Once Upon a Dream(SU)

Once I was a feckless dreamer
    Now no being is supremer

Lethia is practically a utopia.

You’ve lived your entire life in this world Lethia and can’t ask for a better land. Food is abundant. Crime is nonexistant. Pollution is unheard of. Sins like wrath, greed, envy? Unnecessary.

Humans, and Pokemon of all kinds inhabit Lethia and live a peaceful life.

And yet, there still exist the ambitious. The dreamers. Those who chase after something greater than this idyllic paradise.

Whether you desired such a thing or not, you obtained it...

When the legendary goddess Cresselia revealed herself to you.

Cresselia told you amazing things. She told you both the secret of Lethia’s happiness, and brought grim news concerning the future of Lethia.

Far away from the known region, there is a mysterious region known as Alucina. Alucina is home to powerful artifacts secreted away by Cresselia to guard them. These artifacts, called the Dreamstones, have the power to alter reality to an extent, and are usually used by Cresselia to ensure that Lethia remains a utopia.

However not all inhabitants of Alucina share Cresselia’s goals.

In Alucina there is the Legendary god of nightmares and darknesss, Darkrai. He and his group of evil Defilers wish to pervert the power of the Dreamstones and create a world of misery and fear. His Defilers have already stolen and corrupted a few Dreamstones already, turning them into a substance called Lucidite which they use to bend reality.

Cresselia implores you to help her stop them.

She offers you Dreamcatchers, artifacts infused with Cresselia’s powers which will defend you from the reality warping powers of Lucidite, and pleads that you become her Preservers that you may kill Darkrai and his Defilers and smash their Lucidite, before all Lethia is turned into a sorrowful wasteland.

Remember

The Preservers

The Dreamcatcher has certain abilities. It can create a field around the Preserver that, when a Defiler enters it, causes lucidite to slowly begin disentegrating. An apple-sized chunk of lucidite in a Dreamcatcher field was seen to last about half an hour before totally becoming dust.
    Dreamcatchers also create a silvery energy shield that causes Defilers physical pain.
    The field and the shield can be used simultaneously. However, when not being used for anything else, if a Dreamcatcher is placed on a Preserver’s wound, pain will stop and healing will be accelerated slightly.
    Finally, using a Dreamcatcher allows one to talk to others bearing a Dreamcatcher, or Cresselia.

Lethia

Lethia is basically the canonical regions. The main exception being that criminal organizations don’t appear to exist.

Alucina

Alucina is a mysterious region. It seems to be composed of four main towns, and varying geographical features.
    The towns are Somnia Village in Lavender Woods, Aurina Village in the Transient Woods, Scienna Village in the Radiant Desert, and Deterra Village in the Soaring Mountains.

Map of Alucina

Defilers

There's a surprisingly small number of Defilers. All shall be played by me.
    They can be recognized by the fact that they have an aura which appears as a wreath of shadows and stifles emotion.

One last thing. You may not play Legendary Pokemon or gijinkas as of right now.

Forms

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Backstory:
    Team:
    Other:

(Pokemon Form)
    Name and Species:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Last edited by LKWayvern; 09-02-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I'm definitely in, just thinking of what kind of character to go with. This is definitely a more unique plot than what I usually see. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'm definitely in, just thinking of what kind of character to go with. This is definitely a more unique plot than what I usually see. :3
    Glad to hear it~
    Playing the Defilers is going to be so much fun. I'm cackling.

Edit: Did I say that gijinka were a thing in Lethia in the plot?
    That was a typo. They're not a thing in Lethia.
    Last edited by LKWayvern; 09-02-2017 at 03:08 AM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Glad to hear it~
    Playing the Defilers is going to be so much fun. I'm cackling.

Edit: Did I say that gijinka were a thing in Lethia in the plot?
    That was a typo. They're not a thing in Lethia.
    It's going to be tough. They've got Dreamstones and we don't. XP

So we wouldn't exactly have any special powers beyond what the Dreamcatchers would give, would we? I've read over the plot a few times just to make sure I understood everything, but in the end I'm guessing we're still playing humans in this dream world and all we would have at our disposal would be the Dreamcatchers and whatever Pokemon we have alongside us, right?

The Dreamcatchers would not give you access to other powers, no.

Cancelled.