out your ticket on the machine. A lot of restaurants I went to had machines that had English menus, and that printed out order tickets, eliminating any sort of language barrier. Really, there isn't that big of a language barrier, at least in Tokyo. English is everywhere, and most everyone I spoke to broke enough English to have a conversation with.

I've already begun planning for a return trip next year. I'd honestly like to look at potential jobs over there, but I'd like to visit again before making a decision like that. I really enjoyed the trip and the culture I experienced.