Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Papyrus View Post
    People need to let me know if they want icons, cause I can do them, but it'll take some time. xD
    I will actually try to attempt my own, although I'll try to mimic your style. Two reasons. Practice for me and less icons for you to do. :P

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I will actually try to attempt my own, although I'll try to mimic your style. Two reasons. Practice for me and less icons for you to do. :P
    Oh, but I'm one of those people that likes everything to be uniform. XD But if you want to do yours, that's fine too.

I'll get to Alphys, Gaster and Undyne eventually! c:

Senior Administrator

Oh, but I'm one of those people that likes everything to be uniform. XD But if you want to do yours, that's fine too.

I'll get to Alphys, Gaster and Undyne eventually! c:
    Hmm, okay, I tried, but it still looks quite different from your style. My lines keep ending up too thin. XD

If you could hook me up with a Monster Kid icon to keep in uniform with the rest of the crew, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance. :D

(Not to mention I'd love to see your take on the dude anyway).

Hmm, okay, I tried, but it still looks quite different from your style. My lines keep ending up too thin. XD

If you could hook me up with a Monster Kid icon to keep in uniform with the rest of the crew, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance. :D

(Not to mention I'd love to see your take on the dude anyway).
    Monster Kid is actually another of my favourites. xD He's so gosh, darn cute! As for the lines, I do my general line art and then go over corners and places where lines intersect and make them thicker. Adds more dynamic to the piece.

Hey, Sam (@Awasfriend) wants to be Flowey, confirmed it with her earlier today.

Senior Administrator

Monster Kid is actually another of my favourites. xD He's so gosh, darn cute! As for the lines, I do my general line art and then go over corners and places where lines intersect and make them thicker. Adds more dynamic to the piece.
    He's awesome! He bails you out of so many messy situations, and you just have to love the way he talks. XD

Spoiler:
    I also read how in the genocide route, he stands up to your character despite his fears and that's pretty admirable.

So THAT'S how you do it! I kept messing around with pen sizes, pressure settings, redrawing lines, and stuff like that and was getting no where with it. I still think I'd need to practice a lot to get it to be like your awesome stuff.

Well apparently I'm gonna be Undyne which is cool with me. c: I didn't see much of her in my first playthrough though. I wish I'd gotten to talk to her more.

I defeated the game once...and wow, the end was so shocking. XD What the heck. But now I'm doing a true pacifist run and I'll see how that goes!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Well apparently I'm gonna be Undyne which is cool with me. c: I didn't see much of her in my first playthrough though. I wish I'd gotten to talk to her more.

I defeated the game once...and wow, the end was so shocking. XD What the heck. But now I'm doing a true pacifist run and I'll see how that goes!
    Far out that was quick. xD I seem to be the only one having trouble with a lot of the bosses. Damn my horrid reflexes! 3< And yeah, we kinda made you Undyne without asking for your permission. <3 BUT SHE'S REALLY COOL. BEFRIEND HER NEXT TIME!

He's awesome! He bails you out of so many messy situations, and you just have to love the way he talks. XD

Spoiler:
    I also read how in the genocide route, he stands up to your character despite his fears and that's pretty admirable.

So THAT'S how you do it! I kept messing around with pen sizes, pressure settings, redrawing lines, and stuff like that and was getting no where with it. I still think I'd need to practice a lot to get it to be like your awesome stuff.
    I KNOW. And I love the fact he doesn't get what's going half the time ahahaha. And to answer your spoiler, yes, he does! O:

Aha, yup! I do a rough sketch, then another, cleaner sketch, then the base lineart and I fix that up by thickening it a little. I actually had Eric and Dash on Skype the other day watching me draw Chara. xD It's a little unnerving being watched by people, but they could sorta see how I do it. Mostly it's just a lot of fiddling around until I get something that looks good, haha. But these icons are so basic, I'll probably just screenshot my way through one of them and show you guys how I do stuffs. c:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    Good luck.
    Yeah, it's tricky as it pretty much means you can't get your max HP above 20 besides sleeping at Inns. And those are definitely few and far between.

I KNOW. And I love the fact he doesn't get what's going half the time ahahaha. And to answer your spoiler, yes, he does! O:

Aha, yup! I do a rough sketch, then another, cleaner sketch, then the base lineart and I fix that up by thickening it a little. I actually had Eric and Dash on Skype the other day watching me draw Chara. xD It's a little unnerving being watched by people, but they could sorta see how I do it. Mostly it's just a lot of fiddling around until I get something that looks good, haha. But these icons are so basic, I'll probably just screenshot my way through one of them and show you guys how I do stuffs. c:
    Xanthe could always be Temmie instead. XD

And yeah, I don't think I could do a live steam of me drawing. Sometimes I think everything looks fine and then at the very end, I'm like... "crap, that head doesn't look right" and I end up going back a few steps before I ultimately decide to just start over. :P

Screenshots would be cool, though. I generally like those kinds of step by step guides and they're easy to refer back to.