Page 11 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    :3

I'm listening to The Pledge by Dir en grey. Punchy riff. <3
    I assume that means you like Pink Floyd. High five for Pink Floyd! What's your favorite album by them?

And also, I'm listening to the album "When Dream And Day Unite" by Dream Theater. Right now I'm at the song "Light Fuse And Getaway". I got this album a few weeks ago, but I haven't listened to it much. Pretty good album, but not as good as some of their other albums (Such as Train Of Thought and Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence).

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I assume that means you like Pink Floyd. High five for Pink Floyd! What's your favorite album by them?
    I haven't heard their entire discography because it's huge and I hate downloading music when it's possible to support the band (i.e. when it's not an incredibly rare release, like an ep some drone metal band produced and the only way to own a copy is if you're related to them). I do like The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets, Darkside, and The Division Bell, my favorite of them probably being The Division Bell. I love the guitar work and atmosphere in Cluster One, and also Poles Apart because it's just beautiful. But I also like the song Time on Darkside, probably my favorite song for that album. If I understand properly, their earliest albums (Piper and Saucerful) were psychadelic rock. I like Psychadelic rock, but progressive music is better.

How about yourself?

Dream Theater, ahhh, since you seem to like prog. I have two recommendations for you: Animals As Leaders (Jazz/Prog. Metal is how I define it) and Unexpect (Avant-grade Metal). Listen to any release from AAL, but for Unexpect I recommend especially their most recent albums In a Flesh Aquarium and Fables of a Sleepless Empire. Expect (it's really hard to, as their name suggests) a mix of... everything. Circus music, classical, jazz, metal, something like a 12-16 string bass playing lead, and an angelic soprano and the voice of some psychotic maniac. It's all there -- often times in one song.
    Last edited by Sanctus; 09-03-2013 at 06:09 AM.

I haven't heard their entire discography because it's huge and I hate downloading music when it's possible to support the band (i.e. when it's not an incredibly rare release, like an ep some drone metal band produced and the only way to own a copy is if you're related to them). I do like The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets, Darkside, and The Division Bell, my favorite of them probably being The Division Bell. I love the guitar work and atmosphere in Cluster One, and also Poles Apart because it's just beautiful. But I also like the song Time on Darkside, probably my favorite song for that album. If I understand properly, their earliest albums (Piper and Saucerful) were psychadelic rock. I like Psychadelic rock, but progressive music is better.

How about yourself?

Dream Theater, ahhh, since you seem to like prog. I have two recommendations for you: Animals As Leaders (Jazz/Prog. Metal is how I define it) and Unexpect (Avant-grade Metal). Listen to any release from AAL, but for Unexpect I recommend especially their most recent albums In a Flesh Aquarium and Fables of a Sleepless Empire. Expect (it's really hard to, as their name suggests) a mix of... everything. Circus music, classical, jazz, metal, something like a 12-16 string bass playing lead, and an angelic soprano and the voice of some psychotic maniac. It's all there -- often times in one song.
    I like psychedelic/prog rock too.

I've listened to a bit of Animals As Leaders, but not enough to say if I like them or not. I'll check out Unexpect, too!

Also, listening to a new band I found, called "Letzte Instanz". They are folk metal!

My Links

What Pink Floyd album should I listen to next?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Also, listening to a new band I found, called "Letzte Instanz". They are folk metal!
    I'm pretty unfamiliar with folk metal. It just isn't something I explored much. I'd have to find the right kind of folk, I guess, and there are a zillion ways you could do it. I did just listen to a song called Rapunzel by them. They do use folk instruments that I like. I'll look into an album by them.

Currently listening to Narenohate by Gonin-Ish. I wish these guys would put out a new album. Their last was in 2005. :|

What Pink Floyd album should I listen to next?

I'm pretty unfamiliar with folk metal. It just isn't something I explored much. I'd have to find the right kind of folk, I guess, and there are a zillion ways you could do it. I did just listen to a song called Rapunzel by them. They do use folk instruments that I like. I'll look into an album by them.

Currently listening to Narenohate by Gonin-Ish. I wish these guys would put out a new album. Their last was in 2005. :|
    Yeah, Rapunzel was the first song that I heard by them. I like the album that its on (Das Spiel).

My Links

"Berzerk" - Eminem
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

7. This post has been liked by:

Listening to "Destroyed. Forgotten." by Noctis. One of the best bands I've discovered in a while -- and it's an epic double album with over an hour of music. Some kind of mixture of Prog. and Doom metal, maybe? But also beautiful acoustic parts.
    Last edited by Sanctus; 09-04-2013 at 05:43 AM.

They're gonna feel pretty stupid... Texoticyapalli's Avatar
    "Ghost Narrative" - Emily Barker & the Red Clay Halo

Listening to the album 13 by Black Sabbath.

My Links

11. This post has been liked by:

The King of Digimon Fiery Fastball's Avatar
    I am listening to "Snuff" by Slipknot. Proof that even the most hardcore metal bands can make such a mellow song.