Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    *hand punches out from the dirt of a gravestone*

I live again...! Hopefully, probably. I have drifted away from Pokemon games somewhat, but hopefully my love for the forum hasn't quite died yet. I am quite pleased to say that I've only grown as a writer, editor, and character analysist in my time away?
    Not even death can stop meeeee!

...All that aside. Uh. Hey. Good to see you all again.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    *hand punches out from the dirt of a gravestone*

I live again...! Hopefully, probably. I have drifted away from Pokemon games somewhat, but hopefully my love for the forum hasn't quite died yet. I am quite pleased to say that I've only grown as a writer, editor, and character analysist in my time away?
    Not even death can stop meeeee!

...All that aside. Uh. Hey. Good to see you all again.
    Welcome back, LKWayvern! It's great to see you posting here! How have you been?

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Welcome back, LKWayvern! It's great to see you posting here! How have you been?
    Had some rough patches, but managed a bunch of things I can be really proud of, too. Got my driver's licence (relatively late), got a job, wrote tens of chapters for an original story after finding it difficult to write anything other than fanfic. So, suppose it's been a bit up and down.

Had some rough patches, but managed a bunch of things I can be really proud of, too. Got my driver's licence (relatively late), got a job, wrote tens of chapters for an original story after finding it difficult to write anything other than fanfic. So, suppose it's been a bit up and down.
    Congratulations on your achievements! That's impressive! I'm sorry you had some rough patches, though.

Congratulations on your achievements! That's impressive! I'm sorry you had some rough patches, though.
    Eh, was probably inevitable that it couldn't all be great. Such is life.
    How have things been for you? Sad to see the forum isn't as active as it once was. I find myself missing the set-up of forums a lot, in the age of social media and discord servers. Don't think I align with those sorts of set-ups as much.

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Eh, was probably inevitable that it couldn't all be great. Such is life.
    How have things been for you? Sad to see the forum isn't as active as it once was. I find myself missing the set-up of forums a lot, in the age of social media and discord servers. Don't think I align with those sorts of set-ups as much.
    Hi, welcome back! I hear you about the difference between forums and new media. I think that forums have more history and roots than what has come since. I'm hoping it's possible to revive things with enough persistence, since those advantages have not gone away and I think the disadvantages of basing a community on Reddit, Twitter, or Facebook are becoming more apparent.

Oh, and I suppose I am also back from my travels. I'm going to get back to regularly posting!
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic View Post
    Hi, welcome back! I hear you about the difference between forums and new media. I think that forums have more history and roots than what has come since. I'm hoping it's possible to revive things with enough persistence, since those advantages have not gone away and I think the disadvantages of basing a community on Reddit, Twitter, or Facebook are becoming more apparent.

Oh, and I suppose I am also back from my travels. I'm going to get back to regularly posting!
    Nice to see you around, too! And yeah, more roots--but also it's just easier to find stuff? Social media is very focused on the now, and posts or tweets or what have you vanish into the void eventually. (Unless someone screenshots one and shares it around.) But forum threads stick around--or at least the ones on this forum. Part of the reason I thoughts about coming back is actually that I wanted to reread some stuff I remembered was on this forum--and despite not having been updated since 2015, the threads were still there!

Not to mention it's just kinda...slower. You can get to stuff when you get to stuff, unlike Twitter or Discord where it feels like there's a bit of pressure to respond Right Away.

@LKWayvern Thank you for asking. I have also had some rough patches, and I am going through one right now.
    (About a month ago, I told our friend KFT that I was looking for a new home to rent, as you can see on the previous page of this thread. I still haven't found a place to rent. But that's not the only reason why I'm going through a rough patch.)
    I also wish there could be more activity on PXR again. And I agree with your opinion about forums : I too enjoy easily looking up old threads and not feeling pressured to reply immediately. However, I think instant messaging is very convenient in some situations (such as gaming nights). Therefore, I wish forums and Discord could coexist again : in my opinion, they serve different purposes.

@Kentucky Fried Torchic Welcome back! I look forward to reading your next posts. How were your trips?

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Nice to see you around, too! And yeah, more roots--but also it's just easier to find stuff? Social media is very focused on the now, and posts or tweets or what have you vanish into the void eventually. (Unless someone screenshots one and shares it around.) But forum threads stick around--or at least the ones on this forum. Part of the reason I thoughts about coming back is actually that I wanted to reread some stuff I remembered was on this forum--and despite not having been updated since 2015, the threads were still there!

Not to mention it's just kinda...slower. You can get to stuff when you get to stuff, unlike Twitter or Discord where it feels like there's a bit of pressure to respond Right Away.
    You've hit the nail on the head for me. I've found it intimidating to try and join a community and find that there are hundreds of unread messages between the start and the end of a work day in a large general chat. If you're looking for something specific, you have to hope that someone sees your message, has the information or link available, and that you see it too. Notably, I've seen the message flood occur in groups with members in the single digits. The compartmentalization of a forum is a very nice contrast to that.

@LKWayvern Thank you for asking. I have also had some rough patches, and I am going through one right now.
    (About a month ago, I told our friend KFT that I was looking for a new home to rent, as you can see on the previous page of this thread. I still haven't found a place to rent. But that's not the only reason why I'm going through a rough patch.)

@Kentucky Fried Torchic Welcome back! I look forward to reading your next posts. How were your trips?
    I'm sorry to hear that you're still navigating the brambles, Cleobel. I hope that it passes and you come out stronger on the other side.

My traveling went pretty well! It was nice to have some time off from work and to see family, friends, and eat good food without worrying about what I had to get done the next day or the day after that. Of course, the vacation couldn't last forever and I came home to a dirty house and an work e-mail inbox full of questions and requests. But I hope that the period away will help carry me through the rest of the summer!
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're still navigating the brambles, Cleobel. I hope that it passes and you come out stronger on the other side.

My traveling went pretty well! It was nice to have some time off from work and to see family, friends, and eat good food without worrying about what I had to get done the next day or the day after that. Of course, the vacation couldn't last forever and I came home to a dirty house and an work e-mail inbox full of questions and requests. But I hope that the period away will help carry me through the rest of the summer!
    Thanks KFT, I appreciate your support. :)

I'm glad your travelling went well! I'm sorry you came home to a dirty house and a full inbox.
    How come your house got dirty, if you don't mind me asking? Did you mean dusty?
    Good luck with your work and the rest of the summer!