Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

FINALLY GETTING AROUND TO THIS.

Fire type pokemon in water

I think it should sort of be like what Neo said. I couldn't find a picture but I can remember in the Pokemon anime there's a scene where all of Ash and co's pokemon were playing in the water. All of the rock, ground, and fire types were sort of avoiding getting in, and I can remember Phanpy flipped out when they tried to get him wet. So I think it'd be like that. They don't really enjoy it but it won't like hurt them unless prolonged exposure.

Reviver Seeds

This is tricky because if we're going with the idea that these can revive the dead then there are going to have to be some SERIOUS restraints on using these. If we are going with game logic that it fully heals whomever it has been used on then firstly, I think it should be illegal or absurdly difficult for a regular person to get a hold of these. Like only hospitals and rescue teams or something like that can have them. Secondly, they're either really expensive, really rare, or both. Obviously if these were really prominent then we'd have lots of pokemon hundreds of years old. If we are going with Neo's logic in that it's just returning the person to life and that's it, then I also say, it has to act like how hospital revivings do, within a certain amount of time after death and (like Neo said) without too much bodily harm.

Moves

Honestly I'm okay with them having as many moves as they want as long as it's not unreasonable. If you wanted a cap I'd recommend six, but it doesn't really matter. I do think that pokemon should actually have to learn the move, like how Buizel learns Ice Punch in the anime. It's not instant, and they aren't going to be experts right off. I'd also venture to say if it makes sense for the pokemon to learn the move (like growlithe learning growl or scrafty learning sucker punch), they should be allowed to learn it as well. But I would say if such a case were to arise, then it would be needed to be pitted to the writers first before it actually happens.

Eating Habits

I'm okay with Pokemon sticking to the eating habits of the pokedex and their animal bases. I mean, we know Heatmor eat Durant and Toxapex eat Corsola, no way around it. While I'm sure that most if not all pokemon are probably omnivores, I wouldn't be against them eating each other. I would just say maybe make there like a line of distinction, like they're eating ferals or something so that way they're not eating other competent beings, because that might be a bit touchy to some.

Humans

Same with Neo, having them as mythology would be interesting! Especially if one showed up then it could be this big mystery of how they became a pokemon if they were previously a human because that means they would have had to time traveled or something. It would be fun for the writers to write the myths too.

Exploration Badges

I do think the teleportation feature is fine but I'd say it can only be used once per dungeon. So then teams are forced to carry a bunch around if they want to tackle multiple missions because they have to give one to each person they rescue and such. I'd say they can be recharged or something too but no more than one use, so if you run out then you have to try and escape the dungeon without it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by: