Page 43 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Chat DCC

The world needs a new hero Genesis's Avatar
    What is the best BioShock according to you?

The Prince of All Saiyans
    VM | PM

Gotta agree. People think games are worst and best all the time. Like, I like Shadow the Hedgehog and people deem that game to be the worst or second worst game to exist :I

Or like how people think Halo 3 is the best Halo ever. Nah, I think 1 is. Because length. (I accidentally spoiled some of the ending for Halo 4 and I am very very sad about this.)

YAY OPINIONS.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    I found Shadow the Hedgehog to be awesome because you could be totally BA with motorcycles and guns. Dunno why. But some of the best include The World Ends With You. The way the game (Not just THE Game, but the actual game itself) is played is the only one that's done it so far. At least in America. :L It adds for some more challenge and how brands affect how powerful one Pin is one second and changes the next (It goes by super fast) also the fact it takes place near a FASHION BUILDING. Okay, that's not the best part, but it's relatively cool.

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    The World Ends With You is an amazing game! I love how they use both screens. One of the best soundtracks too

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    Why play the worst Bioshock of the three?
    For gameplay or story reasons? I'm interested because it's the only one I played, and I put it down because of gameplay (I've never been a really big fan of shooter games).

Quote Originally Posted by J U Ice View Post
    The World Ends With You is an amazing game! I love how they use both screens. One of the best soundtracks too
    Definitely one of the best soundtracks. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Q for Quick View Post
    Hey man, you can't double post in the DCC. Just a heads up for next time.

In other news, the internet is so slow here I've been downloading BioShock2 and I've made it to 2.3 GB. So, when PXR isn't active I log back onto Steam and play Diner Dash. Don't be jealous.
    I haven't had internet all day. At least I got home then.

I don't play Bioshock.

Just Another Man Trying to Get By Grsspkmnmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    What is the best BioShock according to you?
    Having only played 1 and 2 and not being able to afford Infinite (still), I'd still have a very hard time picking between those two. The gameplay and the experience is so vastly different that it's hard to say which one I like more.

Original Bioshock plays to much more of a stealth feel, while Bioshock 2 let's you tank a lot more damage and encourages melee based gameplay a lot because of your weapon mechanics as well as the fact that you'll be fighting more enemies in more open spaces compared to the original game.

The storylines are, in my opinion, among the best in the entire video game industry, if not already the best by themselves. 2 felt like a more engaging storyline because there were a lot more chances to enact your own sense of agency, whereas the plot of Bioshock 1 was pretty linear. Combined with the fact that you aren't punished as much in 2 for taking damage, you also feel like you aren't taking as many risks as you are in 1 by deciding to go exploring.

On a not-totally-unrelated note, GARRY SCHYMAN IS AMAZING! The soundtracks to the Bioshock games are probably some of the best original scores I've heard for video games. The themes are beautifully haunting, and will genuinely scare you the first few times you play (even more so if you play in the dark, headphones on, etc).

I guess I'd say I liked 2 better as a game, because I keep coming back to play it a lot more than I do for 1 (mainly due to the longer replay value at having twice as many possible endings) but it's hard to have the full experience without having played 1 first, which is an amazing game in it's own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    Gotta agree. People think games are worst and best all the time. Like, I like Shadow the Hedgehog and people deem that game to be the worst or second worst game to exist :I

Or like how people think Halo 3 is the best Halo ever. Nah, I think 1 is. Because length. (I accidentally spoiled some of the ending for Halo 4 and I am very very sad about this.)

YAY OPINIONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperadoBRT View Post
    I found Shadow the Hedgehog to be awesome because you could be totally BA with motorcycles and guns. Dunno why. But some of the best include The World Ends With You. The way the game (Not just THE Game, but the actual game itself) is played is the only one that's done it so far. At least in America. :L It adds for some more challenge and how brands affect how powerful one Pin is one second and changes the next (It goes by super fast) also the fact it takes place near a FASHION BUILDING. Okay, that's not the best part, but it's relatively cool.
    The Sonic fandom is weird, I'm just going to say that right now. No matter what games get put out, Sega always gets a bad rap from most of their fans because of some little quirk which can make for a game which sells pretty well, but isn't the sidescrolling platformer/run-and-jump which some of the fanbase grew up on. That reasoning pretty much explains the backlash to any of the Sonic games that dared to be different.

Introduce an Action-Adventure Third Person shooter component? People hate Shadow the Hedgehog.
    Introduce a brawler/hack-and-slash component? People hate Sonic Unleashed.
    Introduce intense 3-D world with a lot more camera angles than before but still use core gameplay principles? People are already whining about Sonic Lost Worlds.

The Sonic fanbase is probably the hardest to serve; you're trying to sell a product that catches the 8-12 year olds who are probably buying one of their first games ever as the core demographic, which is where most of the sales come from, but you still have a large peripheral demographic of people who are diehard Sonic fans who are easily in their mid-20's to 30's by now who don't like change.

I've only played one Sonic game, and that was for the Sega. So for me, I can't judge the games at all cause I've never gotten into the series.

I forgot to mention I've never played any of the BioShock series. I'm almost finished downloading the second one, then I'm going to download the first and then Infinite. One of my friends played the first one on 360 and he loved it, so I figured it was worth a shot. I was looking for games on Steam that I can play without multiplayer because I'd just lag all the time, so that's why I'm downloading that trio.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I haven't played any BioShock games, but my brother does I think. I don't even know what genre they are. :X

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Just Another Man Trying to Get By Grsspkmnmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I haven't played any BioShock games, but my brother does I think. I don't even know what genre they are. :X
    FPS for sure. Themtic genre would be something like sci-fi/sub-modern steampunk noir thriller, if that makes any sense.