Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

[SU] Masters of the World RPG

INTRODUCTION

This is one of those over-the-top RPGs that isn't to be taken seriously. Think epic colossal battles and crazy grandiose fantasy RPG antics that's a combination of every major final boss battle you've had to deal with. Like Munchkin/Earthbound/Warcraft on juggernaut overdrive steroids and draconic adrenaline.

This was inspired largely in part by the Freeform Replay - AntIvOId RPG. Tazz gave me his blessing before he left and the legacy must go on!

MASTERS OF THE WORLD STORYLINE

Chosen hero, your time has come. The world stands at the brink of destruction and erasure from NOX, the evil forces of darkness, and only you and your allies are all that stands in their way.

NOX wants to destroy the universe to replace it with an augmented shadow reality of the undead, and they have arrived in futuristic Eternity City and have reduced it to a post-apocalyptic ruins. You must destroy their dark armies and eradicate them from existence. You start off destroying their grunts, and soon enough, NOX will start sending their bigger baddies into the fray. NOX is prideful, and refuses to admit surrender or defeat like a terrible gambling addiction, so they'll keep attacking down to the last commander and general. You get to destroy them all!

WHO YOU ARE

You're a level 9999 (note, your power is over 9000!) ultra mythic-rare fantasy superhero with more HP than stars in the universe and more spells/abilities than a library could ever hope to hold (in truth, you just come up with your spells and abilities on the fly as long as they can somewhat relate to your character's class or type). Your gear is also the kind of stuff that makes manly geeks squee like Japanese schoolgirls going KAWAII over Hello Kitty and is many times better than the junk a whole guild got after spending all of last week doing the hardest raid in the solar system.

TL:DR: You're powerful.

STATUS LIST

At the bottom of each of my posts, you'll see something like this example, which will include you, all your PC allies, and any monsters you have summoned to help you. Think of it like a scoreboard!

HEROES
    Tim (Enchanter) [93%]
    Chuck Norris (Texas Ranger) [95%] {Ultra Buff of the Ages}
    Arnold Schwarzenegger (Terminator) [83%]

MINIONS
    Optimus Prime [84%]
    Killer Bunnies x174
    Agitated Vegans x14
    NRA Members x31

VILLAINS
    Xenxia (Vampire of Agony) [47%]
    Jexan (Shadow Dragon) [18%] {Armor of the Rotten}

MINIONS
    Shadow Men x14
    Blackmoor Zombies x53
    BATTLING

I'm controlling NOX's forces, declaring their attacks, and how they resolve. I also control the minions on both sides. Groups of minions attack as a whole group, but their quantity kind of acts as a HP total (they're always killed in one hit).

You get one attack/spell/summon/ability per post for a maximum of two before I post resolutions, enemy attacks, and fluff. The more enemies you target at once, the more rolls you have to do and the effect won't be as strong.

IF YOU ATTACK AN ENEMY VILLAIN: Your attack is subject to a classic 1d20 (one twenty-sided dice) roll:

A roll of 1 - CRITICAL FAILURE! - You miss and something tragically stupid happens. Laughter and embarrassment is ensured.
    A roll of 2-10 - It's a normal miss. Your attack either misses the enemy, they dodge it, block it, whatever.
    A roll of 11-19 - It's a normal hit!
    A roll of 20 - CRITICAL HIT! - It's a hit and something cool, amazing, epic, and surprising happens!

And if an enemy attacks you, they're subject to these same dice rolls. This works the same both for NOX Villains and any NOX minions.

IF YOU TARGET A GROUP OF MINIONS: The attack is always successful and a randomized number of 1-200 is rolled. If your roll is higher than the quantity of minions left, you kill them all in a spectacular blast of glory! Take a bow, you're being recorded!

IF YOU TARGET AN ALLY: Such as with a buff, healing spell, or something sweet and generous like that, it's always successful. The same risk-free process goes for NOX as well.

HP is done in terms of percentages, because HP values are so astronomically high and PXR forums cannot handle the number processing and would crash if we even thought of doing it, taking the rest of the internet into the black abyss with it.

IF YOU SUMMON STUFF - You can either summon a single very powerful monster (like Optimus Prime in the example) that gets its own HP % thingy, or you can summon a family-fun pack of 200 minion monsters of whatever you like. Note that while you summon them, I control what they do. Don't worry, they're in good, caring, Emolga hands! I may steal apples, but I'd never have your own creatures betray you!

NOX will be continuously calling in villains, monsters, and stuff until you start eating up the food chain.

OTHER THINGS: - You're also free to use your action to transform into something else, use crazy buffs, summon relics/totems/artifacts to help you, and all kinds of junk.

IF YOU DIE: If you go down to 0% health, you die. But you come back because your character is so awesome! But they need to come back under one of the following terms:

REINCARNATION - You come back as something different. Think crazy superpower animals! Like Rocket Raccoon in Giga-Overdrive Limit Break mode!
    ANGELIC ASCENSION - You were promoted to an angel! That's great and all, but you know you still have a fight to finish and chillaxing in Heaven has to wait until later. So you fight as an angel!
    UNDEAD - You come back as a superhero zombie, ghoul, mummy, or something like that. NOX forgot to double-tap!
    LICHDOM - Your badass character turns into a super-badass Lich with awesome badass dark magic and badass powers of badass destruction. I did mention you're now badass, right?
    GHOST - Like Casper... if Casper drank from the Cup of Awesomeness and become you!
    I'M FEELING CREATIVE! - You're free to pull some nonsense instead. Like swapping yourself out for your stunt double before you actually die, whining at the GM that life's unfair, or revealing your true form like what most last bosses do before they die!

If you die again, you have to choose a different afterlife resolution than the one you picked last time. You're also free to abandon a dead character and swap in a new one that you just made a sign up for if you'd rather do that.

It's so easy! And you're free to make multiple characters!

Name: <What everyone else knows you by!>
    Character Class/Type: <What your character's class or type is.>
    Background Personality & Info: <Just a quick paragraph about what they're like as a person!>

That's it! Oh my goodness, isn't life grand?

MASTERS OF THE WORLD CAST
    Lutine "Louie" Bell IV, Summoner of Sprouts, Wooer of Women, and All-Around Swell Guy - Played by The Glorious Master Phantasm.Angel
    Saruin Fariath - Played by Eternal Champion Sanctus
    Zackariah Geroldin - Played by Dragon Master Mike, Supreme Overlord
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 03-24-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    I've been hooked on the Adventure Zone for a few months now, so definitely reserve me a spot as some kind of wizarding fellow in this!

Name: Lutine "Louie" Bell IV, Summoner of Sprouts, Wooer of Women, and All-Around Swell Guy

Character Class/Type: Majored in Wizardry, with concentrations in Evocations and Enchantments.

Background Personality & Info: Following in the proud footsteps of the male line of his family, Lutine Bell went to a very prestigious wizarding college on the coast, but instead of becoming something traditional like a fire wizard, an ice wizard, or a crazy swamp hermit, Louie fell in love with the idea of plants, albeit not the girl he dated who gave him the idea, and began experimenting with strange and unusual ways of mixing the unnatural application of magical energies with the immense power and beauty of the natural world. These experiments led to Louie's expulsion from the college and he finished getting his degree in a smaller community college to the shame of his father, the esteemed Bell patriarch. But something inside of Lutine IV snapped and he became more and more eccentric even as word of his deeds grew and his powers grew greater and greater until he became a living legend, a wandering wizard who dazzled and frightened people wherever he went, frequently doing good, sometimes doing bad on accident, but always doing the weird.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Torchic; 03-22-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

"This world has enough in common with the undead already!"

Name: Saruin Fariath
    Character Class/Type: Dark Knight. A kind of unconventional DPS/Tank hybrid.
    Background Personality and Info: If NOX hadn't destroyed Eternal City, Saruin may just have taken out several of its corrupt leading officials himself. He grew up in the royal courts of Yheburg and was trained to lead the Yheburgian Paladins. Though he at first seemed to be as loyal a subject as a king could find, in time he came to question his leader's methods and was exiled from the empire. Swearing allegiance to no one, he picked up the dark blade Deathbringer and became a wanderer of the world with his own agenda, isolated from society but still known as the patron of the oppressed.

As an outcast, you pretty much know what to expect from Saruin. He's quiet though somewhat hot tempered and easily offended by the stereotypes such people find annoying. Nevertheless, he can show some mercy to the undeserving as he knows he has himself made many mistakes, but that is the exception to the rule.

As for appearance, he wears bulky, black pseudo-futuristic armor but swings an oversized, demonic broadsword. Though born a human, he has gray horns protruding from the sides of his head. He wears no helmet and from underneath his armor one can see some traces of scales on the left side of his neck, all presumably the side effects of wielding his Deathbringer. He's very tall, and oddly, still growing. He has a scaly tail and a gray complexion. He has chin length black hair that he keeps parted over his right eye, which has turned red if one catches a glimpse of it.

I had troubles staying within the confines of a single paragraph. Hope that's okay but I'll edit if needed.
    Last edited by Sanctus; 03-23-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Senior Administrator

@Phantasm.Angel

Yer a wizard! Everything is fantastic and Lutine is all fired up and ready to go. Thanks for joining the awesomeness and hope you have a wild ride!

@Sanctus

Hey, no problem about getting detailed with the background! Everything looks juicy and awesome! Saruin is ready to go into kickass mode! Thanks for joining in!

Also, if anyone's wondering, I got the title from this song I've been utterly addicted to. Maybe this will help get you into the mood (works great as a theme song too!)!

MASTERS OF THE WORLD CAST
    Lutine "Louie" Bell IV, Summoner of Sprouts, Wooer of Women, and All-Around Swell Guy - Played by The Glorious Master Phantasm.Angel
    Saruin Fariath - Played by Eternal Champion Sanctus

Glaaaaad to be aboard. If this guy gets an angelic ascension that'd be quite the turn of events. @_@

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    Glaaaaad to be aboard. If this guy gets an angelic ascension that'd be quite the turn of events. @_@
    Oh, you get to choose that part, but irony is always a fun thing to give a spin!

He'll say something like, "Seems the dimwits upstairs canonized the wrong guy to sainthood."

And I may have just created a spin-off of Magnus from Kid Icarus. @_@

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    He'll say something like, "Seems the dimwits upstairs canonized the wrong guy to sainthood."

And I may have just created a spin-off of Magnus from Kid Icarus. @_@
    That dude's awesome. Ah, that's another one of those games I really should have finished, but just didn't get around to doing it.

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Ah, glad to be aboard this crazy train! I cannot wait to unleash my inner Hufflepuff all over the place
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

This sounds fun lol. Normally I'd try for something a bit less cliche, but meh.

Name: Zackariah Geroldin
    Character Class/Type: Warrior/light melee DPS. Dual wields falchion swords and wears medium-light armor.
    Background Personality & Info: Zackariah grew up on a farm with his mother and father. He had realized that farm life was incredibly dull, so when he was 18, he took two of his father's swords, a falchion and a rapier, and left in search of adventure. To him, anything seemed like it would be better than spending the rest of his life tilling fields. Soon though he realized that "adventure," as he had put it, wasn't exactly what he expected. But upon returning home, he found that his village had been raided and his parents killed. Having no home left to return to, he left again, this time seeking revenge.

Over the next four years, he would become stronger, and eventually become one of the most feared bounty hunters in the area. He replaced his father's weapons with two finely crafted steel falchions, but he always carries his father's falchion as a backup weapon. Though he no longer seeks revenge, he knows that there is no turning back from the path he has chosen.

Overall, Zackariah is pretty chill. He can stay calm in the most stressful of situations, and doesn't anger easily. He is not a big talker, but he doesn't particularly dislike talking either. Overall, he is a pretty decent person. While he may not always seem like it, he does have a strong sense of right and wrong, and will avoid doing anything to harm someone that he feels does not deserve it. He enjoys battle, and while he does not necessarily like killing, He will not hesitate to take a life.